• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Recon

Like I said, the DLC for Smash is just too much. It only makes sense to release a ''full edition'', and it will be a missed chance to not have one.

The only sense it would make is if it was for a cash grab. Last I checked, unless there's a significant improvement that can be made with releasing a new version of the game, there won't be a GOTY edition.

The only case where I could see one happening is if the NX isn't backwards compatible, and that is assuming that it's the Wii U's successor and not another thing entirely.

MDS777

The name's Riley
Tourney mode was a big disappointment, IMO. I was especially looking forward to playing locally with friends myself, and it just so happens to be Online only.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I noticed when you upload the Miis displayed on the DLC page via QR codes, you get Sample XX where XX is a number. I compiled a list to differentiate the characters with numbers. It's not hard for the most part, but it can come in handy, maybe.

01. Link
02. Megaman X
03. Protoman
04. Dunban
05. Akira
06. Jacky
07. Zero
08. Megaman.exe
09. Inkling Boy
10. Inkling Girl
11. Lloyd
12. Chrom
13. Samus

I also have a dozen challenges left on the Wii U version. Half of them yield trophies.

Zachmac

The only things I grabbed from this were the Chrom and Black Knight costumes.
I've never played Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn, but I do intend to one day, and the Black Knight armor just looks really cool. Well, cool as far as miis are concerned.

R_N

I've never played Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn, but I do intend to one day, and the Black Knight armor just looks really cool. Well, cool as far as miis are concerned.

um chrom mii is very cool
tumblr_nsc0tlVGbF1r0vexjo1_500.png

Rakurai

I feel sorry for Samus.

Pretty much all of the other generally considered low tier characters have been getting buffs galore, but she's only gotten fixes so far (Namely, making up smash actually connect properly).

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan

IKR? I played radiant dawn and i think i never passed the black knight level because i couldn't (kids right?). black knight was always intimidating for me and it's so far the only costume i'm considering buying. As for the stages, after a closer look at hyrule castle, i think i changed my mind. Peach's castle 64 is too small and there's little space to fight on but hyrule castle is really big and it looks pretty interesting. Also thinking of buying it.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So I just got around to buying both stages. I must say, I like them both quite a bit. I didn't start playing Smash Bros. until Brawl, so I've never played on these stages before. The layout of both stages are very unique compared to modern stages, making for an interesting battle experience. As far as aesthetics go, I find it a little odd that you fight on top of Princess Peach's castle, and yet you can also see Princess Peach castle below you in the background. Why does she have two castles? Also, why is there bumper on the top? I thought that it was just an item in all the images. It seems a little out of place. On the same trend of thought, why are there tornadoes on Hyrule Castle? Tornadoes may appear from time to time in Zelda titles, but they're far from a common enough feature to include there. Finally, I wish they worked a little more to update the art/graphics of the stages, I know they come from the Nintendo 64, but that doesn't mean they have to look like it. I think it would have been much more interesting if they completely remade the visuals to be up to par with modern art and graphics.

R_N

So I just got around to buying both stages. I must say, I like them both quite a bit. I didn't start playing Smash Bros. until Brawl, so I've never played on these stages before. The layout of both stages are very unique compared to modern stages, making for an interesting battle experience. As far as aesthetics go, I find it a little odd that you fight on top of Princess Peach's castle, and yet you can also see Princess Peach castle below you in the background. Why does she have two castles? Also, why is there bumper on the top? I thought that it was just an item in all the images. It seems a little out of place. On the same trend of thought, why are there tornadoes on Hyrule Castle? Tornadoes may appear from time to time in Zelda titles, but they're far from a common enough feature to include there. Finally, I wish they worked a little more to update the art/graphics of the stages, I know they come from the Nintendo 64, but that doesn't mean they have to look like it. I think it would have been much more interesting if they completely remade the visuals to be up to par with modern art and graphics.

64's stages were generally more ...weird, or abstracted.
Peach's Castle only featuring the castle in the background, Saffron City took place on top of the city but resembled nothing and had the pokemon box, Hyrule Castle has a tornado, Zebes didnt really resemble anything and had rising acid, etc

I agree it would have been interesting if they got a complete update, but I can see the charm in returning to these stages after so long and see them...mostly...keep the aesthetics in tact. Even if the now-giant and cleaned up skyboxes kind of stand out

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
it's not as if Smash has ever been averse to playing with its source material

that said, I would have liked to see some form of graphical update, if for no other reason than to be consistent with the other returning stages

R_N

it's not as if Smash has ever been averse to playing with its source material

that said, I would have liked to see some form of graphical update, if for no other reason than to be consistent with the other returning stages

it was graphically updated, sort of
HCastleSSB.gif
300px-SSBUHyruleCastle64.PNG

well they did spruce up the textures and colors when they remade them

same with dreamland, obviously, it just hid it better because it wasnt as polygonal

they should have a Polygon-style costume for all the fighters

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Robin's Dthrow got its knockback and knockback growth lowered so heavily that he can combo it into moves at pretty much any percent below and above 40-55%. Dthrow -> Uair KO is also guaranteed on every character at a specific percent, and is a frame trap to anyone that double jumps after their respective percent and airdodges below that percent.

Robin also got frame advantage on Elthunder and Arcthunder, allowing him to act quicker after he fires the shot. The reduction is so big that Robin can combo an Arcthunder thrown pointblank into literally every single move in Robin's moveset. That includes his Fsmash, Nosferatu, and Arcfire.

Basically, if Robin Arcthunders right at you at 85%, your stock should be gone, no questions asked.

Damn, Robin won big here. That was one potent Master Seal.

R_N

Pit got a small hitbox alteration to his jab's finisher and Dark Pit didnt

look out world, Dark Pit's decostumingcloning on the subatomic level

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
apparently spot dodges and rolls lost an invincibility frame globally

that's nice, but nerfing shields would be nicer

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I don't think Sheilds need too much of nerf, but making a shielded attack still do like 15% of the damage would be cool. I would stop those annoying plays who just wait for you to jump in, shield your attack and then repeat

Aurath8

apparently spot dodges and rolls lost an invincibility frame globally

that's nice, but nerfing shields would be nicer

Nice. It seems they realise that all the rollspammers in For Glory need to leave. It'd be nice for a couple more frames to be knocked off, as iirc this still makes for a grand total of 3 vulnerable frames in every roll.
As for shields, well for me the biggest problems are shieldstun and shield regeneration. They're both too fast. More shieldstun makes approaching a lot easier as so view characters have moves that are safe on shield atm. Shield regen is just to stop the awkward problem that exists now where shields seem easier to break, but the shield itself heals to full after 3 seconds. I shouldn't be able to shield a fully charged Fsmash and have the whole shield back so quickly. It could make managing Shield integrity an important part of the game.

Also I feel like Meta Knight has been severely underrated in this game. It seems after confirming that indeed he was severely nerfed after Brawl people have forgotten about him. I gave him another go today and he felt surprisingly good.
His sword is quite short and Meta Knight's lack of kill power is even more pronounced here. Fsmash is still quite good but the startup lag is still horrific. As a result pretty much all of his kills will come through edgeguards or by catching people off-guard with his Up-B as they make it back to the stage.
That said I think he has a strong neutral game as he still has a sword and fast aerials and Tilts. FThrow and DThrow combo into just about any aerial and many attacks give opportunities against opponents who miss their techs. And he is still great at edgeguarding.

Ultimately I think his success really depends on the matchup, particularly the opponent's recovery. King Dedede is a nightmare as while MK can combo to kingdom come Dedede is just too heavy as has such a huge recovery. Meanwhile Dedede's hammer can outrange MK. Compare with Ryu, where his recovery is so exploitable it's almost not funny.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Mr. Reloaded

All encompassing
Doesn't look like Luigi and Rosalina were touched at all.. That's really stupid (especially for Luigi).

Also happy Birthday Sakurai!