• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

MrJechgo

I hate it when they do this. I'm not into Persona, soccer, or Ghosts & Goblins, but I AM a Smash Completionist...

I have to wait till the next character-powered update, because Nintendon't do digital trials of all software in the US.

My completionist senses are burning in agony...
If I recall correctly, these spirits become available at the shop in the next major patch. I recalled missing the Peachette spirit, only to be available in the patch after it. On a sidenote, if you can rent the games in question, that could work :p

R_N

Oh turns out the girls have a shared codename: element, with pyra specifically being eflame and mythra elight.
Rex's model seems to be diver.

KillerDraco

The Enforcer
Staff member
Super Mod
I hate it when they do this. I'm not into Persona, soccer, or Ghosts & Goblins, but I AM a Smash Completionist...

I have to wait till the next character-powered update, because Nintendon't do digital trials of all software in the US.

Join the club. I had almost, ALMOST considered buying Let's Go Pikachu to get the unique spirit from it, but I'm glad I waited and got it without a $60 price tag attached to it. So while I'm sure these new game-data-based-spirits will eventually be added to the regular pool like all the others... I do wish they were a bit quicker about it.

Auraninja

Try to understand.
If I recall correctly, these spirits become available at the shop in the next major patch. I recalled missing the Peachette spirit, only to be available in the patch after it. On a sidenote, if you can rent the games in question, that could work :p
It wouldn't work for Ghosts & Goblins Resurrected because as far as I know, it's a digital release only, with the saving grace is that it's just $30.

None of those games have to deal with soccer. Persona 5 Strikers is a musou game like Hyrule Warriors.
I also don't think you will necessarily have to wait until the next character.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
It wouldn't work for Ghosts & Goblins Resurrected because as far as I know, it's a digital release only, with the saving grace is that it's just $30.

None of those games have to deal with soccer. Persona 5 Strikers is a musou game like Hyrule Warriors.
I also don't think you will necessarily have to wait until the next character.
Pardon. I see strikers and I think soccer.

EDIT: Pichu is un-nerfed. I'm so happy!

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Sakurai: We cannot bring in Fire Emblem's God-Shattering Star into Smash due to spoilers.
Also Sakurai: Here's Xenoblade Chronicles 2's Acting God. It's basically God-Shattering Star before God-Shattering Star even happened and just as spoilerish!

Pokemon Power

Sakurai: We cannot bring in Fire Emblem's God-Shattering Star into Smash due to spoilers.
Also Sakurai: Here's Xenoblade Chronicles 2's Acting God. It's basically God-Shattering Star before God-Shattering Star even happened and just as spoilerish!
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has been out longer than Fire Emblem Three Houses. Just thought I'd establish that for you.

KillerDraco

The Enforcer
Staff member
Super Mod
The fact Mythra even exists is a huge spoiler in itself.
Eh, that's a pretty low tier spoiler. She appears on some key art for the game too, such as the Steelbook cover, and you find out about her existence within the first 1/3 of the game.

But this is nothing new. Remember when Melee put Ocarina of Time's biggest spoiler that you find out at the very end of the game as Zelda's Down+B?

R_N

I dont think Sakurai ever explained why God Shattering Star wasn't in the game, just that they limited the number of added songs because FE already had a ton of songs in the game (which seems pretty arbitrary to me but whatever)
I really doubt it was due to spoilers when Apex of the World, also a final map theme, was added.

Eh, that's a pretty low tier spoiler. She appears on some key art for the game too, such as the Steelbook cover, and you find out about her existence within the first 1/3 of the game.

But this is nothing new. Remember when Melee put Ocarina of Time's biggest spoiler that you find out at the very end of the game as Zelda's Down+B?
lets not forget everything dealing with Mother 3 in Brawl

Auraninja

Try to understand.
You know, I find it funny that Smash Ultimate and Persona 5 Strikers both now have save bonuses for having the other game.

bobjr

EVERYONE WANTS THE BIG CHAIR MEG
Staff member
Persona 5 Strikers does have save bonuses for having other Persona game's save files, which Switch would not get, so it makes sense.

Persona 5 not being on Switch is still kind of weird.

MrJechgo

Persona 5 Strikers does have save bonuses for having other Persona game's save files, which Switch would not get, so it makes sense.

Sounds more like a Playstation exclusivity deal... because spin-offs have been on other consoles...

That, or Atlus can't get it together to realize that making them exclusive is hurting the series... I mean, they got surprisingly good sales for Persona 4 on PC.

Auraninja

Try to understand.

Oh I know. It's just rare to have a scenario where one game detects the save data of the other game and vice versa (albeit with a patch).

Auraninja

Try to understand.
I forgot to post this, but I completed the Prya/Mythra spirit board a few days ago.

Wow I did not expect two legend spirits! The first one gave me a bit trouble but the second one was a breeze.
Yeah, I've mentioned this prior in the thread I believe, but all of the previous DLC spirit boards have had one legendary spirit and they were all supports. This is the first DLC spirit board that had a legendary primary spirit. However, it still gives you one legendary support spirit and like the previous legendary support spirits from the other spirit boards, the one you get on the Xenoblade 2 spirit board gives you a unique ability (in this case being able to heal at critical health and turn metal).

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So far everyone's loving Pyra & Mythra. For some, they claim it's the first DLC character that makes it feel like they're playing Smash Bros. Melee which I can see considering the character has both great speed with great combo & KO power.

MrJechgo

So far everyone's loving Pyra & Mythra. For some, they claim it's the first DLC character that makes it feel like they're playing Smash Bros. Melee which I can see considering the character has both great speed with great combo & KO power.
Aside from their rather poor recoveries, Pyra and Mythra are pick-up-and-play characters without complicated mechanics...
  • Piranha Plant? Most of its special moves require charging and cannot be spammed.
  • Joker? He has his Persona... and the Rebel Gauge doesn't fill at a normal rate.
  • Hero? he has the mana gauge and a randomized spell list.
  • Banjo & Kazooie? Probably close to a pick-up-and-play character, but they have the limited [and un-spammable] Wonderwing.
  • Terry? He has input commands, a Back Special, a Dodge attack and 2 super moves.
  • Byleth? They don't have complex moves, but they are slow characters.
  • Min Min? Each attack button controls an ARM.
  • Steve? He has the resources, mining and crafting.
  • Sephiroth? Most of his special moves are chargeable... and his sword has a sweetspot in the middle of the blade, not the tip or the hilt.
Aside from switching between the two, Pyra and Mythra have the same normal moves and their special moves serve different purposes without artifice. If you played Zelda and Sheik in Melee and Brawl, you'll be right at home with those ;)