• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Based on what we know about Sora’s English voice contract we know they had to shell out much more money than usual

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Hopefully this means a few of the Disney licensed games other than the ones included with the Disney Classics collection will come to the Online services. Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse is one of the most impressive graphics wise on the SNES,

Ignition

Sinnoh Season
I know absolutely nothing about Kingdom Hearts but my best friend’s been asking for Sora since Sm4sh so it was a good reveal. It’s surreal realizing this game is finally over. Ultimate is definitely in my Top 3 games of all time.

Captain Jigglypuff

When Smash 6 is announced, I’m hoping that several of the Mii Costumes will become full fledged characters or alts. The Octolings would be expected to be Echoes for the Inklings but I want Shantae, Cuphead, Shovel Knight, and Knuckles to be playable. And newcomers I want to see Eggman, Issac from Golden Sun, Django from the Boktai series, Cecil from FF IV, and Dixie Kong.

Pokemon Power

I think the next Smash game will feel like a new beginning for the franchise, since I doubt Mr. Sakurai would want to directly work on it, unless he wanted to be like a mentor to the new director.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Smash 6 will almost assuredly have a reduced cast.
As long as it has Wolf, I’ll be fine

When Smash 6 is announced, I’m hoping that several of the Mii Costumes will become full fledged characters or alts. The Octolings would be expected to be Echoes for the Inklings but I want Shantae, Cuphead, Shovel Knight, and Knuckles to be playable. And newcomers I want to see Eggman, Issac from Golden Sun, Django from the Boktai series, Cecil from FF IV, and Dixie Kong.
Ayyy, fellow Boktai fan!

Captain Jigglypuff

As long as it has Wolf, I’ll be fine

Ayyy, fellow Boktai fan!
I’ve actually never played the games before but I think the concept of using a weapon that uses the power of sunlight is a really cool idea and I want to see how well it’d translate into Smash. I mean we have the Inklings and Hero using randomized Magic options so a solar gun wouldn’t be so out of place.

WalesNote

SORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kind of slightly disappointed that he's based on the kh1 version, but the outfits are cool.
No Roxas or Riku, but oh well. And I guess no assist trophies.
Music selection could have been better. Don't see Ansem's final boss theme in there.

Captain Jigglypuff

SORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kind of slightly disappointed that he's based on the kh1 version, but the outfits are cool.
No Roxas or Riku, but oh well. And I guess no assist trophies.
Music selection could have been better. Don't see Ansem's final boss theme in there.
I’m guessing the music rights belong to Disney. We’re really lucky that we even got Sora with the Mickey Ears keychain in Smash. He’s definitely not coming back to Smash so we should all savor the moment for as long as possible. And all those years since the Smash Ballot were probably hours spent with trying to come up with some sort of agreement that Disney would accept. My guess is that the top three picks worldwide were Sora followed by Banjo-Kazooie (which didn’t have to go through so many stipulations as Microsoft did mention that they would be willing let Banjo in Smash), and Bayonetta. Maybe Ridley. Walt was extremely bitter at losing the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit when he left Universal Pictures and how the very first animated character he created was being used which is why he was extremely protective of Mickey Mouse and his friends. Timeless River Sora is about as Disney as he’ll get in Smash and I’m surprised that was even allowed given Timeless River was used as a way for much older and often forgotten Disney characters to become relevant again and get people interested in their histories.

Oh wow, didn't expect Sora at all since Disney is incredibly difficult to work with. I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game before (but am looking forward on those planned Switch releases). But I know he was the most requested character so I'm really glad for all the fans and look forward to playing as him.

I didn't have any expectations, Pyra and Mythra got added so I got what I wanted and I knew Reimu from Touhou was impossible since it's an indie series (although I hoped for a Mii costume or a spirit). But it was a really fantastic note to end the DLC.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
FF XIV director has openly stated that working with Disney is too bad and that’s why they’ll never have a KH crossover

Mythical-Moonlight

JN give me a Lucario/Cinderace/Inteleon episode!
Hi! I just wanted to come in and say

AAAAAAAA!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SORA!!!! THANK YOU SAKURAI!!!! :D

Captain Jigglypuff

I bet the keychain was far more trouble than getting Sora in.
Oh most definitely.
FF XIV director has openly stated that working with Disney is too bad and that’s why they’ll never have a KH crossover
The anti-drug crossover Cartoon All Stars is another example of how difficult Disney is to work with. Originally Mickey, Donald, and Goofy were supposed to be a part of the special but then they got pulled out and the Duck triplets were the replacements which isn’t quite the same as seeing Bugs and Mickey in the same scene again. Sora in Smash is definitely a once in a lifetime event that deserves celebration. Disney actually allowed an outside party use one of their licensed characters.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Smash 6 will almost assuredly have a reduced cast.

I think it would be very wise for Sakurai and Nintendo to let the fanbase vote again.

Have the players decide the top 36 characters (minus the original 12) to return in the next game. It seems the best way to please the most people.