• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I miss PokéFloats. :(

I hear you man. For me, it's the best moving stage in smash with an awesome remix song to boot. Poke floats and fountain of dreams are the stages i would like to return, please on the 3ds ;)

Torpoleon

I don't really mind that PokéFloats hasn't returned. It was a fun stage, but at least the music has returned and is used in Pokémon Stadium 2. That's one of my favorite Pokémon remixes in Smash Bros. Probably second to the XY Trainer Battle remix. If PokéFloats did return, that would be cool though. As long as the music is still used in Stadium 2 as well, I wouldn't mind.

R_N

I hear you man. For me, it's the best moving stage in smash with an awesome remix song to boot. Poke floats and fountain of dreams are the stages i would like to return, please on the 3ds ;)

i doubt the 3ds would be able to handle the FoD's reflections
It'd probably a wii u stage if anything

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Yeah, since i don't have a wii u, i have to hope. Fountain of dreams, same as pokefloats, has an incredibly song, it's a standard battlefieldy stage which is always fun and not gimmmicky as willy's castle or magicant but it's not a platform so you can't kirby or jiggly around beneath the stage. Also, it's gorgeous to look at and i would love to see the HD treatment to it.

Mewtwo is a blast to play but lucas is really where it's at. One of my brawl mains, his PK moves variations and those brutal up and down smashes are so satisfying to hit. Sure his PK fire is not nearly as good as ness but PK freeze is way more threatning as an edge guarding tool because it's way more controllable and PK thunder hits multiple times.

I'm not expecting any new game modes but if they could just improve smash run... Also, bring more music to the 3ds, 1 extra track to all stages.

R_N

I'm not expecting any new game modes but if they could just improve smash run... Also, bring more music to the 3ds, 1 extra track to all stages.

you know its kind of weird that the 3ds version isnt getting a Tourney mode. It's not really a tournament (which is of course an entirely different type of mode) and more like mk7's community feature. Surely the 3ds could handle that, even if it's less options

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

I wouldn't mind if there were variations to the Smash Run area, similar to that of the Adventure Mode in Melee. I wouldn't mind seeing a LoZ Smash Run, a Pokémon Smash Run, and even an F-Zero Smash Run.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
you know its kind of weird that the 3ds version isnt getting a Tourney mode. It's not really a tournament (which is of course an entirely different type of mode) and more like mk7's community feature. Surely the 3ds could handle that, even if it's less options

You know what, yeah, why isn't there a tournament mode planned for the 3ds? Sure smash wii U is the supperior version but as an owner of the 3ds version i feel it should get it too. And your example is great, MK7 can do it, why not this game? I never thought about it but now i really want tourneys for the 3ds version.

I wouldn't mind if there were variations to the Smash Run area, similar to that of the Adventure Mode in Melee. I wouldn't mind seeing a LoZ Smash Run, a Pokémon Smash Run, and even an F-Zero Smash Run.

That would require either narrowing down the enemy tips considerably for each mode or working super hard and get a ton of new enemies in the game. But if they could change the factors and add challenges that would be cool. For example, a pokemon based smash run could be the enemies being only pokemon, the only items you get are pokeballs and masterballs (are pokeballs even in smash run?) and you could only pick a pokemon character. And they could mix things up too, like a hard enemies only mode or a fast enemies mode. I would be like event matches (god i miss those)

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Nah, I don't like the idea of only being able to choose Pokémon characters; makes it seem too much like an event.

Part of the fun of having varied Smash Run areas is the crossover work. I'd love to do a Pokémon Smash Run playing as Mega Man or Villager. It would be even sweeter to do a LoZ Smash Run as Lucario.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Nah, I don't like the idea of only being able to choose Pokémon characters; makes it seem too much like an event.

Part of the fun of having varied Smash Run areas is the crossover work. I'd love to do a Pokémon Smash Run playing as Mega Man or Villager. It would be even sweeter to do a LoZ Smash Run as Lucario.

Yeah, i agree, it would restrict too much. I just want something done to smash run.

Is that what you think goes on? That the 3DS version is intentionally denied features by virtue of being some sort of second-class citizen?

It's not a huge difference but the wii U version has more content (logically of course) and tournaments are planned for the wii U whereas for the 3ds there's nothing. I love smash 3ds, and i know the wii u version, by having obviously more content it's indeed the superior version. I ain't complaining but i would like to have at least tournaments on the 3ds. BUT i guess since there's no denial of tourney for the 3ds, i can't complain.

One thing that i wish they did in smash was add instead of replace. Not every mode but those little fun modes could have stayed. For example break the targets and even the original land the platforms could still be in instead of being replaced. In smash's case, more is indeed better.

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
Yeah, i agree, it would restrict too much. I just want something done to smash run.

It's not a huge difference but the wii U version has more content (logically of course) and tournaments are planned for the wii U whereas for the 3ds there's nothing. I love smash 3ds, and i know the wii u version, by having obviously more content it's indeed the superior version. I ain't complaining but i would like to have at least tournaments on the 3ds. BUT i guess since there's no denial of tourney for the 3ds, i can't complain.

One thing that i wish they did in smash was add instead of replace. Not every mode but those little fun modes could have stayed. For example break the targets and even the original land the platforms could still be in instead of being replaced. In smash's case, more is indeed better.

Smash 3DS is portable, which makes it superior to me. And you shouldn't forget that this game is already huge for a 3DS game. So I can understand they can't add too much stuff, it might collapse under it's own weight. Still, I'd have liked to be able to play tourneys or special smash (like Super Sudden Death & Stamina Mode) as well.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Smash 3DS is portable, which makes it superior to me. And you shouldn't forget that this game is already huge for a 3DS game. So I can understand they can't add too much stuff, it might collapse under it's own weight. Still, I'd have liked to be able to play tourneys or special smash (like Super Sudden Death & Stamina Mode) as well.

I do wish Smash Bros. 3DS had a stamina option.

I still don't understand, with the 3DS having such an amazing touch screen, why Smash Bros. 3DS doesn't have Stage Builder. I mean, if The Sims 3's Build Mode can be fully adapted onto the 3DS, why not the lesser Stage Builder?

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I do wish Smash Bros. 3DS had a stamina option.

I still don't understand, with the 3DS having such an amazing touch screen, why Smash Bros. 3DS doesn't have Stage Builder. I mean, if The Sims 3's Build Mode can be fully adapted onto the 3DS, why not the lesser Stage Builder?

yeah, that's also a mode that would be super fun in the 3ds version, and it could be used at least for fun online on if you must, only with friends. you could share the stages online too.

I miss special battles too, those wacky conditions and the always awesome more fighting game style stamina matches. You can play them, if you're lucky enough on smash run but it would be so much better if you could just hop in whenever you wanted.

R_N

I can kind of understand why they didnt just give 3ds the special smash, the set ups you can do with it are probably super intensive to have going all the time (for example, curry + reflect. They probably could have culled it down a little to make it work.

Stamina makes absolutely no sense not to have on the 3ds version, its even in smash tour so just like???
Preorder the game, Splatoon, at Gamestop to get exclusive splatoon costumes for your Mii!

Edit: https://youtu.be/DBmdEtaqePw?t=1h4m17s

Time stamped and all.

Edit 2: I'm only seeing this offer for the Wii U version (for right now).

Edit 3: On the Official Smash Bros. Website (under DLC)

well at least they arent solely a pre-order bonus, so that's nice

again though it's weird to me that they're selling a hat separately from the outfits. for presumably the same price you can get a hat & outfit (that change based on gender) OR you just get an entirely different hat

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
well at least they arent solely a pre-order bonus, so that's nice
True, though Splatoon looks like a great game to get irregardless.

I haven't noticed this before, but Mewtwo apparently has a better speed ranking than in Melee, being outran by Charizard, and Greninja, but not by Pikachu.

http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Dashing

Edit: Actually, this may be a better rank system.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Running_speed#Running_speed

So maybe not faster than Pikachu

Last edited:

BCVM22

Then... don't think that, because it's-- there's a lot of things wrong with looking at it that way. So avoid that.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord