• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Tsukuyomi56

Gesshin Powered
Rayman looks to be an unusual addition to the roster, but I am taking it with a grain of salt since the images of his "inclusion" first appeared from a non-offical source.

Also recently obtained Master Core's trophy from the Trophy Shop which leaves me wondering whether you need to beat Master Core at least once to "unlock" the trophy since its name was displayed as question marks on the Challenge Board before I beat the challenge associated with it.

Zachmac

I could of sworn that I remember hearing something about Sakuri would never have any DLC that you would have to pay for these games.
Sakurai said that a long time ago, but apparently it's Nintendo who has the last say in the matter.
Well, that's also not exactly what Sakurai said.
He never said he wouldn't ever add payed DLC, he just said he's worried about the work and criticism that would come with it. As usual, he was sort of vague about it. I interpreted it as "Mewtwo is an experiment, and if he's successful, we'll do more.", but a lot of people interpreted it as "I don't want to make DLC. Too expensive, too risky."

Do I believe this leak....well, maybe, but I'm not entirely convinced yet. I'm going to examine this a little bit more and see what people have to say about it.

Edit: I'm comparing images side-by-side with the Mewtw image from the 50 Fact Extravaganza. The Mewtwo head shot is awfully convincing. I'm thinking this leak is real, but I'm not gonna bet any money yet.

Last edited:

R_N

Well, that's also not exactly what Sakurai said.
He never said he wouldn't ever add payed DLC, he just said he's worried about the work and criticism that would come with it. As usual, he was sort of vague about it. I interpreted it as "Mewtwo is an experiment, and if he's successful, we'll do more.", but a lot of people interpreted it as "I don't want to make DLC. Too expensive, too risky."

Do I believe this leak....well, maybe, but I'm not entirely convinced yet. I'm going to examine this a little bit more and see what people have to say about it.

Edit: I'm comparing images side-by-side. The Mewtwo head shot is awfully convincing. I'm thinking this leak is real, but I'm not gonna bet any money yet.

okay so i actually want to talk about the mewtwo headshot because that damn tail is bugging me and i see no other people mentioning it

5wpXn0U.png

ok so here's the headshot, and we can see his tail by him. The head itself is fine if not very flattering for poor mewtwo, My problem is this: that's the tip of the tail by his head. The bulbous part, with the exact tip just cut off by the border.

480px-Mewtwo_SSB4.png

This is Mewtwo's in-game model as shown in the 50 facts teaser. The tip of his tail is pretty big, is what I'm getting at and it seems bigger than the headshot's render suggests. Or at least wider.

also for reference, mewtwo's generic trophy in smash 3ds
Mewtwo_Trophy_3DS.png

but this is clearly a different model (much longer tail over all) so ehhh

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
But the real question is, will we get Super Smash Bros. Wii U Turbo with added in DLC characters eventually?

R_N

But the real question is, will we get Super Smash Bros. Wii U Turbo with added in DLC characters eventually?

probably not?

Even if we assume Rayman's legit, there's no guarantee there will be more, much less more to justify a dlc collection

e: Aaaaalllso who knows how long the current smash team will even stick together
presumably these namco people need to get on other projects and god knows sakurai sounds like he wants to be done (With everything, forever)

Last edited:

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
No

Well I mean they probably had say on Mega Man, but Namco Bandai was specifically the studio hired on to work on the game

e: Also to be clear the thing was not removed by a copyright flag. The user removed it

Alright, thanks for clearing that up.

Wouldn't having massive amounts of DLC characters take away from the excitement of Smash Bros. 5? If all the characters come out in 4, they wouldn't need to make a 5.

TheDragonKing

King of dragons
Wouldn't having massive amounts of DLC characters take away from the excitement of Smash Bros. 5? If all the characters come out in 4, they wouldn't need to make a 5.

I think Sakurai said he didn't want to make any more Smash games. On the other hand, he says that every time there's another new Smash sooooo . . .

Genos

Legends Arceus

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
I think Sakurai said he didn't want to make any more Smash games. On the other hand, he says that every time there's another new Smash sooooo . . .

I kind of take this as he probably won't develop the new one. Systems eventually get outdated and the new one springs up. And people love to buy Smash Bros.

Well, either on Tuesday all Rayman fans rejoice or tear up.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I kind of take this as he probably won't develop the new one. Systems eventually get outdated and the new one springs up. And people love to buy Smash Bros.

Well, either on Tuesday all Rayman fans rejoice or tear up.

The entire reason he left HAL was because he was sick of making sequels. He left after Air Ride, just so you know.

He also said that Melee was his final Smash Bros game, and was completely blindsided by Iwata at E3 2005 when a Smash Bros for the Revolution was announced, and hadn't even agreed to work on a sequel to Melee until later in the day when Iwata basically told him if he didn't want to be a part of it then they were still going to make it anyway. Same basic thing happened before E3 2011, except Iwata had the decency to ask him in the taxi a month beforehand if he was interested in making a new Smash Bros game, while at the same time also "threatening" him with releasing an HD Wii U port of Melee if he didn't want to.

Capcom is not even taking helm of this. And even if they were, Nintendo wouldn't let them on something that's not Street Fighter.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Capcom is not even taking helm of this. And even if they were, Nintendo wouldn't let them on something that's not Street Fighter.

I think they've done that joke recently with Dead Rising 3's DLC.. Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha Prime

Mr. Reloaded

All encompassing
That's a damn good fake lol.

Ubisoft seems to be hiding something though.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Oh you know, because who doesn't like making fake leaks with video "evidence" alongside it.

I'm very glad this didn't turn into "ESRB leak 2.0" and ended as soon as it did.