• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smash Kirby Hat Face-Off

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
This is the Smash Kirby hat face-off. Here we will treat all 64 Smash Bros Kirby hats like members of a tournament, and we will have them “compete”. There will be a normal tournament round, where we determine the winner. Then we will have a losers round, and then come up with a winner to compete again with the said winner.
I. Orgainization- 64 Kirby Hats, 32 Winners, 16 Winners, Quarterfinals, Semi-Finals, and the pre-ultimate Final. In between every winner's round there will be a loser's round. The general organization format is as followed: 1st winner's round, 1st loser's round, 2nd winner's round, 2nd losers round, 3rd winner's round, etc.
II. Tallying- Oarfish and I (auraninja) have to copies of all brackets, and will take care of the next rounds. You can always PM me (or him), to change the round. The first to 10 will win. If this gets more popular, we may change the number of votes to win. Update: Dragalge is also able to change to the next round.
III. Voting- We can’t tell you who to vote for, but if you are wondering about the parameters about how to vote, here is the basic idea. You vote base on the combination of the aesthetic and the power up. When Kirby copies a Mii Fighter, you can vote based on the aesthetic of his ability to wear the face on the band, and you can vote on the power Shot Put, Gale Force, and what-not. Ness, Jigglypuff, and Link have different powers in Smash Bros. 64, but you can vote for either power up. Keep in mind that the characters that didn’t make Smash 4 will be in here, like Wolf and the Ice Climbers. You can vote once every 12 hours, or after the last round ends, whichever happens first.
IV. Etiquette- You don’t have to like every power up on the poll, but we want to treat other votes with respect. We have the right to not count your vote if you are being rude when you vote. This isn’t to say that you can’t joke around with the way people vote, but do not react negatively. For example (if we had Mario Kirby vs. Luigi Kirby, and people voted mostly for Luigi, you can joke about Kirby copying a forgotten character, but don’t complain that people like Luigi Kirby better than Mario).

First round: Cloud Kirby vs Corrin Kirby

Already with the DLC characters (blame RNG). I will vote for Corrin since it retains the idea of a shape shifting dragon.

Cloud: 0
Corrin: 1

Edit: I wanted to provide some helpful links so you can discern which Kirby Hat you like the most.

Videos
This shows what the Kirby hats looks like throughout the different Smash games.
Note 1: Nothing beyond Melee with one exception. (See note 2)
Note 2: Young Link is compared to Toon Link in the video.

Kirby hats in action (Brawl)
Kirby hats in action (SSB4 + Miis/DLC)

Pictures
wiki page that showcases all Kirby hats throughout all games (with a few notes)
All Kirby hats in SSB4 (DLC included)
Note 1: Since none of the Kirby hats are seen showcasing the copied moves, only one Mii Kirby hat was included
Note 2: Rosalina and Mewtwo are a little bit hard to discern (background blending), but just follow the pattern.

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
First round: Cloud Kirby vs Corrin Kirby

I vote for Corrin, mainly because I like Kirby being like part-dragon. I also have not had much exposure to Cloud Kirby, but from what I know, it is not bad.

Cloud: 0
Corrin: 2

Solid Cyndaquil

Drying Pan Wielder
I vote for Cloud Kirby

Cloud: 1
Corrin: 2

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I am going to vote Corrin again to see if I can get this face-off going.

Corrin: 6

Corrin has 4 more if we can make it to the next round. Remember that you can vote once every 20 hours.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
In a desperate attempt to try to revive this.

Corrin: 9

If Corrin gets 1 more vote, then I can at least show you guys another bracket. Although, I am not discouraging anybody who wants to vote for Cloud.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
*Digs into Microsoft Word*

The next bracket is Luigi Kirby vs Roy Kirby.

I'm going with Luigi Kirby this time, since I like Luigi quite a bit.

Luigi: 1
Roy: 0

Vote however you like.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Luigi: 3

Wish this game was more active. It's quite a unique face-off imo.
The idea hit me when there turned out to be 64 Kirby Hats in Smash Bros. It was perfect for a tournament.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Luigi: 4

Yay for Luigi. I guess more people like his hat more than I thought.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Luigi: 6
Roy: 1