• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

bobjr

EVERYONE WANTS THE BIG CHAIR MEG
Staff member
Also Smash is huge on reveal trailers, an obvious song reveal is really not their thing.

R_N

Also Smash is huge on reveal trailers, an obvious song reveal is really not their thing.
To be clear the rumor was not "they will reveal these characters at the conert and also announce the set list ahead of time" it was just "there will be a concert in 2022, here is the proposed set list"

MrJechgo

To be clear the rumor was not "they will reveal these characters at the conert and also announce the set list ahead of time" it was just "there will be a concert in 2022, here is the proposed set list"
Yeah, pretty much, but then again, listing that many songs for a 2022 concert would make some sense, since musicians have to reherse.

Auraninja

Try to understand.
Not that there was much doubt in my mind, but Sakurai has hinted that Fighters Pass 2 is the last fighters pass for Ultimate.

Pokemon Power

Told you, I told you the Monster Hunter Mii Fighter costumes would be re-incorporated in the next wave, and adding a costume based on Arthur from Ghosts n Goblins to tie in with the newest game seems like a nice thing to do. All that's left is the Lloyd costume.

Ignition

Funky Kong Propaganda
Sakurai said similar things with the first Fighters Pass with something along the lines of “Who are the final 2-3?!?” so I’m not taking that as any hint though I never have any expectations with Smash so I don’t mind either way.

Can’t wait to try out the new characters later today. Loved watching Sakurai act like a kid when he was narrating the Squad Strike. That and his attention to detail is why I love this game.

Auraninja

Try to understand.
He did say that there were only two reveal trailers left to show, and I don't think that he meant that only for Fighters Pass 2.

I was also careful enough to use the word hinted, although he said he had no plans after making FP2 in the past.

Auraninja

Try to understand.
Sorry guys, Crash doesn't have an official figurine, so he can't join.

Ignition

Funky Kong Propaganda
My point was that he’s implied that we were reaching the end of the DLC prior to FP2’s announcement which obviously was not the case. Wouldn’t take it for a hint to anything especially since he dislikes people reading into what he says. Can’t wait for people to take the thing about the trailers final 2 characters or the figures to (de)confirm characters lol
Sakurai says that the last 2 Fighters have Official Figurines

Quick count every video game character who has a Figure!
I bet Sakurai has a spreadsheet for every time a figure for a video game character comes out

Auraninja

Try to understand.
I don't remember Sakurai stating any language that would seemingly indicate that FP1 would be the last. Since we knew right after Terry's reveal that there would be a fighter's pass 2, I checked the end of Banjo's trailer, and Sakurai just states that he would be adding more fighters. If you have anything to show for this, then feel free to show it (or not), but otherwise, I don't really recall any of that.

Also, maybe "hinted" was the wrong word. Maybe I should have used "seemingly indicated" instead. I don't want to get into semantics, but I thought I would explain myself there.

R_N

Sakurai says that the last 2 Fighters have Official Figurines

Quick count every video game character who has a Figure!
People keep saying this in earnest (you might be just making a joke idk) but it seemed pretty clear to me that this statement was not "i have stored the upcoming unreleased fighters" and mroe a general "i store unreleased fighters in a drawer" with an equally implied "when they have a figure"

It's very possible the next 2 characters have figures but honestly...i see so many people just taking it as hard fact. Which is doubly ridiculous when most characters have them

Ignition

Funky Kong Propaganda
Anyway, I was expecting Lloyd today if any of the Sm4sh Mii Costumes were returning but Monster Hunter was a surprise. Honestly wouldn’t have been surprised if there was a MH character in this Pass so I was expecting it then.

Was a time given for their release or are people assuming it’s around the usual time for these patches?

Mythical-Moonlight

IRL Drizzile
People keep saying this in earnest (you might be just making a joke idk) but it seemed pretty clear to me that this statement was not "i have stored the upcoming unreleased fighters" and mroe a general "i store unreleased fighters in a drawer" with an equally implied "when they have a figure"

It's very possible the next 2 characters have figures but honestly...i see so many people just taking it as hard fact. Which is doubly ridiculous when most characters have them
Lol yeah I was just joking xD

MrJechgo

Sakurai just said that "he hides figures of unreleased fighters in a locked drawer", certainly to avoid spoiling the surprise. He didn't say that the last 2 fighters have figures. Also, the guy seems to have more than one figure for some characters, like for Ryu.

Sorry guys, Crash doesn't have an official figurine, so he can't join.
He actually does, but it's not official, which I don't thinkit's a criteria...

Pokemon Power

OK, I think we'll get one of the final two in the summer, and the other in the fall. Those seem like the most realistic dates we can get.

Mythical-Moonlight

IRL Drizzile
Of the last two packs I'm strongly betting on one of those Fighters being a Pokémon (likely Cinderace). I just find it extremely hard to believe Sakurai's gonna leave out SWSH when he gave FE: 3 Houses a Rep in the form of Byleth

The other fighter is the one I'm most interested in tho. Whoever they are could be anyone's guess and most of the popular options (Such as Geno, Sora, and Monster Hunter) have been deconfirmed.

Whoever it is, one thing I'm sure of, is that I doubt it's gonna Top Steve's reveal lol
That reveal literally broke Twitter lmao

Pokemon Power

Of the last two packs I'm strongly betting on one of those Fighters being a Pokémon (likely Cinderace). I just find it extremely hard to believe Sakurai's gonna leave out SWSH when he gave FE: 3 Houses a Rep in the form of Byleth

The other fighter is the one I'm most interested in tho. Whoever they are could be anyone's guess and most of the popular options (Such as Geno, Sora, and Monster Hunter) have been deconfirmed.

Whoever it is, one thing I'm sure of, is that I doubt it's gonna Top Steve's reveal lol
That reveal literally broke Twitter lmao
I am very hopeful that a Sword and Shield Pokemon will make it in. Just not Cinderace, cause we would have some overrepresentation for Fire-types if that were the case. I think it would either be Rillaboom, Toxtricity or Urshifu.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I am very hopeful that a Sword and Shield Pokemon will make it in. Just not Cinderace, cause we would have some overrepresentation for Fire-types if that were the case. I think it would either be Rillaboom, Toxtricity or Urshifu.
There's gonna be a Pokemon tournament so that's unlikely.