1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Kirby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Genos

Genos New Horizons

Like shoz999 said, it sold over 1 million copies. Which is a success for Nintendo.

The game had it's hype even though it didn't last that long. I remember some folks were excited for it's DLC. It deserved it's recognition in Smash.

Leonhart and shoz999 like this.
  2. shoz999

shoz999 Sonic's the name! Speed's my game!

Another note, for those wondering who Dr. Coyle is from ARMS, this is practically her, the main villain of ARMS. She's essentially a range fighter with invisibility... yes. Invisibility lol. Now how creative and OP would an invisible fighter do in Smash? Especially with all that range? Be honest, would you guys freak out if you saw an invisible fighter making their debut in Smash?

Gamzee Makara likes this.
  3. The Mega Champion

The Mega Champion Well-Known Member

I think I'd rather have something from a lesser known franchise/series... like a Digimon, Spyro or Crash, Neku from TWEWY, Sora from Kingdom Hearts or Klonoa.

But clearly just me.

TheCharredDragon and Leonhart like this.
  4. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

I don't think Digimon is or ever was especially on the table. Sora is probably - not definitely, at all, but probably - off limits due to the Disney connection.

The rest, depending on a number of things, Sakurai may want to keep the third-party negotiations to a minimum in this round. We know he already met with one developer to pitch them on using a character, but he says they're often a bear to work through, depending on whom he has to communicate with, and the more he can keep a character in-house, the less he has to worry about that. Time will tell.

Leonhart and TheCharredDragon like this.
  5. TheCharredDragon

TheCharredDragon Rated F for flirting, fluff and feels

And as cool as it would be for Digimon to be added, besides maybe Agumon, I can't really think of a good representive of the franchise. I mean, I have my personal silly wish, but that's it, a silly wish. okay that sounded very cynical...

Though speaking of characters we wish were added, I think the closest I have to such at the moment for me (because my dream already came true when Joker was added in Smash) would be Ky Kiske from Guilty Gear, because well, it's the only fighting game besides I've enjoyed so far. Though Sol Badguy is just as likely, if not more. But I doubt it, as much as I'd like it.

Oh and Soma Cruz from Castlevania, but that's even less likely, partially because I think his moveset would basically be Byleth + Alucard assist trophy.

EDIT:

I just realized you mentioned Neku from TWEWY and, oh my gosh, my mind would be blown if he was in Smash 'cause I loved playing TWEWY ("So zeta slow!").

...though that just made me remember Terra (of Final Fantasy VI) was considered for Smash and makes me want to have someone from FFVI in the game since I love that game too...

EDIT EDIT:

13-year-old Prodigy Destroys World's Best Players - ZeRo

I just had to link this because it's basically a shonen anime come to life through competitive online Smash. A 13 year old kid beats Samsora, 2nd best in the world, and when Samsora basically says (as I forget the exact words), "Who are you?" the kid goes "I'm just an average kid."

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Leonhart and shoz999 like this.
  6. Nicholas Perkins

Nicholas Perkins The Smasher Demon

Frankly, I’m quite excited for an ARMS rep after playing the trial for a bit. I hope it’s Min Min, because she’s the easiest to translate to a Smash character!

7. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

We have the right to Smash ARMS

8. Ignition

Ignition “Go get ‘em, tiger!”

Auraninja likes this.
  9. Auraninja

Auraninja Try to understand.

Ignition likes this.
  10. Nicholas Perkins

Hey, is it okay if I start a thread for Assist Trophy ideas?

11. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

Just keep it in here.

12. Nicholas Perkins

Well, okay then.

Flayn: Uses Rescue if you are launched, and uses Fortify to heal you constantly, bit by bit.

Space Invaders: Slowly fall down attacking enemies, getting faster and faster as time goes on.

Dreambert: Puts the summoner to sleep and protects and slightly heals them with a shield, and raises their stats when they wake up.

Firebrand: Constantly flies around and spits fireballs.

Bald Bull: Charges at fast speeds with Bull Charge.

Bonanza Bros.: Shoot fighters to stun them, grab items for the summoner, and throw bombs to stun fighters in an area.

Manhole (Game and Watch): Appears near the blast zone to rescue the summoner during their fall.

Mata Ray (Ring Fit Adventure): Heals summoners that stand under it bit by bit (slightly more for every time the summoner or their allies taunt on it).

Pokémon Ranger: Draws loops around opponents that slowly deal damage. Any continuous looping around opponents over 100% damage instantly K.O.'s them.

Wii Balance Board: Wiggles around and causes either earthquakes that continuously trip opponents, or turn the floor to ice, causing opponents to slip around.

Cactuar: Hops around hurting anyone that touches it (even when it's damaged) and attacks with its signature 10,000 Needles at the end.

Adam Malkovich: Disables a random special move from an opponent.

Cranky Kong: Plays an old music box that plays the old Donkey Kong opening theme, while small TNT Barrels pop out and roll in different directions.

Susie Haltmann: Turns the summoner Metal.

Viruses (Dr. Mario): Shoot a beam from each virus and inflict different status effects on opponents depending on the color of the beam.

-Red: Gives the opponents a Superspicy Curry effect where they breathe fire

-Blue: Freezes the opponent

-Yellow: Inflicts a flower effect

Towtow (Subspace Emissary): Heals the summoner when they’re sleeping, and attacks opponents who wake it up.

Tom Nook: Rewards the summoner with extra coins to pick up. This goes into how much gold you earn after the battle.

Ignition likes this.
  13. TheCharredDragon

TheCharredDragon Rated F for flirting, fluff and feels

I approve of this idea.

Nicholas Perkins likes this.
  14. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Oh no, that de-confirms Redd as a character in Smash!

More seriously, it's interesting that so many of those Spirits aren't even in New Horizons. Of the 20 characters shown, only 11 actually exist (or have been announced to eventually exist) in New Horizons.

15. Nicholas Perkins

The Fire Emblem series’ 30th anniversary is on April 20th. Do you guys think they’ll do an event tournament to celebrate?

16. Auraninja

Details on the Spirits:

Daisy Mae: Villager (and Peach): Novice
    Flick: Yoshi: Advance
    Chip: Isabelle (and M/F Inklings): Advance
    Orville and Wilbur: Falco (and Falco): Ace

17. shoz999

Oh man. Okay, do any of you remember how I suggested how Smash Bros. taking a "Next Generation" route with the series would be a pretty interesting direction after their "Everyone is here" route, "Next Generation" meaning where they completely wipe the roster of previous characters for a completely new slate of entirely new characters representing all the series that have appeared previously? It finally hit me who would best represent the Mario series if Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser were not part of the roster.

[​IMG]

Nabbit! He is the perfect representative to Mario in a Next Generation style Smash Bros. Some of you guys probably don't know this character but he is well-liked by Mario fans that many hope he appears in the Mario Kart series some day. Why just recently he got his doctor degree in the new Dr. Mario games for mobile phones, with a lot of fans saying they love the character, but wouldn't let the rabbit thief operate on them in fear that he may steal their organs. Okay, but what about Smash Bros? There are three reasons why I believe he would be a good representative of the Mario series in a "Next Generation" route.
    • The first is that he has such a charming design that makes him stand out from other characters, and thus could potentially serve as a good successor to Mario, a purple thieving rabbit anti-hero with a mouth handkerchief. Of course no one can replace Mario's popularity, no one.
    • The second is he would be a semi-Mario clone similar to Luigi. If you ever played Super Mario Bros. U, he plays pretty much like Mario & Luigi. In Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, there are times he even acts as your ally and even does Bros. Moves with the Mario & Luigi brothers. When he fights on your side, his attacks and Bros. Moves are exactly like Mario & Luigi's. The only real difference is that he wield his bag like a hammer, swinging it at foes, which would be pretty fun in my opinion. Also his grab animation would be pretty funny too, throwing characters into his bag.
    • The third is that why a semi-Mario clone? Well one of the reasons why Mario is so beloved among Smash Fans is that he is one of the easiest characters to use for beginners. If your going to do a "Next Generation" route with Smash with a completely new roster of characters, you have to at least have that one character that's easy to use, and Nabbit would be perfect for this.

18. Nicholas Perkins

Okay, so here’s a stage concept I thought up if the ARMS rep is Min Min; her own home stage, Ramen Bowl.

Description: The Ramen Bowl is an arena with a giant bowl in the middle. There is a gong in the background and tons of audience outside the arena. Other ARMS characters (such as Spring Man*, Twintelle, and Max Brass, just to name a few) make cameo appearances in the background.

*The Spring Man Assist Trophy is disabled on this stage.

Layout: The stage is basically one big downward half-circle with a large flat surface in the center. Platforms shaped like plates occasionally appear from opposite sides.

Gimmicks and Hazards: The red center of the stage will sometimes break if fighters hit it enough times while fighting. The platforms appear a couple seconds before the center breaks, so there could be a more stable fight. When the center breaks, there’s a 50/50 chance it will reveal either a spider web trampoline (taken from the Mausoleum stage) or a bottomless pit. After 35 seconds, the gong bangs with green dragon aura around it, and the center is repaired.

When the center is intact, drones will occasionally fly by and drop items. The items they drop are:

-HP Juice: Functionally identical to the Healing Field, so THAT item is disabled.
    -Rush Juice: Increases the fighters’ attack and speed, but slightly lowers their defense. It also slowly fills up their Final Smash Meter, but only when it’s turned on.
    -Fire Bomb: A giant bomb that explodes in a huge radius, ignoring shields (35%, far knockback)
    -Shock Bomb: A giant bomb that explodes in the same radius as the fire bomb, but fighters caught in the explosion are stunned for a couple seconds (35%, medium knockback)

Music:
    -Grand Prix (Main Theme)~New Remix
    -Spring Stadium~New Remix
    -Ribbon Ring
    -Ninja College~New Remix
    -Mausoleum~New Remix
    -Ramen Bowl~New Remix
    -Scrapyard
    -Cinema Deux~New Remix
    -Buster Beach
    -Snake Park
    -DNA Lab~New Remix
    -Sky Arena~New Remix
    -Via Dolce~New Remix
    -Temple Grounds
    -Sparring Ring
    -[NAME REDACTED]
    -Vs. Hedlok~New Remix

shoz999 likes this.
  19. shoz999

20. Auraninja

I feel like whoever the fighter is, it's likely not Spring Man.

I feel like they would have kept the franchise being represented secret, where the surprise would be an upgraded assist trophy.

Though, if it was Spring Man, they could replace him with Springtron as an Alfonso situation (given that they were able to program it that way).

Or they could make it a Chrom situation and really not care.

However, I really am not thinking it's Spring Man in this scenario.