• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Erron Black

The Outlaw
R_N said it best, Young Link wouldn't be the dream Majora's Mask moveset that everyone wants him to be, he'll still be a derivative. That's what happened with Roy, he is changed, I'm not saying he isn't, but he's not nearly as changed as you're trying to make him out to be. It's not like Roy got a lance instead of a sword, he still contains at his core Marth's moveset and there are moves that are the same or similar. That's probably what Young Link would look forward to in terms of a DLC moveset, slashes and some tweaks, not masks and whatever else.

though i never said that he WOULD get the masks, i was just saying it'd be cool if it were to happen. I wouldn't get my hopes up at all if they revealed him as DLC, I know he'd differ from the other two links, but not to the extremes of completely differing. roy has changed a lot, but the thing is his moves act like Marth/Lucina's. just because they look alike doesn't mean they act alike. roy has his similarities, but it's not enough to make him a clone at all.

e: though lets be real i don't think they'll bother and i'd hope if we get a new zelda character at all it would not be even a semi-clone because man this series deserves SOMEONE new

yeah, and i don't think they'd bother with making a toon character a dlc. if they even decide to bring in a LoZ character it'd most likely be impa as she's been requested a ton and is actually one of the more likely characters that is not an assist.

Last edited:

Genos

ughhhhh summertime
Other than Spear Pillar, there's not more memorable brawl stages left. The Snake stage is unlikely if the character is ever to come back as DLC. Most of them left are forgettable and hated *cough* Electroplankton *cough*

I think Sakurai got all the brawl stages he wanted in this game. And I agree.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
For stages, I'd love to see Pokemon Stadium back. I know Pokemon Stadium 2 is around on the WiiU, but PS1 isn't. But it seems like a fool's hope at this moment.

As for Zelda characters, I kinda liked the suggestion of adding Groose. He isn't a big name or anything, but they can really make him hilarious.

Torpoleon

I'd only like to see a Pokémon stage for the music. There's so many Pokémon songs I want in Smash, such as the PWT Finals music. This is why I'm a little annoyed they went with Peach's Castle 64 instead of Saffron City.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Other than Spear Pillar, there's not more memorable brawl stages left. The Snake stage is unlikely if the character is ever to come back as DLC. Most of them left are forgettable and hated *cough* Electroplankton *cough*

I think Sakurai got all the brawl stages he wanted in this game. And I agree.

What about Frigate Orpheon? We really need more Metroid Prime representation in SSB4 and more music from these series too.

Torpoleon

What about Frigate Orpheon? We really need more Metroid Prime representation in SSB4 and more music from these series too.
I would like that, especially since we'd get more Metroid Prime music. I wish the Space Pirate Battle theme (Prime 1 version) was in Smash.

R_N

I'd only like to see a Pokémon stage for the music. There's so many Pokémon songs I want in Smash, such as the PWT Finals music. This is why I'm a little annoyed they went with Peach's Castle 64 instead of Saffron City.

I really like Peach Castle 64. It's such a unique stage

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I am absolutely in love with the Kirby 64 stage. Not only is it nostalgic (to when people weren't just "competitive" players), I am reunited with Fountain of Dreams track. ♥u♥

Now if only had that group of players who aren't so serious to play against.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I hope they bring back Saffron City. There's never been, imo, a stage like it since, yet we've had very similar Pokémon Stadiums. Honestly not looking forward to the return of Peach's Castle. Imo it doesn't scream Mario and seems more generic. Hyrule Castle return will be cool, but I WANT Saffron City back.

Torpoleon

I really like Peach Castle 64. It's such a unique stage
True, but we already have so many Mario stages compared to only 2 Pokémon stages. Maybe there's still a chance for Saffron City or one of the other older stages to return (probably not Poké Floats because that stage's main music is already on Pokémon Stadium 2 and honestly I like it there).

R_N

True, but we already have so many Mario stages compared to only 2 Pokémon stages. Maybe there's still a chance for Saffron City or one of the other older stages to return (probably not Poké Floats because that stage's main music is already on Pokémon Stadium 2 and honestly I like it there).

unless tpc/gamefreak just arbitrarily decides "no"

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Looking to actually get some games in.

Aurath8

Rather annoyed that my internet is too slow for For Glory. Everything runs smoothly, but I have about 0.4 seconds of input lag. I'm essentially playing 25 frames behind the opponent, and through a bit of testing I know they tend not to feel the same lag. It's a miracle I can get anything done really. It's a shame since lvl 9s are fun, but actual players are much more creative, unpredictable and learn combos.

I'm seriously worried for my boy, Roy though. His incredibly quick sweetspotted uncharged Fsmash kills lighter characters at ~40% and has ridiculous kill and combo potential overall. Something's gonna get nerfed soon, but he feels so fun to play with right now.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Rather annoyed that my internet is too slow for For Glory. Everything runs smoothly, but I have about 0.4 seconds of input lag. I'm essentially playing 25 frames behind the opponent, and through a bit of testing I know they tend not to feel the same lag. It's a miracle I can get anything done really. It's a shame since lvl 9s are fun, but actual players are much more creative, unpredictable and learn combos.

I'm seriously worried for my boy, Roy though. His incredibly quick sweetspotted uncharged Fsmash kills lighter characters at ~40% and has ridiculous kill and combo potential overall. Something's gonna get nerfed soon, but he feels so fun to play with right now.

I know that feel. I actually got bored and started messing around in for glory on the 3ds and somehow ran into room with all great players https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbO6uzJz-U4

I wish there was match making so i could have more matches like that

Torpoleon

unless tpc/gamefreak just arbitrarily decides "no"
That's true. Hopefully they don't, but it wouldn't surprise me if they do.

R_N

Sakurai: The employees from Namco were surprised and overjoyed when they were notified of Pac-man’s inclusion. “I can’t believe you made Pac-man look this good!” they said.

Interviewer: Wait, so you didn’t include him just because of the Namco connection?

Sakurai: Pac-man’s design was updated in a 2013 CGI cartoon titled, “Pac-man and the Ghostly Adventures.” This new design has been used in a variety of products. But in the end I felt that his old-school design was better, and used that in the design plan. If that was rejected, I thought about dropping Pac-man altogether.

sakurai is good people https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/06/26/800/#more-800