• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Question, how does the Youtube replay thing work?

Question, how does the Youtube replay thing work?

You save a replay that's less than 3 minutes.

You go to the Replay menu and sent it to your Youtube account while the Wii U is logged in through the Goggle account connected to Youtube.

You wait for it to upload while leaving the console on standby.

By the way, the 720 definition video won't be 60fps.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Thanks you two.

woot21

super noob
Already did one from for glory, and forgot to save the one I wanted to where I no-deathed an Ike with Jiggs and about 50%. The uploads take a while.

woot21 out dawgs

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
Look, the ballot isn't closed yet, so you should put that rule into effect after it closes and Nintendo announces the results. At this point of time, nobody really knows who is the lead with the most votes. Only Nintendo and the Smash team know. So, please, don't make rushed movements based on rushed predictions. I for one don't believe K. Rool is the lead. Why? Because not every Smash player is a member in a forum or Smashboards to know what he/she voted.

Right now, every user has every right to speculate on the moveset of a hypothetically possible newcomer, no matter who that is, and that's only fair. So please, remove that rule from effect for now.

Who says that characters like Sceptile don't have a chance? Heck, with what Sakurai has showed us over the years, and with the ballot still active, anything can happen. And this post isn't written by a Sceptile supporter, just generally speaking.

I'm late in replying to this due to vacation but since no mod actually replied to this I figured I'd give an official response. Firstly, the staff here decide when and what rules are put into place and the decision is final. Secondly, this isn't the only area of these forums that ban speculation discussion, it's for a good reason.

Lastly, I highly suggest never telling anyone, especially a staff member, what to do. Should you have a problem with something someone says, message a staff member. You're not a mod here so you have no say whatsoever. Should you have any further replies by all means message me but do not post in this topic. This goes for everyone as I don't want anymore spam here. I've shut this topic down in the past and won't hesitate to do so again.

Aurath8

Down throw into a forward air works well at low percents, at higher ones, dash attack into down air would work.

Not confident on that second one, mainly because dash attack isn't the safest option for Fox. Plus at high percents you could probably dash -> UpSmash to try for a kill. iirc Fox's Usmash is still good in this game, and is relatively difficult to punish unless you spotdodge.

If anyone can tell me the secret behind Meta Knight's Uair -> Uair -> Uair -> UpB strings I'd like to know. Currently I'm finding the timings for the jumps and Uairs and following DI really difficult. Either I accidently Bair/Fair, the Uairs whiff as their damage is too high or something. It'd be great if I could do it consistently as it means my Meta Knight can take stocks about 50% earlier.

Also rapidly losing faith in for glory. Met a Little Mac whose sole strategy was to FSmash across the stage abusing his super armour. I lost a stock occasionally to lag but 4 whole matches passed without a single change in strategy. Makes me wish "spamming" was amongst the criteria that could get you banned.

Mr. Reloaded

All encompassing
At least really bad Little Macs aren't campy as hell Villager and Pac-Man mains.

woot21

super noob
So, I made a thing for us. It's a tournament I'm planning and want feed back from you guys on how to run it, since it will be for all of us and I want as many people as possible to enjoy it.

woot21 out dawgs

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Whoever plays against CPUs, who do you think is the most annoying character you've faced that is controlled by a CPU?

For me it's falco, luigi and little mac. I've already mentioned mac's almost every move's super armor and if you don't have a landing option you are forced to the ledge. Now as for falco, his shot's are annoying because they stun, the shield makes you trip and hit air game improved so it's now even better in the air. And luigi loves to spam the tornado and abuse the throw combos which is bad but without any long range game is not nearly as bad as falco, that freaking chicken... >:c

0bss1d1ankn1ght

Lost in the Internet
Whoever plays against CPUs, who do you think is the most annoying character you've faced that is controlled by a CPU?

For me it's falco, luigi and little mac. I've already mentioned mac's almost every move's super armor and if you don't have a landing option you are forced to the ledge. Now as for falco, his shot's are annoying because they stun, the shield makes you trip and hit air game improved so it's now even better in the air. And luigi loves to spam the tornado and abuse the throw combos which is bad but without any long range game is not nearly as bad as falco, that freaking chicken... >:c

Literally all Fire Emblem characters, save Ike, or character with a counter move at lvl 9 AI. They're literally impossible to land a hit on, they either keep rolling from my attack, guard my attack, or counter my attack. They turn me into a salt factory.

And as for Fox combos, I like using Dthrow>Utilt>Reflector for some reason.

Last edited:

Level nines are irritating, but the one that takes the cake for me is Diddy Kong. He's so grab happy.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
I may have been absent on the whole series, but after watching the entirety of The Smash Bros Documentary, I feel like there is something missing that has not answered my question in relation between the game developers and the hardcore Smash Melee Community.

Has Nintendo and Masahiro Sakurai apologized to all of the Competitive Smash Melee players? I mean, I understand a bit on the outdated factor of Nintendo at the time when it comes to competitive gaming because of fearing competitive players. But, all in all, is Nintendo actually scared of bringing back ALL of the gameplay mechanics that Melee has?

I know it's like a social science question, but all I know so far is that as of now, Nintendo is trying to support online and competitive gaming this time.

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
I may have been absent on the whole series, but after watching the entirety of The Smash Bros Documentary, I feel like there is something missing that has not answered my question in relation between the game developers and the hardcore Smash Melee Community.

Has Nintendo and Masahiro Sakurai apologized to all of the Competitive Smash Melee players? I mean, I understand a bit on the outdated factor of Nintendo at the time when it comes to competitive gaming because of fearing competitive players. But, all in all, is Nintendo actually scared of bringing back ALL of the gameplay mechanics that Melee has?

I know it's like a social science question, but all I know so far is that as of now, Nintendo is trying to support online and competitive gaming this time.

They did. Smash4 is actually a lot faster paced than Brawl and allows a better competetive scene. It's no Melee, that's true. But the difference between a good player in Melee and a casual is too big (according to Nintendo, at least). People that only play it for fun are annihilated by those that play it "for glory". While it's not a strange thing that a experienced player beats the novice, the difference in Melee is huge. This makes the game less fun to get into for people that don't play it a lot. They'll stand no chance in Melee, whereas in Smash4 they have a very small chance.

Also, I don't see why Sakurai should apologise? I haven't seen this docu, so maybe it gives some reason. However, as far as I see it, Brawl was developed to make the game more approachable for a bigger audience. In this, they made it maybe too easy. However, that's nothing to apologise for. It's like Samsung having to apologise that the features on their new TV are not the same as on the old ones. Well, of course they are not. They don't have to apologise to those that do not like the new features, since others do like it.

Finally, I think that bringing back gameplay mechanics for Melee is dangerous. Most of them are advanced moves that grant players a huge advantage compared to others that do not know them. Whereas it's nice that Nintendo is trying to please the competitive scene, it's not their main audience. So it's more a question of marketing than any social science. It's not profitable to create a game that's hard to learn. The model of "Easy to learn, hard to master" is what Nintendo tries. Melee is just to hard to learn at the start.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm sure I'm late, but I just realized Ryu has two Final Smashes.

Could this be a possible foreshadowing? Could we expect to see all characters with more thsn one Final Smash in future games, or is this merely representative of Strset Fighter characters having two Super moves?

is this merely representative of Strset Fighter characters having two Super moves?

This question is the answer.

It's not that it matters much since Final Smashes are just added cherries on top for item play.