1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Kirby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

Reminder that Male Byleth's previous VA, Chris Niosi aka Kirbopher, got booted from the game around release because he broke NDA bragging about how he would get to be in Smash and also was revealed to be a sex pest

2. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Don't mess with the bull. You'll get the horns. Staff Member Moderator

That's me too. A bit tired of Fire Emblem characters making the cut though.

Pikasaur likes this.
  3. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

Getting Byleth as character #5 was quite unexpected though it is nice they are the second Fire Emblem that gets to use weapons other than swords. Also great that we are getting six more characters after the Fighter Pass.

4. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

Oh well. I guess they had to represent 3H. So if something new comes out that has a brand new important character, flags can be raised.

...But seriously, no Bernie or Mercedes? Geese. Terry got it good with all the cameos.

5. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Not gonna lie. When I woke up and saw Byleth's name written on the video, I laughed that it was another Fire Emblem character. From the looks of the like/dislike bar, I guess some Smash fans felt like they got trolled lol.

6. Auraninja

Auraninja Gre-nin-ja!

Compared to the amount of unpleasant comments the Pokemon news gets, the amount of salt for a Fire Emblem character is hilarious.

I do love the weapons getting represented though.

I also want to note that Fire Emblem is nearly an anthological series, so getting new characters is pretty easy.
    Though there are three in Awakening, two of those are echoes, so...

WishIhadaManafi5 and shoz999 like this.
  7. Psynergy

Psynergy Strong Winds Staff Member Super Mod

Even in Smash there's no escaping Fodlan Winds.

Today is a good day to be a 3 Houses fan.

shoz999 and Auraninja like this.
  8. AuraChannelerChris

"Hoes Mad" is such a hilarious trend.

9. shoz999

First it was the Player's Voice Award and now Smash Bros. Who will Fire Emblem troll next?

10. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

Astral Chain got spirits 5 months after it released, so to see Three Houses not get any in the six months it was out felt like something was up for this game in particular. And now we know why.

The irony of people upset over another swordfighter after they spent all of 2019 hoping for Sora and 2B, and all of 2020 for Dante amidst rumors, is palpable.

Dragalge likes this.
  11. Dragalge

Dragalge Lucy Eiscue

Another favorite part of mine from the Direct was how Sothis basically went “Too many swordsmen, eh?” only to have Byleth change into the female one.

She’s a swordswoman! Super different!

12. AuraChannelerChris

I thought it was because Byleth actually uses 3 other weapon types.

13. shoz999

It's a good to be excited but it's also a okay to be disappointed. Just don't act like a spoiled brat about it and everything will be fine like how your grand mama makes a good home-made lasagna. Sure it takes hours to make it right but it is still worth it in the very end. Just like a Smash Bros. character. You wait hours for it, it's still going to be a good quality character even if it doesn't meet your expectations.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  14. Dragalge

Dragalge Lucy Eiscue

The Japanese presentation had Sothis note that Byleth changed his gender iirc.

15. shoz999

Judging by the video, I wonder if Byleth is going to be a heavy swords character similar to Ike only instead of being up-close and personal it's as the video said, a distance demon. Come to think of it, is there a character like Byleth? A heavy with a focus on distance attacks? Can't remember.

16. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Thank goodness, an actual first party character. Not really into to Fire Emblem, and I feel like they have enough characters in Smash Bros already, but whatever, I'll take anything at this point. Guess this DLC pack went the same way as Smash Bros Wii U's DLC, an assortment of third parties, and one Fire Emblem character. I really don't get it, but whatever. Here's to hoping they've gotten the third parties out of their system and the next pack will be mostly, if not all, first parties.

Since my brother likes Fire Emblem, this will probably be the first DLC character since Piranha Plant that I actually end up getting.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  17. shoz999

Bguy7: I feel like they have enough [Fire Emblem] characters in Smash Bros. already...
    Sakurai: Is that a challenge?

The next six turns out to be entirely Fire Emblem characters. Somewhere Waluigi is crying in a corner.

18. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Just to be clear, I'm not one of those people absolutely against more Fire Emblem (or sword-wielding) characters. I don't care that much on the topic, but I'd still say they don't need any more, if it were up to me.

WishIhadaManafi5 and shoz999 like this.
  19. Auraninja

Auraninja Gre-nin-ja!

At the very least, Robin, Corrin and now, Byleth are unique characters in their own right showing the different weapon styles of Fire Emblem.

shoz999 likes this.
  20. NeganTheSavior

NeganTheSavior Well-Known Member

Not surprised it's another Fire Emblem character in the least.

shoz999 likes this.