• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Smells Like Team Spirit! (520)

I found it funny how Paul was telling Ash to "stay out of this!" when he was the one who used a move that immobilized his Torterra, not Ash.

JudySpell

Banned
Paul should have kept his Soothe Bell instead of giving it to Ash and I was sad that Brock's partner Holly didn't get a good farewell. 6.5/10

Gillachu

Banned
Meh, I wish that Ash hadn't gotten Paul's Chimchar since it had emotional baggage and wasn't even that strong here.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I felt bad for Brock and Holly cuz they had good teamwork, but still lost to Ash and Paul. Elekid evolving against Dawn and Conway was cool also and I liked how Heracross and Buizel fainted together. :3

Good conclusion to a great tournament. My favorite scene was when Elekid evolved, but Paul seemed as cold as ever even though he won with Ash.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Thank God that Chimchar ended up with Ash. After the way it's been treated by Paul, at least it went to a trainer who could appreciate it and encourage it. Paul might slay as a character, but it's really hard to try and like his cruelty. :x

Leonhart

Imagineer
It felt like the Rocket-dan attack at the start was merely a way to show Hikozaru's abilities, although I was glad that Satoshi captured Hikozaru. I felt bad for Gureggru when it lost to Shinji's Dodaitose, and it was too bad that Honoka disappeared right after her loss. And even though Satoshi and Shinji won the whole tournament, their prizes were underwhelming.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Paul could have easily just swept the rest of the tag battle tournament single handedly using only his Torterra.

I thought Shinji was using Hikozaru in this tournament as a way to toughen him up and develop his Blaze further, so I can see why he didn't bring out the big guns in the beginning and simply used his weaker Pokemon.

Daizy

I call you honey
Surprising that they had Ash/Paul win the tournament despite the fact that they didn't work as a team in contrast to Dawn/Conway. Also I wonder if they'll use both Soothe Bells.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
Also I wonder if they'll use both Soothe Bells.

As far as I recall, the Soothe Bells weren't used by either Satoshi or Shinji in DP, which makes me question why those were the tournament's prize.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Surprising that they had Ash/Paul win the tournament despite the fact that they didn't work as a team in contrast to Dawn/Conway. Also I wonder if they'll use both Soothe Bells.
Paul only entered the tournament to battle pokemon of the same type so he could power up his own pokemon.The soothe bells meant nothing to him.
I thought Shinji was using Hikozaru in this tournament as a way to toughen him up and develop his Blaze further, so I can see why he didn't bring out the big guns in the beginning and simply used his weaker Pokemon.
Yeah I realize that but it would have been a slam dunk if he relied on Torterra the entire tournament,that's all I'm saying.

Daizy

I call you honey
Paul only entered the tournament to battle pokemon of the same type so he could power up his own pokemon.The soothe bells meant nothing to him.

Couldn't he have just trained on his own like he normally would? Seems odd that he'd even bother with such a lowly tourney.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Couldn't he have just trained on his own like he normally would? Seems odd that he'd even bother with such a lowly tourney.
Yeah but like I said he entered so he could meet other pokemon of the same type which in this case was fire type pokemon.Like Paul did with his Elekid by letting it take Pikachu's Thunderbolt to power up it's thunder attacks Paul commanded Chimchar to go right through a Magmar's Lava Plume to power up it's fire type attacks.As you and many others know Paul is/was power obsessed and would do anything to obtain it in a short amount of time and this was no exception.

Zamin

Paul is so evil and horrible. I don't like him. I am glad Ash and Paul won though. CHimchar is so cute, I feel bad for his abusive past.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:

Shinji was simply being practical since the tournament gave him a good chance to train against strong opponents rather than him battling wild Pokemon or using his own Pokemon to train Hikozaru like he'd done before. This was a fresh training method I think.

IndigoWalf

Thank God that Chimchar ends up with Ash. After the way it's been treated by Paul, at least it went to a trainer that could appreciate it and encourage it. Paul may be a cool character, but it's really hard to try and like him.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Ash & Paul partially won only due to Elekid evolving, Dawn & Conway are such a good team. I was partially cheering for them in the battle, to be fair, especially after Dawn's Early Contest Lost, three episodes prior.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Dawn and Conway should have won this battle. Paul’s elekid took to many hits and should’ve fainted, but this was a problem with Paul’s pokemon in general.