• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Rakurai

If it's going by the year the character was introduced in now, I guess that means Greninja, Robin, Lucina, and Shulk will probably be in the last group of fighters.

That would make for a more interesting finale then a single Olimar like in Brawl, though I don't think anything will top the enjoyment of beating up the mob of 25 Mr. Game and Watch in Melee for me.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
[spoil]Just as a reminder:

We already know that the ESRB build uses at least two different states of the game, with the Barbara Trophy having significantly fewer total Trophies listed than the others (11 vs 686). The All-Star mode pic shown there is the same as shown here, displaying previously revealed characters only; notice the lack of Mr. Game and Watch and Duck Hunt.[/spoil]

Genos

Legends Arceus
[spoil]Just as a reminder:

We already know that the ESRB build uses at least two different states of the game, with the Barbara Trophy having significantly fewer total Trophies listed than the others (11 vs 686). The All-Star mode pic shown there is the same as shown here, displaying previously revealed characters only; notice the lack of Mr. Game and Watch and Duck Hunt.[/spoil]
Make sense. It's obvious they have gotten an incomplete version. During when the leaks were released, it was said that the 3DS version was on the final stage of debugging. Now that game is undoubtedly gone gold, it has everything now in the retail version.

Sakurai sure gave people a sign of relief.

Last edited:
The inclusion of All Star from the start is a nice feature. The 3DS version is looking pretty good.

Mr. Reloaded

All encompassing
As long as Ridley stays off that rooster, I don't care how it turns out. (I'm not even sure why people consistently request him).
I highly doubt the ESRB leak was the whole thing, but if it is that's fine too I guess.

Born Better

God of Lightning
I thought we established way back last week that that wasn't the full roster. Why are people acting so relieved?

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I thought we established way back last week that that wasn't the full roster. Why are people acting so relieved?

Because the people who originally suggested that weren't the leaker himself, but people who he'd given the photos to and were extrapolating and/or making extra things up.

This doesn't really add that much other than coming from a more official source. It doesn't even 100% confirm we're getting more characters, remember that.

I feel like a lot of these arguments are going in circles.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So no option to continue, huh? That's new for All-Star, guess they're following the Boss Rush from Kid Icarus: Uprising with this, which makes sense. Hopefully that means we'll get more than just 3 healing items, though. Interesting way to present All-Star Mode, though, especially in light of the leak. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how things go in two weeks, then.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So no option to continue, huh? That's new for All-Star, guess they're following the Boss Rush from Kid Icarus: Uprising with this, which makes sense. Hopefully that means we'll get more than just 3 healing items, though. Interesting way to present All-Star Mode, though, especially in light of the leak. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how things go in two weeks, then.

God damnit. I can't tell you how many times I've derped big time with Fox's dash, Jigglypuff's roll, and Ness/Lucas' jumping in Brawl.

R_N

Really they're just following the standard for all stars
You've never been able to continue in Kirby's boss rushes (which is what this is based on)

TheEliteEmpoleon

No continues is going to make it tough to get some of those final smash trophies, assuming that's how they're still obtained. I can't imagine beating it on expert without continues.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I imagine there will be some achievements for completing it at 9.0 Difficulty once since Brawl had it. Would be even more high-stakes and fun if there was an ultimate unlockable for beating All-Star at 9.0 with all the characters, similar to Uprising's reward of 99,999 Hearts for completing all 25 chapters at 9.0.

the number of portraits imply you're doing this in batches of up to 5

And this makes it easier because...?

In these battles, multiple opponents appear in one stage, and you clear the battle by defeating a number of them.

A number of them? Does that mean we can skip on some characters of those batches?

Last edited:

R_N

And this makes it easier because...?
you just complained about 40 stages of it
In these battles, multiple opponents appear in one stage, and you clear the battle by defeating a number of them.

A number of them? Does that mean we can skip on some characters of those batches?
Its probably more literal
defeating a number

not every batch will be 5 (some years just wont have enough)