• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smells Like Team Spirit! (520)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Tag Battle! The Finals!

Its time for the finals of the Tag Tournement. With Ash, Dawn, Brock & Paul all into the finals, the gang are to have their toughest battles yet as they battle eachother. However, with Ash choosing Paul's newly released and his recently obtained Pokémon, Chimchar, could Ash be about to have the hardest battle yet by using a new Pokémon at such a crucial stage?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
So, i was right about Paul giving his Soothe Bell to Ash since he doesn't believe in being friends with pokemon. Lets see whether i am right about the other thing that i said.

This is what i think (I posted this on another thread),

Well i saw that no one mentioned this but Chansey also needs happiness to evolve to Blissey. Since Happiny is in the group we can expect an Chansey which might evolve to Blissey. So, presently their are two pokemon in the group which needs happiness to evolve.

Now, if Ash & Paul wins the final, i don't think Paul would be keeping the soothe bell i think he would give Ash his one too so Ash would be left with two soothe bell's. Now i think Ash might give one to Dawn for Buneary & if he keeps the other one i think he might use it on Chimchar to be friendly with it or could use on a future pokemon which needs happiness to evolve like Riolu, Chingling.

Now, the soothe bell in my opinion (if Ash gets them) has increased the chance of Ash getting Riolu which means Lucario.

Edit:- 1st comment on this thread.

This episode is great, i just have to see it.
Poor Staravia didn't get a chance to do a thing. I hope he gets to do something in the 3rd gym.

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
So, i was right about Paul giving his Soothe Bell to Ash since he doesn't believe in being friends with pokemon. Lets see whether i am right about the other thing that i said.

This is what i think (I posted this on another thread),

Edit:- 1st comment on this thread.

This episode is great, i just have to see it.
Poor Staravia didn't get a chance to do a thing. I hope he gets to do something in the 3rd gym.

So, Torterra makes it faint?

turtle twig

I just saw the episode pics on Pokemon-Safari.

There's a scene where Ash talks to Prof. Oak just after capturing Chimchar. What did they say? Does Prof. Oak know about Paul?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Ash/Paul vs. Dawn/Kouhei is probably my favorite match since Paul vs. Roark. It had great animation, battle direction, and didn't feel cheap. Definitely a worthy way to end this three-parter. Elekid evolving came out of left field with zero speculation towards it, especially considering how Elekid wasn't shown in the preview. Nice and unexpected. It'll be a bit annoying if both Paul and Gary have Electivire, so I'm actually hoping it'll stay Electabuzz for quite a while. If I have any complaints, it's that Staravia got the royal shaft...again. The poor thing didn't even land a single hit and was subject to the abuse of Torterra.

Paul tossing Ash the Soothe Bell can be taken two ways - First, it could be perceived as the beginning of a growing respect for Ash, feeling as though he is deserving of the item. On the other hand, it seems Paul really only entered the tournament in order to hone his Pokemon's battling skills, and he really couldn't care less for the prize (or for Chimchar). Either way, I don't see this rivalry being resolved any time soon. That's a good thing, mind you.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I just saw the episode pics on Pokemon-Safari.

There's a scene where Ash talks to Prof. Oak just after capturing Chimchar. What did they say? Does Prof. Oak know about Paul?

just a guess but,

ash proboly told oak about paul abandoning chimchar and him taking it in...oak is proboly happy that hes taking care of the chimchar

uber gon

Accept Change
In regards to Staravia, just be glad he STAYED on the field instead of fainting.

Wow! Saw the pics and it's sad that Staravia didn't really do anything but at least The Dawn/Kouhei and Ash/Paul battle however was pretty awesome, especially with Elekid evolving! With Ash now having two soothe bells, I wonder what he'll do with it now though.

Anyway, awesome episode with a great final battle.

uber gon

Accept Change
Wow! Saw the pics and it's sad that Staravia didn't really do anything but at least The Dawn/Kouhei and Ash/Paul battle however was pretty awesome, especially with Elekid evolving! With Ash now having two soothe bells, I wonder what he'll do with it now though.

Anyway, awesome episode with a great final battle.

He gave one to Dawn, but I think the one he got from Paul may foreshadow a Lucario in his team.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
He gave one to Dawn, but I think the one he got from Paul may foreshadow a Lucario in his team.

I don't think he gave it to her though, she was mearly looking at it.

Anyway, i'm suprised Torterra's hyper beam and leaf storm attacks didn't kill Brock and Honoka's pokemon(Hyper beam shook the stadium) and it seems that only a fully evo'ed pokemon is gonna have a chance of dropping that thing in combat.

Lol at Buizel after getting hit by Thunder too, wonder where it's "strength" went though since it hasn't won a fight since the lucien episode when it ko'ed Turtwig.

uber gon

Accept Change
I don't think he gave it to her though, she was mearly looking at it.

Anyway, i'm suprised Torterra's hyper beam and leaf storm attacks didn't kill Brock and Honoka's pokemon(Hyper beam shook the stadium) and it seems that only a fully evo'ed pokemon is gonna have a chance of dropping that thing in combat.

Lol at Buizel after getting hit by Thunder too, wonder where it's "strength" went though since it hasn't won a fight since the lucien episode when it ko'ed Turtwig.

Well Electabuzz probably has had more training than Pikachu or something.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Well Electabuzz probably has had more training than Pikachu or something.

Pikachu kicked Buizel's butt both times they went at it though.

I'm seriously starting to think those who said one would overshadow the other in terms of Buizel and Piplup were right, Piplup is clearly overshadowing Buizel big time.

Dax

Legend
So Staravia is always used in battle to develop other people? That's...weird. First it was to show off how fast Gardenia's Turtwig was and now to show how Paul doesn't care about the pokemons of his partner. Staravia is being shafted by turtles!!!!:p

I guess my favorite part is the fact Paul has an Electabuzz. Now I guess we know we will see some Electivire by the end of Sinnoh.

And Buizel... poor little thing. Ash has Staravia who is weak, a Turtwig who is boring and a Pikachu who is far from being as powerful as it was. How many more weaklings he's going to have?

I'm still hoping for some Staraotor and Infernape power since I'm sure there's not going to be a Torterra for Ash.

Trips

anyone know what paul was saying threw this whole episode? like transaltetion..where can i go download this or not download this episode at which site?

turtle twig

I too would like to know Paul's dialog in the episode. Especially at the end of the battle with Dawn and her partner. He says something, and then looks over to see Ash bonding with Chimchar.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Poor Staravia! Got not wins again :(
Still his better than Swellow!

Anyways Any one else notuice Chimchar has also takern to sitting on Ashes Shoulder? and more importantly Aipoms shoulder? I hope in the next ep we get a moneky vs monkey rivals?

Also what attack did Farfetch'd use?

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Poor Staravia! Got not wins again :(
Still his better than Swellow!

Anyways Any one else notuice Chimchar has also takern to sitting on Ashes Shoulder? and more importantly Aipoms shoulder? I hope in the next ep we get a moneky vs monkey rivals?

Also what attack did Farfetch'd use?