1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Kirby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Auraninja

Auraninja Try to understand.

I did all the Min Min stuff, which means I did the spirit board and classic mode.

Now that the spirit collection menu has spirit rematches, I feel obligated to do every-single-one-of-them. It should be fun.

2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hey, Deku, you looking up your name on Googl-?"

Min Min's Fighter Spirit is new art I haven't seen before.

Pokemon Power likes this.
  3. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

It's existing art from her initial reveal in arms

[​IMG]

Leonhart likes this.
  4. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hey, Deku, you looking up your name on Googl-?"

Yup. Haven't seen it before.

5. Auraninja

So far, in my effort to do all the spirit battles in the spirit list menu, I have defeated all of the base Mario spirits.

6. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

They let you re-fight Master Spirits, which is nice.

Leonhart likes this.
  7. shoz999

shoz999 The goofiest-looking dog I've ever seen. I LUV IT!

Got around to trying Min Min. Definitely takes some time to learn. Didn't realize I could activate the dragon beams by just flicking the analogue stick in a different direction but also having to time it. I will say this, jesus christ I had a lot of fun with Min Min. It is so satisfying taking down those annoying Young Link Zoners!

8. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

It's worth noting that Min Min is able to Switch her arms on the respawn Platform without being forced to fall of it. It's a small but interesting note given pretty much every character action in the game forces you off the respawn Platform.

Nicholas Perkins and shoz999 like this.
  9. Auraninja

In my quest to defeat all the spirits in the spirit list, I have defeated all the base Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda and Metroid spirits.

I am now on the hardest spirit challenge yet, which is Baby Bowser.

The second part of the battle is so tough, with Giant Bowser having such reach and he doesn't flinch, so you can't keep him at bay.

Edit: Did all the Yoshi spirits. I used Hero's Kafrizz (Neutral B) fully charged a couple of times for an insane amount of damage.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  10. Nicholas Perkins

Nicholas Perkins The Smasher Demon

Man, I wish the Spirit rematch feature allowed you to re-fight the boss Spirits.

Leonhart likes this.
  11. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

There is always the choice of replaying the true ending for WoL but it is definitely not the same as fighting them individually or something similar to Brawl’s Boss Battles/The Arena from Kirby.

12. Nicholas Perkins

Anyone hear rumors about a Nintendo Direct in July? If we do get one (not that I expect any), do you think FP7 will be revealed then?

13. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Nope. Not a thing. Zero hints. Not a peep. Blessed, sweet silence.

Maybe we will get a presentation this month, all the stuff they would have shown at E3 has to be shunted somewhere. But "there's going to be a Nintendo Direct in [upcoming day/week/month]" is the easiest rumor scam for any schmuck to run, which is why any schmuck does in fact run it weekly, and anything you see that might suggest as much can be safely ignored, as can most/all rumor mongers.

wolf jani and AuraChannelerChris like this.
  14. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

Probably, though I think it'll be like Min Min. They won't tell us exactly who it is, but they will tell us where they're from, and the release window.

15. Auraninja

I think ARMS was a particular situation where they wanted us to hype up what character it could be. There are several ARMS characters to choose from.

Nicholas Perkins likes this.
  16. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army

I think that was the plan. Leave players guessing who was going be the next DLC Fighter which did its job. Unlike newer Nintendo IPs such as Splatoon, we had no idea who it could have been because you don’t play as one character for the entire game. Splatoon only has the Inklings and Octolings as main characters from their franchise that can be controlled by you, Banjo and Kazooie were the obvious pick for their franchise, and the Belmonts were always going to be the ones to represent Castlevania as a whole.

Nicholas Perkins likes this.
  17. Nicholas Perkins

Say what you will about the current DLC stages, but I personally admire most of them for doing stuff that hasn’t been seen before in Smash

-Mementos: Different aesthetics depending on the music
    -Yggdrasil’s Altar: Item containers that are also enemies
    -Spiral Mountain: A whole STAGE that rotates and has a different layout
    -KOF Stadium: Breakable walls on both sides of a flat arena, which makes it feel like a true fighting game
    -Spring Stadium: Platforms that are not only extra recovery tools, but can also make your jump damage enemies

18. shoz999

shoz999 The goofiest-looking dog I've ever seen. I LUV IT!

Just thought of something crazy. A lot of people want Xenoblade's Rex as one of the Challengers of the Season Pass right? But what about a Xenoblade Villain? Keeping it spoiler-free, wouldn't it be crazy including the Xenoblade Chronicles very first main antagonist in Smash Bros? How would that even work lol? You know how people say Ridley is too big for Smash? I'm thinking this character is too OP lore-wise for Smash. They could probably achieve it but it would be funny seeing a character like Mario knocking this villain off-stage lol like any other character.

19. Auraninja

20. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army

So who do you think is coming next? I’m guessing someone that not too many would expect such as Spyro or Jill from Drill Dozer.