• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Rakurai

While Brawl didn't really have any particularly troublesome event matches, I've already run into a number that bring back bad memories from Melee.

The first stand-out is When Lightning Strikes, as the lightning in question is supposed to make it easier to KO the mob of giant Pikachu you're dealing with...except they're so much faster then you that they almost always end up being the ones to get it instead, plus when you do actually manage to get it, it feels like more of a hindrance then a help, as it makes them smaller targets, barely makes them any lighter, and makes them focus on running away from you.

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
While Brawl didn't really have any particularly troublesome event matches, I've already run into a number that bring back bad memories from Melee.

The first stand-out is When Lightning Strikes, as the lightning in question is supposed to make it easier to KO the mob of giant Pikachu you're dealing with...except they're so much faster then you that they almost always end up being the ones to get it instead, plus when you do actually manage to get it, it feels like more of a hindrance then a help, as it makes them smaller targets, barely makes them any lighter, and makes them focus on running away from you.
I was VEEEEERY lucky when they touched the Lightning...and just made my Pikachu even bigger than they were. I finished in exactly half a minute.

My first SSB4 Miiverse post...

woot21

super noob
The Wii Fit Trainer one with Wario. That's going to take a while. The healing Kirby one was annoying as well until I got the pattern of the first 4 or 5 chests down.

woot21 out dawgs

Rakurai

I've come to conclude that the biggest obstacle to the 9.0 with no stocks lost challenge is the inevitable 6-8 player match you're going to be forced into at some point. Even though the AI doesn't seem to specifically make it a note to go after you anymore, it's still way too easy to get KO'd amid the chaos, especially if you're unlucky enough to end up on a small level like Kongo Jungle.

Master Core also seems a bit faster then it was in the 3DS version, which kind threw me off and cost me another stock on my first run with Mega Man. Master Fortress isn't that bad if you take it slow, abuse the fact that the Stalfos can be grabbed unlike the Smash Run versions, and get rid of the Lethiniums ASAP. It's also best to clear out the first wave of enemies near the final core, then stand on the ledge near it and take it out quickly with powerful attacks before the next wave of enemies can trouble you.

As an aside, I was really pleased to see that your partner in the team matches is no longer a total idiot on 9.0 and actually pulls their weight for once.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
The Dedede VS Kirby event was a nightmare to me. While I want to clear everything on Hard, I want the rewards too.

For that one event, the AI on Kirby somehow has an increased penchant to dodge nearly flawlessly while getting close and poke you with a light smack, rendering the reward useless.

Also, I get the feeling the damned AI stall for time on purpose in some events when they're perfectly fine in landing on the stage but WOULD RATHER GRAB THE LEDGE FROM A LOW POINT IN THE AIR AND JUMP BACK TO THE CENTER OF THE STAGE.

EDIT: This board has become...really deserted all of a sudden.

Have fun finding a GCN Controller Adapter because it's almost sold out everywhere.

Oh, here. My "When Lightning Strikes" run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IJs9Is1wIo

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

I still have yet to receive the bundle in the mail. Those challenges are going to be hell, that's for sure. Lots of people are focusing on the games rather than having a discussion.

Dragalge

Custom title: If specified, this will replace the
Have fun finding a GCN Controller Adapter because it's almost sold out everywhere.
Yeah I've been struggling to find the bundle that comes with the adapter and controller plus the adapter itself. At this point I'll probably download Super Smash Bros Wii U via Eshop tomorrow and get the adapter for Christmas. This will allow me to get Alpha Sapphire as well instead of waiting until the holidays.

Rakurai

Surviving the 6-8 player match(es) in Classic is the only thing that's keeping me from getting the no stocks lost challenge done at this point.

It really doesn't help that the AI still has an utterly ridiculous handicap on them in those fights (Jigglypuff nearly KO'd me from the center of the level at 60% with a forward aerial...).

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Yeah I've been struggling to find the bundle that comes with the adapter and controller plus the adapter itself. At this point I'll probably download Super Smash Bros Wii U via Eshop tomorrow and get the adapter for Christmas. This will allow me to get Alpha Sapphire as well instead of waiting until the holidays.
i know what you mean. i planned on getting the adapter and GC controller on friday but they were all reserved. couldn't even find them in other stores. i'm like Wtf?!!

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I don't know what's up with my Gamestop. I ordered my copy of the game which is in a mall, it had a midnight release(they didn't have the controllers or adapters yet) and they told me only a few showed up to get the game. That morning of the release they had 6 GC controllers that I could see displayed and about 15 adapters. The amiibo's were almost out of stock though Marth, Villager, Wi-Fi trainer, Fox, and Donkey Kong were gone, just one Samus left and just a handful of the others.
I went there again yesterday just to kill sometime and saw they still had 4 GC controllers left with a handful of adapters left. I went ahead and got another controller cause I though why not. I thought for sure they would be gone. Of course the amiibos were piratically gone, all they had left was a handful of Mario, Pikachu, Yoshi, and Peach.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Surviving the 6-8 player match(es) in Classic is the only thing that's keeping me from getting the no stocks lost challenge done at this point.

It really doesn't help that the AI still has an utterly ridiculous handicap on them in those fights (Jigglypuff nearly KO'd me from the center of the level at 60% with a forward aerial...).
You could always just go after the single opponents.

razor fire

Collecting all the hats in Sm4sh 3DS has proven harder than imagined. The task is simply too hard and too tedious. So far I've tried my luck with Classic, Target Blast and Smash Run with very few results. I am currently missing 14 hats, and once I've collected them all I will finally have completed the game 100%.

Anyone else bothered by the incredibly low odds when collecting missing items in the game? Also, if you have collected them all, what method did you use? Which method proved the most efficient?

NPC

sleep researcher
Damn, this game is utterly amazing. I thought the release of Smash 3DS would kill all my hype but it's still completely engrossing. Everything looks beautiful and using your Mii is a lot more fun than I thought it'd be.

Rakurai

You could always just go after the single opponents.
I make it a note to do that, but you inevitably get forced to do a 6-8 player match in the third or fifth round where all of the remaining fighters gather together.

Auraninja

Try to understand.
I finally unlocked ROB. I just transported my custom Greninja for the fight. Little did I know that there was a specific requirement for Greninja doing 10 Crazy Orders.

I also found out that an easy Master Order is a great way to get unlockable character rematches. I had to do that more than a couple of times. -_-

woot21

super noob
I finally unlocked ROB. I just transported my custom Greninja for the fight. Little did I know that there was a specific requirement for Greninja doing 10 Crazy Orders.

I also found out that an easy Master Order is a great way to get unlockable character rematches. I had to do that more than a couple of times. -_-
You can also just do a two player Smash.

woot21 out dawgs