1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Kirby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

Not sure if my amiibo promotion theory was anything to go by, but I'm still glad it's happening before they release. Ha ha.

But why does this have to be set at such an ungodly hour for PT people? Not even children going to school wake up that early.

Ignition likes this.
  2. Ascended Dialga

Ascended Dialga Nothing special

The Devil May Cry team tweeted on January 7 that there are going to be DMC reveals on January 16, January 30, and February 13. With the DMC franchise having made its way onto a Nintendo console and a DMC reveal having been confirmed for the same day as the next fighter reveal, many people are speculating that the next fighter is going to be Dante. This could all just be a coincidence, but it's still interesting.

https://www.newsweek.com/dante-smash-ultimate-dlc-devil-may-cry-3-switch-direct-1482155

3. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

4. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I think Tempo from HarmoKnight would be interesting as a Fighter. My idea for him is that some of his moves aren’t that powerful when used alone but if you press a button rhythmically, each hit gets progressively stronger until it hits a max cap of damage. Basically Tempo starts swinging his staff and the sound effect that is heard is the basic musical notation scale with two additional High C note sounds before Tempo does a spin and holds up the staff in a pose.

5. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

Great...the reveal for Fighter Pass character #5 just had to be on a very un-convenient time for fans over in Australia (I think it takes place during midnight). Hopefully it is a character that I am interested in, everyone bar Joker so far has so far not interested me.

6. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Want to trade times? I'd rather stay up until midnight than get up at 6 am. That's when it is for people on the US west coast.

7. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I’ll be already up by then. It’ll be 9 AM in my area.

8. Dragalge

Dragalge Constance Rookidee

Not expecting FP1 from Fighters Pack 2 to be announced in this but Sakurai has shattered expectations here and there. Hopefully we get a good one tomorrow!

Also expecting some Mii costumes too. It’d be hilarious if this next batch had Byleth and the three TH lords.

9. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

What we really need is DLC Poke Ball summons and Assist Trophies. I'd love to see Lycanroc and Noivern added this way.

10. Ignition

Ignition Champion SZN

I'm not exactly mad that
    Byleth
    was added but feels weird having 4 3rd parties and then one first party to finish off this pack

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  11. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

The only thing weird to me was the setup. For someone that was said to be super secret and a surprise, I wouldn’t expect the main character of a huge first party series that came out last year to be one.

12. Blaze Master X

Blaze Master X Gigantamax Toxtricity

Byleth confirmed! I'm happy that we're getting an first-party DLC character (after Piranha Plant).
    I hope we will get more first-party DLC characters, like Gen 8 Pokemon.

FE haters are salty, aren't they? lol

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  13. Genos

Genos SONIC MOVIE

It explains why there was no announcement in the VGAs last year.

EDIT: I would've prefer Edelgard, but this character is fine.

OMG Altair and Cuphead outfit. I'm so buying those!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  14. Dragalge

“No breaks for me!”

Sakurai really does like working!

15. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

I guess fighter no. 5 being yet another Fire Emblem character isn’t as big of an issue with six (?!) more DLC characters on the way.

16. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

Not exactly the best way to end the first set of DLC characters, IMO.

Byleth looks like a fun character gameplay wise (He/she seems to handle even more like a super heavyweight then Ike does with Robin-tier slowness and extreme range/power on most of their kit) but the previous four DLC set a rather high bar for expectations.

I think there would've been less of a backlash if they released them later because they're really the odd one out of the bunch; the previous four having come from unrepresented franchise (Though people would've complained regardless because too much FE or whatever).

Considering the choices they made for the Mii costumes this time they still seem very keen on giving as many game worlds as possible representation so there's bound to be something that throws people for a loop within the coming six.

17. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

Derogatory term for sexual workers and promiscuous people identifying as female that refers to a common gardening tool used to cut and dig up weeds are angry.

This is how you make this character work. Not just a Copypasta with different elements. Actual cool mechanics. And a Polearm Character FINALLY!

ALso, Sakurai flipped off the haters while "counting" in binary. I love it.

18. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

OK, wasn't expecting Byleth since Three Houses was released after Smash Ultimate, but it's understandable since it's the latest Fire Emblem game.
    The Mega Man X and .EXE costumes are back along with Ubisoft characters and Cuphead, pretty cool.
    As for Fighters Pass vol. 2, if you count Piranha Plant, the first Fighters Pass had two Nintendo characters and four third-party guests. So I believe for this, it will be the inverse, four Nintendo fighters and two third-party guests. I predict Sceptile, Urshifu, Porky, Lana from Hyrule Warriors, a Bandai Namco rep, and a Sony rep.

19. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

Sakurai is a huge FE fan, so while Smash is biased for FE, it’s literally because of Sakurai himself, so it would have to be someone forcing him to not do it.

wolf jani and Dragalge like this.
  20. Dragalge

I’m more disappointed that we probably won’t get an update to Three Houses to smash furniture and other stuff. Would make going through the monastery 100 times more fun!