• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

R_N

Then again, I wasn't totally supporting the idea. I think it's too much to separate people just because of one character.

I think its also telling that they didnt, like, specify anything. Just hey!! mewtwo's coming on the 15th with mii costumes!!! here's how you can buy/get them!!! and not any

*Limited online use or *Can only be used with other people who bought this

Blazios has the right idea, I think

AuraChannelerChris

"I know what you did last Tuesday."
Serebii has pointed out that Japan got a little early start and has started receiving the Mewtwo codes.

It's a matter of time before we get ours, I guess.

R_N

Serebii has pointed out that Japan got a little early start and has started receiving the Mewtwo codes.

knowing NoA they'll only start sending them out tomorrow and it will be released in bursts, so some people will get them hours possibly days before others

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas

International Date Line anyone? It's officially the 15th in Japan.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So it's official, my school's National Honor Society is hosting a Smash Bros. tournament, and I get to be in charge of it!

Mewtwo has me pretty excited. Now that I think about it, I wonder what my tournament's ruling on Mewtwo should be. Since we're using several club member's Wii Us, there's no ensuring that everyone bought/received it. I guess I'll have to ask around and find out if enough people bought it.

Tsukuyomi56

Artistic Flair
After several playthroughs of Smash Run, I am nearly done with collecting everyone's custom specials with Captain Falcon, Ganondorf and Samus only having one custom special to go. I will likely be purchasing Mewtwo when it gets released to the general public but I will hold off on doing so if I have not collected the last three custom specials by then. Still not going to try clearing Classic on 9.0 Intensity however.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I'd say allow it. Unless they tweak his floatiness or increase his attack heavily, he'll still be a giant slow jigglypuff. That, and unless the tournament isn't for another 3 months I doubt anyone will be able to thoroughly test it out, so everyone'd be on the same "level" when it comes to experience with it.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'd say allow it. Unless they tweak his floatiness or increase his attack heavily, he'll still be a giant slow jigglypuff. That, and unless the tournament isn't for another 3 months I doubt anyone will be able to thoroughly test it out, so everyone'd be on the same "level" when it comes to experience with it.

It won't be for another month or two. I'd want to allow it, but the problem comes in the Wii Us being used in the tournament. We'll have at least three if not four different systems running at once. If one of the systems does not have Mewtwo purchased on it, than people who get randomly assigned to that system wouldn't be able to play as Mewtwo, while ones playing on my system will have the choice. I'll have to survey the people volunteering their systems. If they all plan on buying Mewtwo, then it shouldn't be a problem. If they don't, I'll have to figure it out from there.

Mye

Someone has to win..
You could always just have it set to random for character selection, just to make it "fair".

Erron Black

The Outlaw
It won't be for another month or two. I'd want to allow it, but the problem comes in the Wii Us being used in the tournament. We'll have at least three if not four different systems running at once. If one of the systems does not have Mewtwo purchased on it, than people who get randomly assigned to that system wouldn't be able to play as Mewtwo, while ones playing on my system will have the choice. I'll have to survey the people volunteering their systems. If they all plan on buying Mewtwo, then it shouldn't be a problem. If they don't, I'll have to figure it out from there.

You could always ask the people competing if they want to play as Mewtwo/plan on playing as Mewtwo and assign those who want to play as Mewtwo to the Wii U(s) that have Mewtwo.

I don't think everybody will want to play as Mewtwo, so it shouldn't be a huge problem.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You could always just have it set to random for character selection, just to make it "fair".

I think that might just cause more problems than it solves. I know I would be upset if a tournament told me to use random characters.

You could always ask the people competing if they want to play as Mewtwo/plan on playing as Mewtwo and assign those who want to play as Mewtwo to the Wii U(s) that have Mewtwo.

I don't think everybody will want to play as Mewtwo, so it shouldn't be a huge problem.

That could work. Since we have to make a sign up sheet, we could just put a little check box next to the sign up spot asking if they want to play as Mewtwo. Hopefully everyone will have Mewtwo and it won't matter in the first place.

Zachmac

Patch is up, and like 2 million people all over the internet are claiming they got the Mewtwo codes.

It's time, everyone, and like 12:12 at night for me. Still worth staying up late for, though.

Edit: Mewtwo is now available for those with codes, but I'm still waiting on mine. :(
Edit2: 1:23 in the morning. It's taking forever for my codes to come...I guess it's bed time for me.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Sweet delicious Diddy nerfs. They basically nerfed all of his key normals (Uair, fair, down throw, up throw) in both damage and knockback.

I hope they're enough to make people who only played him for how borderline OP he was drop him.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
I just got the Mewtwo codes, but those codes are not distributed yet. I live in United States.

Djura

99% chance to hit
So someone datamined the latest patch on the 3DS and found some interesting stuff that stood out.

snd_bgm_F27_AIR_MoriStage_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_H12_BW_Sentou_Zekrom_Reshiram_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_SF01_SF2_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_T09_SDX_PupupuLand_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_V01_PAC_PacMan_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_Z80_F_Mewtwo_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_Z81_F_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_Z82_F_Lucas_3DS.nus3bank
snd_bgm_Z83_F_Roy_3DS.nus3bank

Looks like we're getting Roy and Ryu as DLC.

EDIT: It's Street Fighter Ryu. The data and his Street Fighter II theme match up.

Last edited:

Blazios

Mewtwo gets Classic and All-Star Trophies.

It also shows up in All Star with the rest of the Gen 1 Pokémon.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So someone datamined the latest patch on the 3DS and found some interesting stuff that stood out.

Looks like we're getting Roy and Ryu as DLC.

EDIT: It's Street Fighter Ryu. The data and his Street Fighter II theme match up.

I honestly am not believing this. For one, it's just a direct theme, two, the two victory themes are already present, three, seems like it could have been easily faked...

Besides that they have no really great reason to bring Roy back from the dust and he's a largely requested character. I just think this is somebody trying to start something with all the mewtwo hype out there...

Last edited:

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
If that's real, I can't say I'm too excited for Roy, he just doesn't interest me. Ryu's pretty interesting though as I don't think we expected a Third Party to be decided this early, especially if it wasn't Snake. He also shows that newcomers made from scratch are completely possible (which there were some doubts about), so that's interesting.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Mewtwo gets Classic and All-Star Trophies.

It also shows up in All Star with the rest of the Gen 1 Pokémon.
Other inquiries include

Equipment (though he may just have x items, unless it's like Charizard)
Palutena Guidance (If it isn't that hidden one)
Boxing Ring alias