• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Burakoru

Belly Slide
Doesn't look like Luigi and Rosalina were touched at all.. That's really stupid (especially for Luigi).

Also happy Birthday Sakurai!

Luigi was touched; I believe his down-tilt now has less range, IIRC.

Edit: His front-air also does slightly less damage, and it takes longer for him to do other things after doing a fireball attack.

Mr. Reloaded

All encompassing
Oh really? So just a couple of minor things then. Cool.
Never really noticed any increased lag with the fireballs.

R_N

Oh really? So just a couple of minor things then. Cool.
Never really noticed any increased lag with the fireballs.

from smash wiki's listings, gathering verified stuff from smashboards & reddit (http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_updates_(SSB4)/1.1.0_changelog)

Forward aerial damage decreased (9% → 8%).
Fireball's ending lag is increased (total: 40 → 43 frames).
Fiery Jump Punch (custom 2) knockback growth increased (40 → 50).
Super Jump Punch's default grounded hitbox size increased (1.7u → 2.2u).
Super Jump Punch's default aerial hitbox size increased (2.2u → 2.7u).
Down tilt's angle altered from 74° to the Sakurai angle.
Down tilt's knockback growth increased (54 → 65).
Down tilt's ending lag is decreased (29 → 26).

Aurath8

Can someone explain to me why Sonic is considered good? In several different tier lists I see him hanging about in A tier, but I'd struggle to be worse at playing any other character in this game. Having the fastest dash is certainly useful, but Dash attack doesn't kill terribly well, and neither do throws tbh, except a Bthrow the stage edge I suppose.

On a related note, I discovered why Luigi is awesome. DThrow combos into everything, including a sweetspotted UpB, and carries on doing so on most characters past mid-percents. A grab might as well be a death sentence above 78% or so.

Last edited:

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
Can someone explain to me why Sonic is considered good? In several different tier lists I see him hanging about in A tier, but I'd struggle to be worse at playing any other character in this game. Having the fastest dash is certainly useful, but Dash attack doesn't kill terribly well, and neither do throws tbh, except a Bthrow the stage edge I suppose.

On a related note, I discovered why Luigi is awesome. DThrow combos into everything, including a sweetspotted UpB, and carries on doing so on most characters past mid-percents. A grab might as well be a death sentence above 78% or so.

Some of the Sonics I've played have Spin Dashed into an UpAir.It's a somewhat reliable tactic if you don't spam it.Gets predictable enough to dodge.

Rakurai

Welp, I think I'm done with tournament mode for now.

I'm rather annoyed after I ended up losing by decision to a typical For Glory projectile spamming Link despite him having 100% more damage then me when the match ended due to the idiotic system of only considering player activity. He spent his entire first stock actively trying to stay away from me, retreating to the opposite ends of the stage to spam neutral B and side B, but after he got KO'd, he realized that wasn't working very well and took a more direct, but still ineffective approach by brainlessly throwing out random smash attacks he expected me to walk into.

The system basically favor campy characters like Olimar and Rosalina, because every safe attack they make is increasing their chance of winning by decision, whereas characters like heavies who need to make their attacks count and can't be throwing moves out constantly are at a distinct disadvantage.

Aurath8

Some of the Sonics I've played have Spin Dashed into an UpAir.It's a somewhat reliable tactic if you don't spam it.Gets predictable enough to dodge.

But that tactic can be dealt with a timely shield or dodge. Uair isn't a fantastic kill move either, unless you follow the opponent using Sonic's spring and go for another Uair. I'm still struggling to see how someone with so few tools can be considered so good (and why I'm still so utterly terrible at him).

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
But that tactic can be dealt with a timely shield or dodge. Uair isn't a fantastic kill move either, unless you follow the opponent using Sonic's spring and go for another Uair. I'm still struggling to see how someone with so few tools can be considered so good (and why I'm still so utterly terrible at him).

It's less of the tools and rather more of who uses them. Any character can be a force to be reckoned with if used in just the right manner. Recognize that character's flourishes and faults, and you will be much harder to stop! But what do I know? I'm still so much of a novice...

Anywho, I've had some instances where every single player on For Fun will single me out for no reason. Players will idle doing nothing or dodging until I actually try to PLAY the darn game and fight. That's when it gets messed up. The guilty ones will just wait until I'm nearby and just downright combo me until someone gets a KO, which I feel is really messed up...I just feel like: Really...? Anyone else have things like that happen?

On a side note, do folks around these parts still play together? I do would like to have some fun online matches apart from the norm someday. I am ok with any sort of settings.

Last edited:

fhqwhgads

Anywho, I've had some instances where every single player on For Fun will single me out for no reason. Players will idle doing nothing or dodging until I actually try to PLAY the darn game and fight. That's when it gets messed up. The guilty ones will just wait until I'm nearby and just downright combo me until someone gets a KO, which I feel is really messed up...I just feel like: Really...? Anyone else have things like that happen?
You should leave FFA, it's awful unless it's couch-play.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You should leave FFA, it's awful unless it's couch-play.

It's called For Fun mode because it's meant to be fun (just saying...).

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It's called For Fun mode because it's meant to be fun (just saying...).
For fun mode sucks on the 3ds version because of the tremendous lag. I can't really say anything on the Wii U version of it though.

For Glory on the 3ds is actually more fun than For Fun on said system, but battling friends is more fun that either.

Tangeh

I haven't run into one of these since Brawl. It's a taunt match - the unwritten rules of taunt matches is you just kinda hang out and do your own thing / taunt / whatever, and if one person doesn't follow along you gang up on them. I loved the occasional taunt match in brawl, very fun to work together to take out some innocent person that didn't know what was happening. xD But if you're a serious player I guess it'd be annoying. There just aren't many serious/good players on for fun, mostly just people that like being annoying like me ~

I've had no problems with for fun on Wii U after my internet was fixed. If it lags it's usually due to one person. I can't speak for the 3DS but on Wii U if it's lagging every time you play, your internet is probably the problem.

Midnite♪

Distant Stargazer
So... just a little nitpick, but am I the only one bothered by how nearly every song on Hyrule Castle 64 is just a variation of the Zelda main theme? I guess I'm probably a bit bummed because I was hoping for Molgera Battle and ALttP's Hyrule Castle theme, but at the very least I would've liked some variety in the music selection, especially with the amazing selection Dream Land has in comparison. :/

So... just a little nitpick, but am I the only one bothered by how nearly every song on Hyrule Castle 64 is just a variation of the Zelda main theme? I guess I'm probably a bit bummed because I was hoping for Molgera Battle and ALttP's Hyrule Castle theme, but at the very least I would've liked some variety in the music selection, especially with the amazing selection Dream Land has in comparison. :/

They're most likely going to release the Pirate Ship stage.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

I don't really mind since it's such a catchy theme. Not to mention, I love the new remix. It is funny to think about how many variations of the Zelda theme/Hyrule Field theme are in that game though.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

I have to agree, Dream Land and even Peach's Castle had a nice variety of music to them, so just using field themes plus a couple more is pretty disappointing.

Also, I agree about the Hyrule Castle theme. It's pretty baffling that it's still missing considering it fit perfectly with the stage and is a classic theme from the franchise that's been used many times in its life.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Is it just me or falco got better with the patch? The Nair seems to interrupt a lot of attacks and he spaces the blaster shots so perfectly. Any falco players noticed any buff?