1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Kirby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

Well, we still don't know if that applies to characters who are already spirits.

2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

Let me guess. It's Spring Man despite the fact he's an Assist Trophy which would only add to the shock value (and open up Waluigi's chances in the process); or it's really a random pick of the cast, which would still be part of the same shock value (thus screwing Waluigi).

3. Auraninja

Auraninja Try to understand.

I'm kind of thinking they will pull of a "Piranha Plant" and pick a semi-random cast member, like Min Min.

Spring Man is kind of vanilla anyway.

4. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

There's no reason to think it would when it didn't apply to trophies, though.
    To put it another way, assuming it is someone from ARMS 1 and not a tie-in to an ARMS 2 (which is what I think, regardless of the spirit situation), do you really think they'd go "aw dang, we made spring man an assist trophy and we have all the other popular characters as spirits! time to go with tertiary characters we didnt make spirits of almost 2 years ago! There is simply no other option!!"
    At least with assists we haven't had a DLC promotion and he's said a couple times now when they show up it obviously means they aren't playable; I think they could go against that in Wave 2, but nevertheless I understand.
    Spirits dont have that. They're jpeg replacements for Trophies because they take less time. They're definitely equivalent.

5. Ignition

Ignition Smug Smasher

Always wanted an ARMS rep so I’m happy with this. Hopefully Twintelle is the character though I’m kind of expecting Min Min.

Also totally expecting one of the starters or Urshifu to be one of the 6

Weavy and wolf jani like this.
  6. Auraninja

There was also that one time where the Cuphead spirit had a different fighter depending on if you downloaded the Mii Costume DLC.
    They could do that for someone like Min Min for example.

I don't see an ARMS 2, myself, because it hasn't been that long ago since the original ARMS.
    The difference between that an Splatoon would be that Splatoon was a popular game debuted on an unpopular console, thus warranting a sequel.

7. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

It's been 3 years and it'll probably be 4 by the time it theoretically comes out (well...maybe 5 depending on how covid goes). I think that's been long enough for a bigger, better sequel to take the stage

8. Dragalge

Dragalge Larry, Buznut, Countey, Astar, Feh, & Eggbert

They said this fighter will be announced and released in June. What usually goes on in June? Game announcements (even though E3 got canceled this year)! What better way than to announce and promote a theoretical ARMS 2 with a new fighter representing said game/series!

wolf jani and Ignition like this.
  9. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Pikachu Fan Number Nine Don't Mess wit Texas

I hope a Gen 8 Pokemon is part of the pass. We've never had a Pokemon newcomer as DLC - only a veteran.

wolf jani likes this.
  10. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I would, legitimately, be shocked if there's not a Pokemon on this pass.

wolf jani likes this.
  11. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Obstagoon would be good because it would essentially bring a "rock star" into Smash, given its resemblance to the band Kiss.

12. Blaze Master X

Blaze Master X Gigantamax Toxtricity

That would be awesome if Toxtricity would be the Gen 8 Pokemon rep.

13. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

Actually I’d love to see Urshifu be the rep. It’d help promote the Expansion Pass and we could have both forms as alts for each other.

14. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

Unless Urshifu can change styles, I don't see it becoming a rep. It'd be weird that the game only gives you one option, but in Smash it can change styles.

Weavy likes this.
  15. Blaze Master X

Blaze Master X Gigantamax Toxtricity

Yep, that would be awesome as well. I think it could change styles, since both forms have different styles.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020 at 6:38 PM
  16. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I never played ARMS so I'm not excited, but I'm still glad another Nintendo franchise is getting a character in. Instead of shitty Fire Emblem hogging yet another slot :rolleyes:

17. Pikachu Fan Number Nine

If it weren't for Smash FE wouldn't even have made it out of Japan.

18. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

So we now know the first fighter from Fighter Pass 2 is going to be an ARMS character. Spring Man is a bit dicey since he is currently an AT but Min Min, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara and Twintelle only exists as base game Spirits. Given the opening character is not the “shock value” akin to Joker it is curious how the rest of the Pass would be like (particularly if we get another reveal during the “E3” Direct).

19. Auraninja

I'm not going to say it's impossible, but personally, I doubt the next fighter will be a character debuting in ARMS 2.

I also got the vibe that they were teasing by showing the roster, as if, "which character is coming in" (unless they are throwing a curveball).

20. The Mega Champion

The Mega Champion Well-Known Member

A Fighter from another Fighting game?

Sorry... that's a pass for me