• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smells Like Team Spirit! (520)

uber gon

Accept Change
And it will probably get shafted to give Chimchar the spotlight.

Or it beats two of the three pokémon that Maylene has. Which results with Paul (if he's watching) becoming jealous because Murkrow did worse.:)

Dax

Legend
Or it beats two of the three pokémon that Maylene has. Which results with Paul (if he's watching) becoming jealous because Murkrow did worse.:)

As long as they don't give it only a small Meditite to defeat I'm fine. I'd be more than pleased with Machoke and let's not talk about Lucario.

I'm hoping for a Honchkrow vs. Staraptor...

uber gon

Accept Change
As long as they don't give it only a small Meditite to defeat I'm fine. I'd be more than pleased with Machoke and let's not talk about Lucario.

I'm hoping for a Honchkrow vs. Staraptor...

I'm hoping for Staravia owning Meditite (who may evolve into a Medicham) and Machoke consecutively.:)

cassius335

Aura Trainer
I'm hoping for Staravia owning Meditite (who may evolve into a Medicham) and Machoke consecutively.:)

Judging from the description of Maylene, I wouldn't count on it.

uber gon

Accept Change

Nova_Delta

Isn't she a kid? She probably doesn't evolve her pokemon too much.....kids don't seem to do that sorta thing for some reason. XD

Oh wait...your saying how shes a tough cookie? Yeah shes kinda hard when you first face her.....if your still a novice. I don't really expect Staravia to beat any of her Pokemon except maybe Meditite. Medicham would pwn it and Lucario would probably Aura Sphere it to a KO.

uber gon

Accept Change
Isn't she a kid? She probably doesn't evolve her pokemon too much.....kids don't seem to do that sorta thing for some reason. XD

Oh wait...your saying how shes a tough cookie? Yeah shes kinda hard when you first face her.....if your still a novice. I don't really expect Staravia to beat any of her Pokemon except maybe Meditite. Medicham would pwn it and Lucario would probably Aura Sphere it to a KO.

Well, Staravia could be beaten by Lucario, it being a Steel type, but Chimchar could own it.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. It was good to see Chimchar add himself as one of Ash’s team. It was cool to see Air Slash. Croagunk’s maneuver under Torterra was cool. Brock’s reaction when his partner left was funny. It was cool to see Revenge and Feint. Normally I’d say it was cool too see Paul’s Elekid evolve, but he doesn’t deserve that kind of nice comment. It was cool to see Ash win the battle. Wobbuffet crying was funny as well as Piplup falling off the table.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I hate to admit it, but I definitely enjoyed all 3 episodes 2night! A lot of surprises. Appearances of old-school Pokemon like Magmar and Koffing, Rhydon's lightning rod ability and using Surf, a lot of 4th generation moves showing, even Paul and Chimchar. Definite 5/5 for all 3 eps.

pi-pikachu1_1

GIMME BAK MAH COOKIE
One of my fav. characters is Paul, because i absolutely hate him. When i feel that sort of hatred toward him, it shows that Paul has definite personality, which i like.... so i like him because i hate him

Rod Master

The Fishing Guru
I just finished watching all three episodes back to back and I must say these are easily the best episodes in some time - easily the best of the D/P saga thus far imo.

Paul continuing to train Chimchar the "wrong way", leading up to his eventual release after his failure in Paul's eyes, and finishing up with Chimchar joining Ash's team...it just couldn't have been done better! The writers sure are thinking things through this gen. The rivalry between Ash and Paul is so good it makes you wonder how things could have been had they have built up Ash/Gary as well back in the day.

And the battles themselves were just great - reminded me of the league battles. Getting to see moves such as Gyro Ball, Focus Blast, and Bullet Punch was a surprise, not to mention seeing many cool Pokemon from past gens like Heracross and Magmar.

I had been anticipating these episodes all week and they easily lived up to the hype. I give the Tag Battle Arch a 9/10 overall.

WaterKrystal

Master Coordinator
Chimchar was soo cute when he figuring out if he should go with Ash. How many times will they get attacked by TR to realise, that they are usually the only ones to attack them. Oh yea, that's right Paul that "pathetic" Pokemon just blew something up with that extreme power that you wanted, but you couldn't do."
"He recited a poem"...Random moment eh Dawn.

I actually feel sorry for Brock, he finally finds a girl who looks like she could handle his extra little flirting and she up and leaves. I kinda hope that they meet up again, even though it might not be likely.

I liked the looks of Air Slash (I think that's what the move was for Far'etched.
Sweet move by Croagunk sliding under Torterra like he was a baseball player, yay for Chimchar getting angry at Paul (even if it was kinda short), man his death glares can get to a person.

I'm not really a drama person, but just that scene with Paul getting his Pokemon got me excited, it's like you could feel the tension between the two.

I love this last battle, Paul's face for when Elekid got attacked was awesome. I gotta say this again, Conway/Dawn work really well as a team, Chimchar already seems a bit stronger now that Ash has him, he seems more motivated and happy with him.

Conway was right, it is funny that this competition is pratically all about teamwork, being one with Pokemon, etc,etc , and the team who did anything but teamwork won.
Aw, TR's so cute cheering/happy for "Chimmy", Paul's pose is so bad boy.

8/10.

Last edited:

.Vaati.

.:Guilty Love
I think they did a good job dubbing the Tag Team episodes. Maybe it's because I got to understand 100% of what they were saying, since I usually watch the raws and have a limited Japanese vocabulary. Ha ha.

Hopefully, we'll see more of Kohei/Conway in the Vielstone City episodes since he's the one that told them to go there. o-o

mew..

What do you want?
i doubt conway will go to veilstone. if he does then he stalks ash 0.0
pro. oak making the "poem" about ash and paul and then dawns

"OMG(not in the ep. but it sound likes she like that)HE RECITED A POEM!!!!!"

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Cool ep and Ash using Chimchar was great. That Pokemon is a great addition to the team, no question about that. It also showed that Paul never was wrong - technically - because Chimchar has great powers, and Paul had one way of trying to obtain them. Ash will try another way.

Blaziryu

Great episode! I hate the fact that Ash will be getting another starter PKMN, but Chimchar really belongs w/ Ash. Like Shinj said, "both of you are pathetic". Chimchar is that Gohan-type of character meaning he'll only show it's true power when someone close to it is in danger.

Ragnarofl

Binkan Binkan Binkan
I admit that while Ash's and Gary's rivalry got disjointed and boring in late Kanto and Johto, Ash's and Paul's is more solid and intense.

mew..

What do you want?
raganarofl, i know lol

gary and ash got boring, as all we saw was ash losing.or nothing at all

paul is better, as paul is stricter, making ash mad.and then they get into fights. lol!

its was fnny when paul said

"so u had to be number 15.."

"yeh and im ready to win!!, oh its u paul"

rofl holarious,...loved this ep. chimchar made me sad, as pal abadoned it,...