• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Brothers for Nintendo Switch (and others)

R_N

The one time I faced Corrin one on one against a human fighter I got absolutely destroyed... Sonic had very little to stop Dragon Shot and F-Smashes range and priority. Every time I got them off stage I couldn't gimp them because the U-Special seems to have a decent priority. CPU wise, I'm okay against them, but that level of dodging and using Counter Surge is just not likely against a human player that it's almost unfair at times despite the fact that I win 70% of the time. My best character against Corrin is Pikachu thanks to Thunder Jolt and Quick Attack
Doesn't literally any attack stop dragon shots, not even just projectiles?

KenoShay

Sinnoh Champ
My friends complain about how broken Corrin is but against cloud its not an easy match up unless you are good at reading your opponent

HermitHelmet

Doesn't literally any attack stop dragon shots, not even just projectiles?
Yeah, it's not even like the shot is disjointed, jabs are the best way to deal with it from a distance if you don't have any projectiles to trade with it.

My friends complain about how broken Corrin is but against cloud its not an easy match up unless you are good at reading your opponent
Corrin VS. Cloud is a weird MU. His Nair outspaces everything that Corrin can do and covers so many of her options, especially out of Side-B. Cloud getting overzealous with aerial spam can just get Countered though, so there's that. If you can gimp Cloud and waste his Limit Break by forcing him to recover with it, you can cheese him pretty hard, especially with your F-Smash and Nair when he tries to sweetspot ledge.

Every time I got them off stage I couldn't gimp them because the U-Special seems to have a decent priority. CPU wise, I'm okay against them, but that level of dodging and using Counter Surge is just not likely against a human player that it's almost unfair at times despite the fact that I win 70% of the time.
Corrin's recovery has invincibility on startup and a wide hitbox, so trading with Sonic's Nair from above could stop it quite well

Counter Surge isn't that bad, just bait it out with Spindash cancels and extended dash dancing and you should be good.

EVO Ruleset has been announced, the same as last year. Glad to see Mr. Wizard still doesn't care and hates Miis. -_-

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I finally got Bayonetta, and I must say she is total bae.

Now I'm just struggling like crazy to perfect this Knuckles costume, but I think I finally got it.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
cloud was the character i had the most trouble against. that Dair lasts for so long.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
For the first time, I got two four consecutive wins in For Glory, each with Bayonetta.

It would be nice to have these 1-on-1 battles on non-Omega stages, but the difficulty is nice nonetheless.

Last edited:

KenoShay

Sinnoh Champ
I was hoping someone else watched that tournament, he is sick but I feel like its another Leo, we need to see how he does in a USA major

Houka

Sup not much here but I found some interesting result in All star so not another rant. I guess Link, Toon Link, and Ganondorf are all OP since I clear Hard All star with out trying that hard. Samus Is kinda bad for this though it's fun to see the AI had no defense again Samus Screw attack good tactic to us, except on the last round the AI are kinda dodge happy. I had a easier time it Zero Samus the AI seem to forget that her side smash has two attacks. It's funner exploiting those but feel unfair as well.

So how the two new guys, any good?

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
all star on hard is easy. the only troubles i had with it were the stages themselves, when they are annoying moving ones or the spirit tracks. even on a 4-6 on 1 i have no problem at all.

Houka

Is the Handheld version easier? For me it's the stage along with the AI gang up on ya. It a bit unfair with no way to counter them. Especially with one of there tactic of grab and let themselves get hit by the hazard or let the other CPU smash attacks into ya.

Auraninja

Try to understand.
I have said this a couple of times before, but to me, All-Star Hard on the Wii U essentially became avoid the projectiles. Since your own projectiles are nerfed, Olimar was my hardest character.

Also the stage selection specifically on Wii U can crap out on you. It's the luck of the draw there.

Tsukuyomi56

Gesshin Powered
Have not played the Wii U version (don't have a Wii U) but the stages seem less haxy on the 3DS, All-Star turns off some of elements of the stages that can tip the odds in your opponents' favour (Midgar's summons, bonuses for clearing minigames in Warioware Inc and Magicant's Flying Men). The only stages that can give you a bit of trouble is Jungle Japes (due to the river) and Unova Pokémon League (due to Reshiram, Zekrom is not as annoying as it telegraphs where it will strike). Hard mode doesn't seem too tough either as I did not have too much trouble clearing it with Bowser to get the Nintendoji trophy.

Last edited:

R_N

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/23/nintendo-dream-interview-with-sakurai-part-2/

an interesting interview (read the whole set, its pretty neat!) translated by sourcegaming

some choice exerpts:

: In Brawl, you were able to unleash meteors one by one, but that wasn’t feasible this time around because of the limitations of the 3DS’s processor.
another change because of the 3ds

Aside from that, however, he’s very much a unique incarnation of Roy. That’s why he’s more spirited in Smash than he is in Binding Blade (laughs)
never forget that sakurai based Melee Roy off what Roy seemed to be and not what he turned out as in the final game

There are too many Fire Emblem characters!

BCVM22

Let's not lose sight of what is clearly the most important takeaway from the interview.

—What was the voice recording process like?

Sakurai: Cloud’s voice actor is Takahiro Sakurai, so we talked about how we have the same last name.

(Everyone laughs)

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
Is the Handheld version easier? For me it's the stage along with the AI gang up on ya. It a bit unfair with no way to counter them. Especially with one of there tactic of grab and let themselves get hit by the hazard or let the other CPU smash attacks into ya.
i guess? i never played the wii u version but despite the stages that get me some trouble (magicant, willy's castle, mute city, jungle japes, balloon fight, all the moving stages, find mii (ugh), tomodachi life (ugh)) the opponents don't tend to gang up on me that much. the wii u version has the capability of 8 players at the same time so that's probably a lot harder to have 7 at a time opposed to the maximum of 3 opponents in the 3ds one.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
all star 3ds is pretty damn easy. the AI are set to a low enough level and they are extremely easy to launch. theres really no reason you should be struggling, especially since you can throw out smash attacks whenever. manage your health properly and youll make it as long as you dont get ****ed over by stages

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Alright, on Smash 3DS, I'm down to the final challenge which is (naturally) beat Classic on 9.0. I'm not very good at Smash, so I've failed pretty hard on this one lol. Any advice?

And I mean besides Ganon with a bunch of defensive equipment, which is what the Internet says. I've tried that. Or maybe I just need better defensive equipment. If that's the way to go, any suggestions?

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Alright, on Smash 3DS, I'm down to the final challenge which is (naturally) beat Classic on 9.0. I'm not very good at Smash, so I've failed pretty hard on this one lol. Any advice?

And I mean besides Ganon with a bunch of defensive equipment, which is what the Internet says. I've tried that. Or maybe I just need better defensive equipment. If that's the way to go, any suggestions?
That's not a bad strategy, just watch out for the floating cards, they will catch you and kill you easily since you are immobile other than that make sure you know how to deal with Master Core's attacks.

Another thing you can do is just use your main. Use a character you know how to play and feel comfortable playing as.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan

that's how i did it. not with defense, but with attack instead. his weight allows him to take some hits and colossus is not even that hard. the blades are the most annoying since they are always floating and the cards, my god the cards are the worst cheapest attack. the colossus telegraphs the attacks and except for the flash tabuu-like blast which comes a little later than the other attacks, they are relatively easy to avoid.

man, tabuu was so tough. i haven't played the master fortress so for those who have the wii u version and played brawl, which is harder (tabuu in the hardest difficulty of course)?