• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
You just know he'll get his crossdress alt. and be compelled to use it though.

TheGreaterLucario

Well the game can't be forever supported. Sakurai said he and his team Bandai Namco will eventually part ways (I'm guessing for now if Sakurai brings them back for a potential Smash 5).

If that's the case, I still think Bamco is REALLY missing an opportunity to have a character from one of their most widely-known series, the Tales of series, appear in Smash. .....And I DON'T mean as a Mii costume! I'm sorry, I still think the Lloyd Irving Mii costume was solely to get people to stop pressing for a Tales of DLC character, which ironically only ended up making them press for one even more.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Savvao's sig is my first time seeing Sm4sh Cloud, and he's ugly. I wasn't expecting PS4 Dissidia Cloud model, but he looks worse than KHII Cloud.

If Tales is the IP they represent on Sm4sh as one of the last DLC pieces of the game ever rather than Tekken, that would be disastrous.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Ryu and Cloud required only one company's okay each. Goku requires at least two, plus one person's. They need Akira Toriyama's okay, plus Toei Animation's and Funimation's. Maybe also Shonen Jump's. That is a lot of legal work for one non-video game character. Now if they went for Goku from Dragon Power, the classic 1986 NES game, that might work.

woot21 out dawgs

The Dragon Power Goku is actually what I really wanted but with current Goku's look and the Spirit Bomb as the Final Smash. It's funny how literally everyone who criticized me for wanting Goku never notice that I have always said Goku should NOT become a Super Saiyen in Smash.

BCVM22

I think it's fair to say that clarifying that you've never advocated the use of Super Saiyan as a Final Smash doesn't help the idea any.

Hexin' Wishes

Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, the only thing this announcement made me realize is how little I care about this game.

In saying that, unlike the other DLC characters that aren't Mewtwo, I may actually get this one because it's at least an interesting choice.

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
I just had to rant. On another site people kept calling me "dumb" for wanting Ryu and Cloud in Smash along with Goku.

I don't get this. You state that you have to rant here because on another site people were insulting you. What do you hope to achieve by stating this here?

The most likely thing is that people will also object to the suggestion of Goku, since he's not a very likely character. Especially since this is a forum of Nintendo games, not anime. It makes more sense if people support non-anime characters, which you can also see if you read more about this topic. In other words, I don't think that this is a place where you'll find support, not to mention comfort for the fact that people called you dumb, since people here will be more likely to incline with the idea that Goku is a bad suggestion.

That being said, I'd love to see Darth Vader in Smash. Gonna happen? Probably a second Big Bang is more likely, but hey. Everyone gotta dream.

I don't care about Cloud's other alt colors because I'm going to use the Advent Children look. I'm amazed they actually put that costume in.

Even the hair model gets changed to match the AC look.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Hi!

Please stop talking about Goku.

Thanks!

I wonder if that new stage will be playable without hazzards when items are off, it gives us a cooler battlefield

Do you guys think we'll get more dlc characters in december?

Do you guys think we'll get more dlc characters in december?

There's absolutely no way this won't happen. What else could they say that's so big to announce in December (besides saying "we're done with this DLC thing")?

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
There's absolutely no way this won't happen. What else could they say that's so big to announce in December (besides saying "we're done with this DLC thing")?

"We're releasing DLC forever."

I hope they show the results for the smash ballot though.

R_N

"We're releasing DLC forever."

I hope they show the results for the smash ballot though.

I kind of highly doubt they'll do that. Especially since chances are the ballot characters (which imo almost certainly includes Cloud) probably are not explicitly the top most ranked ones
kind of hard to curb something like "Well, <character> was #1 with a bullet but i thought #3 was cooler so"

The Master Chief

A.K.A Tythaeus
If they don't show the results of the ballot next month, then I would assume that, if they even show it at all, it would be when they're finished with the DLC characters that were determined by the ballot. I am very curious about the results tho.

Joltik-Kid

Simply Fantastic ಠ_ಠ
Not gonna lie... Cloud vs Link must now happen to end that horrible Death Battle misconception

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Not gonna lie... Cloud vs Link must now happen to end that horrible Death Battle misconception

What misconception? Link would beat Cloud in any fight! :p

Houka

It really end in the same way really, link's quiet smart Cloud is umm hard to say as for IQ. He good with a buster sword and all but may not be that good in tactically fighting. I do say may, due to FF series and ya can win by pure power alone but with some strategies at times. All of Link bosses require some kind of trick to them and solve the numerous dungeons. Now he not stronger then Cloud but I can see why they think Link would win, In the End Death battle is just a fun distraction and you shouldn't take it too seriously (Just like Mat pat). Death battle only exist the shut the fans up about certain battles though that rarely works.

I already voice my dislike toward cloud already. Not sure why he's so popular, he kinda boring (Along with Sephy) almost anyone else in the game is better then him. That just my grip I guess, so many people like his blandness so who to I to judge.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think Neku from The World Ends With You should be in Smash. He is from a DS game and was in KH Dream Drop Distance and could use the Noise for his attacks. His Final Smash could even use his partners from his game.

Joltik-Kid

Simply Fantastic ಠ_ಠ
I already voice my dislike toward cloud already. Not sure why he's so popular, he kinda boring (Along with Sephy) almost anyone else in the game is better then him. That just my grip I guess, so many people like his blandness so who to I to judge.
Not gonna lie... you can say that for any main character and villain.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas

What misconception? Link would beat Cloud in any fight! :p

It really end in the same way really, link's quiet smart Cloud is umm hard to say as for IQ. He good with a buster sword and all but may not be that good in tactically fighting. I do say may, due to FF series and ya can win by pure power alone but with some strategies at times. All of Link bosses require some kind of trick to them and solve the numerous dungeons. Now he not stronger then Cloud but I can see why they think Link would win, In the End Death battle is just a fun distraction and you shouldn't take it too seriously (Just like Mat pat). Death battle only exist the shut the fans up about certain battles though that rarely works.

Seems to me I'm not the only one interested in a Cloud-Link rivalry. Cloud would probably say this to Link: "I may have the biggest sword, but you by far, have the biggest ego".

I edited this post because I think it came out wrong

FURTHER EDIT: As a matter of fact, my headcanons have Link considering any sword-wielder outside his universe to be a rival.

Last edited: