• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Genos

Legends Arceus
zlCfzSjBr0AXD_nf-0

Pic of the day. Now, what mode is this…?!

Censoring words, such tease!

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
zlCfzSjBrfoYHc9QOu

Japanese pic doesn't censor the words.

It's "Master Side" and "Crazy Side"

But the menu name on the top bar is still censored out.

R_N

So I wonder if these Orders are, like, actual orders
as in, something like a mission mode?

not like an event mode per say, but you do random things for one hand or the other and are rewarded with fabulous prizes (money)

speaking of, I sure hope that money is used in more things than just Classic and the Trophy Shop in the wii u version because those icons scream "make cash here" and only having those things to spend it on

Sable-Xeno

Almighty Idiot
Calling it now: the censored word on the top is "Smash World.", an unused sound file on the 3DS.

It could also say "Special Order", ANOTHER unused sound file, but then both censor bars are the same size, and "Smash World" would best fit that.

Also calling it- when you get on that menu, it announces "Ticket Selection", yet ANOTHER unused sound file.

So, 8-player Smash and Yellow team confirmed?

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I was wondering, do you think that any fighter really stands out above the rest in this game the way Meta Knight did in Brawl? I heard that Little Mac was great, and he may be in a tournament setting, but I've also beaten him fairly easily, especially if I can get him in the air or knock him off a stage. What do you all think?

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
I was wondering, do you think that any fighter really stands out above the rest in this game the way Meta Knight did in Brawl? I heard that Little Mac was great, and he may be in a tournament setting, but I've also beaten him fairly easily, especially if I can get him in the air or knock him off a stage. What do you all think?

Personally, the only person I see as that powerful is Little Mac. If you can't get him into the air, which is difficult enough for some to do, then he's really hard to beat. May just be me, but he's really easy to KO opponents with. As for Meta Knight, he has been trimmed down to that he's not as OP as he was before, so I don't think that tournaments will ban him this time around.

The other character(s) would be the Mii Fighters for sure. It was already notified that they won't be used in online play is the server host does not wish it, and that can only mean that they have more of an advantage with their customizeable attacks. Because of that, I don't think that they will be allowed in legit tournaments either.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
There seems to be a few standout to me

Mac - We all know why. He's not unbeatable but with a quick and powerful foot game, and an almost instant KO attack, he's good on flat Omega stages.
Bowser - Seems like he got beefed, doesn't flinch from weaker attacks and does a lot of Damage while being quick in the Air
Rosalina - Kinda works like the ice climbers. Able to attack with Luma without getting to close
Ganon - He seems to be beefed for all in-game related things, from beating Classic on 9.0 to high scores in the Home Run Contest
Link - Link also got a massive buff, a Fdash A that's actually good and items that come out faster
Yoshi - Seems like him standing upright made a difference, and his egg toss is way easier to control
Shulk - Probably the best newcommer tied with Mac. Mac is way easier to use, but using a combonation of Monado Shield, Buster and Smash, Shulk can rack up damage like Bowser, Tank like Ganon and Smash like Donkey Kong. M-Speed also helps with fast characters like Sheik and ZSS. He also has one of the best ranges in the game
Fox/Falco - The always seem to be pretty good in all the games they are in. Falco seems a little better though with the throw reflector

These seem like the biggest standouts imo

Mr. Reloaded

All encompassing
Bowser, Little Mac, Shulk and Rosalina are probably the biggest stand-outs.
Maybe not Little Mac if the stage isn't in final destination mode because stages hazards and platforms really screw him over.

Recon

One thing I feel with Mac is that he doesn't have much of a learning curve and is easy to master. Like, he's good, but once you figure him out, he's much weaker.

Whereas more technical characters like Rosalina are tricky to use, but if you can master her, she's a monster.

Last edited:

R_N

Calling it now: the censored word on the top is "Smash World.", an unused sound file on the 3DS.

It could also say "Special Order", ANOTHER unused sound file, but then both censor bars are the same size, and "Smash World" would best fit that.

Also calling it- when you get on that menu, it announces "Ticket Selection", yet ANOTHER unused sound file.

So, 8-player Smash and Yellow team confirmed?
Wouldn't "Special Orders" better fit the menu based around selecting order

and why would ticket selection bring up a sound clip for any of that

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I don't know about the absolute standout, but Rosalina, Yoshi & Sheik are definitely superior.. and Diddy is up there too.

Olimar is without a doubt the worst character tho'. D:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
All the arts in the world isn't going to help Shulk's sluggish attack speed. Fair, ftilt, Jab, Air Slash, and Dtilt are the only noteworthy quick attacks, and even the former two still have a load of endlag. Combine that with Fsmash, UpSmash, Uair, Bair, and Dair's despairingly pinpoint width, and Shulk either has to get it right, or not get it at all.

If you can keep pressure on Shulk, you'll beat him.

BeneathTheWaves

Team FroakieMander!
I just bought this game because I loooooove smash bros but omfg not being able to change the controls so I can move with the DPad pisses me offfffff!