1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Kirby, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Sable-Xeno

Sable-Xeno Almighty Idiot

Aw. They don't end the last word as a capital anymore (I. E. Stamina Mega Bunny Back-Shield Reflect Light Slow ANGLED Smash)? Oh well. (but hey, imagine the fun of an 8-player Bunny-Hood Tail Smash. oh, the adorableness of it all.)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

3. Kirby

Kirby ʘ‿ʘ Staff Member Admin

I am so glad I am not the only one who thought this haha...

Oh boy I can't wait to make everyone clear and then end up killing myself because I've lost track of where I am ಠ‿ಠ

4. Nightmare Fuel

Nightmare Fuel Comin' for Ya

What about Metal Bunny Hooded Curry 8-man smash...?
    Oh god, that would last an ice age.

5. Chris

Chris Old Coot

What's there to fix? They're using his Star Fox 64 voice actor. Smash 64 and Melee used his Japanese voice actor, while Brawl used his Star Fox Assault voice actor.

Anyway, can't wait to use the new modes in the Wii U version. Been goofing around with four-way battles on Omega stages with all items on, 300% stamina, 2.0x damage and 99 lives. They're crazy and I love it.

6. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

Making a custom level that consists of nothing but some tiny platforms for the fighters to spawn on and a giant screen-spanning danger zone below would be amusing to use for a Rocket Belt smash.

7. Xionea

Xionea Half a centaur

Finally finished all 105 of the challenges in the game. That feels so good to complete. All that's left that I desire to do is find the rest of the trophies, which is I believe 74 more. We'll see if I can accomplish this before I go buy a WiiU for Smash again (and other games I've really wanted).

8. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Well-Known Member

You should definitely do a lot of Trophy Rush for the challenges, especially if you have a out of coins! Did you use any golden hammers by the way?

9. Xionea

Xionea Half a centaur

I'm not a huge fan of trophy rush, but new trophies are rarely showing up in the shop, so I might have to in order to burn off these coins. I ended up using all 9 of the Golden Hammers since I don't really care about keeping them, and I wanted to get the long/tedious challenges out of the way (like finding all custom moves and powers, smash for 50 hours, streetpass 5 people, etc).

10. tomatohater

tomatohater Golden Sun 4?

I just got SSB4 as an early B-day present, and it is awesome! I really like Clone-Trooper Samus as well as Marth/Lucina and Fox! I have currently unlocked Lucina, Wario and Falco, but I have only had the game for a few minutes :p

11. AuraChannelerChris

Let me put it bluntly.

You do not paste a very bad voice that tries to sound like a 15-year old on a 30-year old.

Also, keep pressing his down taunt. It will grate your ears.

12. Aurath8

Aurath8 Well-Known Member

Haven't really found any use for Monado Shield. It may have its use in running down the clock in a timed match, but I usually play untimed stock with the CPU to get a feel for a character. I usually just do Speed -> Buster -> Smash and use Jump if I'm getting far off the ledge.

Do Rocket Belts have infinite fuel? Cos if they do my dreams of a completely airborne Smash may yet come true.

13. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

Oh, hey Chris!

I thought of a few other things.

With the trophies being in collectable stands, what will happen to the Rayman trophy? Will their be other third party trophies? Will there be more Rayman trophies? Will it not be on a stand?

Also, a comment on Mewtwo.

Intergrating Mewtwo in the game would most likely mean other adaptations, such as the Palutena "codec", Kirby hat, putting him into modes and trophies, etc., so I don't think it's as simple as justing inserting a character.

14. Hero of Truth

Hero of Truth Lillie Fan

You forgot the most interesting thing: now that Mewtwo will be a fighter, I wonder what will happen to his trophy in the 3DS version. If they use DLC to bring in other cut fighters (Lucas, Wolf) then I wonder what will happen to their trophies too, since each cut fighter from Brawl (with the exception of Snake) has a trophy to himself/herself in the 3DS version.

15. AuraChannelerChris

Only Wolf's trophy uses the same model used for Assault, so...maybe they'll just write that one as "Wolf (Assault)".

16. RzK

RzK Meow

The new trophy of playable Mewtwo will probably be known as Mewtwo and the one already in the game will be renamed to Mewtwo (Melee) or something. That's what I think.

17. Shinehollow

Shinehollow Turning that frown all the way down

Good to know.

I finally managed to clear up 9,108 blocks on my sister's 3DS to download Smash.I'm glad I'm not using mine,because that would be hell.It's currently downloading on "Donload later" at my house.Soon...

18. Phsy-Spark

Phsy-Spark The end of the world is postponed a little, folks!

They could just not add a trophy. OR they could take away the trophy from your collection, then remake the description, and boom.

And still on the topic of Mewtwo..

I bet that his artwork will be the same as his trophy. And his final smash will be a Mega.

19. Hexin' Wishes

Hexin' Wishes Diva Extraordinaire

Why are people still worried about his Trophy? That's so minor...

Also, I hope they give us the female Mewtwo from the last movie.

20. Aurath8

Aurath8 Well-Known Member

Mewtwo seems to be a direct response to all those clamouring for him to return, so I imagine they want to keep the feel he had from Melee including his voice.
    Fem!Mewtwo wasn't terribly well-received anyway from what I've seen, so I imagine they'd use his male voice.