• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Auraninja

Try to understand.
Pokemon seems like a likely though a Sword/Shield Pokemon is a bit in a shaky spot due to having a Spirit Board event (Three Houses never got one before Byleth's release). Admittingly it only really affects the box legends though all our Spirit promotions (Min Min and Pyra/Mythra) were so far for base game Spirits.
That is true, and maybe that was their way to represent Gen 8. I just don’t want to completely dismiss the possibility.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
as a massive xenoblade fanboy im hyped for the new characters

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m guessing that Pyramid/Mythra will be available to use in the game after the Direct ends or a day or two at most afterwards? That seems to be the pattern.

Pokemon Power

Has anybody else heard about that one rumor lately? Apparently, some guy on 4chan (not a very reliable source if you ask me) stated that Nintendo is planning a Smash Bros.-themed concert in 2022, and the last two songs on the list hint at the last two fighters for the game.
Both third-party characters: Activision's Crash Bandicoot and Capcom's Monster Hunter.
Personally, I think the fact that this rumor correctly guessed Pyra and Mythra was just a lucky coincidence. I don't believe that this rumor is true, but we'll just have to see for ourselves.

R_N

Has anybody else heard about that one rumor lately? Apparently, some guy on 4chan (not a very reliable source if you ask me) stated that Nintendo is planning a Smash Bros.-themed concert in 2022, and the last two songs on the list hint at the last two fighters for the game.
Both third-party characters: Activision's Crash Bandicoot and Capcom's Monster Hunter.
Personally, I think the fact that this rumor correctly guessed Pyra and Mythra was just a lucky coincidence. I don't believe that this rumor is true, but we'll just have to see for ourselves.
No real reason to think twice about it especially because the "rumor" in particular didn't even say what the character would be

The rumor itself was literally just "They're planning a mega concert" and the song list. It's the type of fake leak that doesn't outright commit to a character and instead just implies it without even directly acknowleding what the songs would mean. For XB the song was "Counterattack!"

Their list also has some goofs in it such as listing Mii Plaza as a song for the Miis (a song thats not even in smash) and Ken has no song.
because also the rumor would imply that every character would have their own song (Trainer shares, Miis share). This track list would be 95 songs long as well, since each Smash game itself gets 2 songs and there's an original medley.
All the IPs they would have to jump through to get them all in and also then have to hack through them to get them all done in 3 hours.

There's really no reason to concern with any of it.

Ignition

Funky Kong Propaganda
No real reason to think twice about it especially because the "rumor" in particular didn't even say what the character would be

The rumor itself was literally just "They're planning a mega concert" and the song list. It's the type of fake leak that doesn't outright commit to a character and instead just implies it without even directly acknowleding what the songs would mean. For XB the song was "Counterattack!"

Their list also has some goofs in it such as listing Mii Plaza as a song for the Miis (a song thats not even in smash) and Ken has no song.
because also the rumor would imply that every character would have their own song (Trainer shares, Miis share). This track list would be 95 songs long as well, since each Smash game itself gets 2 songs and there's an original medley.
All the IPs they would have to jump through to get them all in and also then have to hack through them to get them all done in 3 hours.

Mii Plaza is in the game. I agree with most of your other points though.

MrJechgo

There are also another things...
  • There's a missing track for Ken.
  • Square Enix isn't really that permissive for other orchestras to play their tracks, especially for Final Fantasy.
  • Dragon Quest has even more restrictions due to the composer being a real piece of work.
  • Konami also isn't that permissive to use their Castlevania tracks. A pianist once told me that her team needed approval.
  • The concert would last for 4 hours, unless they heavily cut the tracks to one loop and a bit more.
  • There... isn't a good viable reason to host a concert in 2022 for Ultimate, especially given the global health crisis. I can understand a 5th anniversary, but still...
  • I'm having a hard time believing that Activision would be that willing to offer Crash. There was a "leak" about Activision's plans for Crash, supposedly about Crash 4 on Switch (which is happening) and Crash's inclusion in Ultimate for 2021, but that was debunked.
  • It took Capcom until 2017 to allow a Hunter from Monster Hunter in a crossover, being in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, as there were reports of the producer(s) refusing to offer one in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 in 2011. There seems to always be clauses in MH contracts to exclude a playable Hunter until specifically noticed.
I know to "never say 'never'", but 3rd-party devs aren't that open to crossovers as it sounds.

We'll get a presentation for Pyra and Mythra on Thursday. While there will not be any new fighter announcement, this will be a time to see if the Mii costumes for Tales of Symphonia's Lloyd Irving and for the various Monster Hunters will finally return.