1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Kirby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

I'm sure if Bayonetta suddenly started speaking in an accent that wasn't British, it would not go well.

2. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

Bayonetta speaking with a Hispanic accent would be truly bizarre yet somehow appropriate. Probably because she’s technically naked since her clothes are just her hair and Spanish speaking people are usually classified as being sexy in the media.

3. Pikasaur

Pikasaur Putting up a Fight

I thought the fighter pass DLC was supposed to be for game series that weren't in Smash already.

Thats my problem with Byleth. Since they are more Fire Emblem Characters.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  4. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

I guess it was hard to swallow for Nintendo not to promote their latest newest Nintendo game with brand new characters that this had to happen.

5. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

As great as it is to see the other three weapons in Byleth's moveset, to say he's switching them up compared to other swordies is really just a face value take. He's not completely adopting a new set of moves based on the weapon, they're just toggled to specific directions, and are only there for those moves. It'd be like saying Megaman is switching over to a Slash Man style because he used his Back Aerial.

6. bobjr

bobjr It's Fusion, I don't have to expalin it. Staff Member Moderator

People quoted Reggie saying that, but no where was it said every fighter has to me from a new series. Just that they wouldn’t be clones

Bguy7 likes this.
  7. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Just thought I would point this out in case people didn't know. Last night I found that all my custom stages and Miis that I had uploaded to the shared content section were gone. Apparently things are removed several months after they're uploaded. So if it's been a while, you might want to check your own stuff and make sure it's still there. This was especially disappointing for me, as I had one stage with over 300 "yeahs" last time I checked it several months ago. At the very least, I would have liked to have known how many it had before being taken down.

On a related note, here's a link to page with all my new codes, if people are interested in seeing my custom stages.

8. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

A Nintendo character (Byleth) and a bunch of classics (Banjo Kazoiie, Terry Bogard, The Hero). Is it weird that the only one I feel that's a bit out-of-place is Joker? If it were up to me, I'd probably take a look at the original Persona hero, not the most recent one. I know he's there for the marketing and hype but still feels kind of strange if you compare him to the other characters.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  9. Captain Jigglypuff

And the fact that the game Joker is best known for being in isn’t even out on a Nintendo console. All the other DLC have had at least one game on a Nintendo console that wasn’t a spin off. Terry is a bit iffy in that department but all the others have.

Trey pokes and shoz999 like this.
  10. Auraninja

Auraninja Gre-nin-ja!

Yeah, I found that out, and it is disappointing. I especially liked the meme-worthy material in the edited videos.

My favorite was Bayonetta saying "If you don't know how to talk to a lady, ask your mother", and then it pans to Lucas.

Terry is like Sonic in that it was on rival hardware before it got integrated onto Nintendo and other platforms.

11. Captain Jigglypuff

Terry was in Fatal Fury which was released on the SNES. What I meant was that Terry technically is the mascot for two games with one being a spin off from the first.

12. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Don't mess with the bull. You'll get the horns. Staff Member Moderator

That's insane. It's not fair for people who work hard on stages, etc., only to have them taken down.

13. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

To be fair, you can still re-upload them. You do have to re-save them first, so the system doesn't think you've already uploaded them. You just lose your "yeahs." It's an annoyance for sure, but I don't think it's insane.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  14. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Don't mess with the bull. You'll get the horns. Staff Member Moderator

Fair enough. Just meant the insane part due to it happening out of the blue.

15. TheCharredDragon

TheCharredDragon I mean it when I say I'm an RPG nut

Well, the closest to Joker on a Nintendo console at the moment is Persona Q2 on the 3DS with Persona 5 Scramble on both PS4 and the Switch coming out in Japan next month. So he's not completely on non-Nintendo consoles.

Though as much as I'd like to see P1 and P2 (both Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment) get more representation...I think that's exactly why it's not the P1 protag (the boy with the earring). P1 and P2 are, for the most part, overshadowed by P3 onwards. Plus P1 only appeared on PS, as a port on PC and a remake on PSP.

Though I'm not complaining. I'm just glad Persona is in Smash in the first place since I just love the series in general and we got awesome remixes (especially Aria of the Soul). And I like Joker and Morgana anyway. (Plus Crow skin but shh...)

shoz999 likes this.
  16. Auraninja

Auraninja Gre-nin-ja!

I suppose there was a tad bit of bleed-over from the SNK systems, which differs from Sonic in that Sonic basically stayed on Sega platfroms prior to the fall of the Dreamcast.

Still, Fatal Fury released on multiple systems, with SNK's Neo Geo being the console of origin.

17. Dragalge

Dragalge Constance Rookidee

I’ve always wondered why Atlus can get SMT games on Nintendo consoles/handhelds but not their own spinoff in (Persona). They even got the spinoffs of the spinoff on there too (Persona Q games)! Maybe Persona 5 or any Persona game will get on a Nintendo system one day like FF so Joker doesn’t feel the odd one out.
    Oh

18. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I would assume that Sony pays a pretty penny for the mainline personas

e: Like to be clear there's probably more complicated contracts and exclusivity deals around them that weren't made for mainline SMT, likely because of different successes, so Nintendo can swoop in and pay out for SMT4, Apocalypse & 5

19. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

Persona is ultimately a Sega property because they own Atlus. If the Sonic movie succeeds perhaps Paramount can adapt other Sega properties too like Persona and Bayonetta (the latter with WB, due to my desire for some of the principals behind WBTV's Supernatural to be involved in the film). Paramount and Sega were both owned by a company known as Gulf and Western in the 1970s.

20. TheCharredDragon

TheCharredDragon I mean it when I say I'm an RPG nut

My thoughts exactly. A lot of Persona fans (or at least the ones I've seen) wished that P5R was also on Switch.

-notices this thanks to Dragalge-
    I know a majority of players of Smash play it casually, myself included for the most part, and I get why you say that since I'd love for FE characters like Hector or Ephraim to get in if it has to be an FE character, but as someone who mains Lucina, I wanna mention that her lack of tippers compared to Marth makes her feel very different to play since her damage is more consistent and I don't have to space myself so that I know for sure I can KO the opponent. ZeRo during that time attests to that.