• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sneasal and Weaville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Dragonair

OMG internetz
Vycksta said:
Weavile, over-rated? Ha, if a Pokemon is over-rated for having a movie appearance before it appears in the game then that's just pathetic.

... and you can't blame people for wanting to see Weavile's special attack stat, giving Sneasel's is base 35. Still, either way I would have one... and 5 Sneasels.

I wanna see its special attack too. But its fan base is rediculous. I never seen so much hype for a pokemon. Other than munchlax for the Shinou region. Not even manaphy is getting this much hype.

Personaly Weavile isnt as cool looking as sneasel. Thats why I think its over-rated. Sneasel lost its coolness when it evolves into that abomination. I also think Weavile is ugly. Manyula was a better name too =/

indigestible_wad

Do you know why there will be no baby for sneasel? Because there is already an evolution of it. Has there ever been two more pokemon in an evolutions series before? (besides eevee because that's different) No, and they will never introduce two more pokemon because it doesn't make sense and it would confuse many people as to why the pokemon got two more connected to it. It would be too much to handle. It's an unrealistic idea. Tell your friend to stop making up rumors.

Vycksta

Silver Dragonair said:
I wanna see its special attack too. But its fan base is rediculous. I never seen so much hype for a pokemon. Other than munchlax for the Shinou region. Not even manaphy is getting this much hype.

Personaly Weavile isnt as cool looking as sneasel. Thats why I think its over-rated. Sneasel lost its coolness when it evolves into that abomination. I also think Weavile is ugly. Manyula was a better name too =/
I like Weavile, but I honestly do not see how it's over-rated. If anything all I hear about is Munchlax, Bonsly and Mime Jr.

Much as I like Weavile, I can still see myself raising up an army of Sneasels... and transferring my cuirrent army on Emerald over. My craze for Sneasel will never die, but i'll gladly raise of couple of Weaviles.

Pure

back.
Well, on the topic, that is not true, as far as we know. There is no evidence to suggest that, so we will say no pre-evo until the entire cast of Shinou pokemon are revealed. If there still isn't one, then...

Silver Dragonair

OMG internetz
Vycksta said:
I like Weavile, but I honestly do not see how it's over-rated. If anything all I hear about is Munchlax, Bonsly and Mime Jr.

Much as I like Weavile, I can still see myself raising up an army of Sneasels... and transferring my cuirrent army on Emerald over. My craze for Sneasel will never die, but i'll gladly raise of couple of Weaviles.

Bonsly and Mime JR. suck also >_< Munchlax is okay, not anything special.

Bonsly and Mime Jr. have horrible designs.

indigestible_wad

Eh, everyone likes the japanese names better because they were introduced first before the english ones. SO people get used to it and don't like the change as much.

Vycksta

Silver Dragonair said:
Bonsly and Mime JR. suck also >_< Munchlax is okay, not anything special.

Bonsly and Mime Jr. have horrible designs.
Holy, I found someone who agrees with me! Such a rarity for me, all I hear where I live are Munchlax this, Bonsly that, Mime Jr this. So annoying. x.x

@ Ruzzy: Sneasel is sneak + weasel. Weavile is weasel + vile. So yes, it DOES.

You mean there is an little pre evo of sneasel that evolves in sneasel or weavile (i already tought something like that because weavile doesnt like much stronger bigger then sneasel)

Eszett

one love
Vycksta said:
*dons Grammar Nazi outfit* Firstly, it is Sneasel and Weavile. Are these two names so hard to type? >BBBBBBBBB
*dons Lexicon Nazi outfit* You mean you're correcting the spelling.

And what's the matter with having Manyula as a wild Pokemon? For all we know, it might evolve from a new sort of mechanic that could be achieved in the wild, plus they constantly make mention of it coming often in pairs. This could verily mean wild double battles against two different Manyula, which would make me overwhelmed with joy as I raise up a whole team of them. ;)

No matter what happens, I'm still holding out for Manyula to have some semblance of a Special Attack - considering it's a dual special type and it gets Calm Mind, Ice Beam, Surf, and hopefully a good Dark move - Faint Attack does not count - it is definitely more suited to use this bunch of moves than it is to using lackluster physical attacks with low base powers. Considering that these two types are my two favorite in the whole game, I would be in as much love with Sneasel as Vycksta here if it could only use some special attacks. It isn't too much for which to ask.

Please, don't botch up Manyula. :(

pinkechidna

Beginning Trainer
Well, first off I seriously DOUBT Sneasel and Manyula will have a pre-evo. Pre-evos are usually revealed early. And there's also the fact that Manyula is the evolution of Sneasel, not to mention one of the flagship Pokemon for the 4th generation leads me to believe there will be no pre-evo.

As far as the name goes, I've been calling her Manyula ever since I saw her. I dislike the name Weavile, too close to weevil in spelling, but as it is with Nyura/Sneasel I will likely come to accept the change over time.

I don't see how Manyula is overrated. I have been a fan of Sneasel from the very beginning and I was THRILLED to see her get an evolution. I really like Manyula's design. I think the baby Pokemon get all the hype. But as is with any Pokemon revealed before they games, of course people pay a lot of attention to them, they're all we have!

At Eszett, I am with you on the special attack thing! Though I've always been more than happy to focus on using Sneasel's attack stat I am hoping for Manyula to have some decent special attack! STAB baby! :D

I do disagree with your comment about "lackluster physcial attacks with low base powers" though. I'm a big fan of Shadow Ball, a HUGE fan. It's got a decent base power and is crazy useful for wasting all those psychic types. But that possibility of decent special attack is making me squirm. Manyula can crush all those dragon types with a nice Ice Beam, >D!

Last edited:

Vycksta

Eszett said:
I would be in as much love with Sneasel as Vycksta here if it could only use some special attacks.
Hehehe, seems that people are knowing me for my Sneasel obsession. ^^;

I too am looking forward to seeing if Weavile has a good base special attack stat, so he can get some STAB and it means that I could finally have some special sweeping Sharp Claws, even if none of them will be my darling Sneasels. Mind you, I do have a special sweeping Sneasels on Emerald. Gotta love some crack. Plus she's great to surf around Hoenn...

*blink*

So much as I would like some STAB for this evolution line, if it doesn't happen then I wouldn't care. My Sneasels can hold off very well with the likes of Shadow Ball, Brick Break and Aerial Ace and i'd gladly prove it in a battle if it was possible.

Plus i'll more and likely raise up Sneasels as it is.

Eszett

one love
Vycksta, while I find it commendable that you were able to train up so many Sneasels, I'm too much of a stinking perfectionist to touch the thing. It really is a pity, though, since I love how it looks.

The issue I see right now with Sneasel is that the physical moves it does get don't really do it much good. Of the attacks you mentioned, only Shadow Ball and Aerial Ace really have some practical use, albeit not enough to rescue the poor bugger: Shadow Ball, having a decent 80 power, can hit everything with a super-effective hit that Dark can hit likewise. Unfortunately, it still lacks STAB, which leaves much to be desired even when it does make a super-effective hit. Aerial Ace, while covering all of Sneasel's weaknesses on its Dark-type side, has but a meager 60 base power, so even then it still will not be hurting many things. Brick Break hardly does anything for Sneasel: while it's super-effective against Rock types, they all have such incredible defense that most of them can shrug it off. It might catch a Tyranitar off-guard, but that thing could clobber Sneasel with an Rock Slide anyway.

Manyula does not deserve to be relegated to such a second class of existence. What it needs more than anything is a healthy Special Attack stat: it has all the moves it needs except for Crunch or some other powerful Dark move, and even if its defense does not increase much it would still be fast enough to be able to put a serious dent in any threats to whatever might be sent in against it. While HP and Defense are certainly two things that would be helpful for it, those priorities cannot come before that of keeping its Speed high and making its Special Attack good, and its Special Defense is already good enough.

Essentially, I want to see Manyula actually be a Dark/Ice type instead of some faceless physical sweeper.

Teehee

Ampharos=lovegasm.
Eszett said:
Vycksta, while I find it commendable that you were able to train up so many Sneasels, I'm too much of a stinking perfectionist to touch the thing. It really is a pity, though, since I love how it looks.

The issue I see right now with Sneasel is that the physical moves it does get don't really do it much good. Of the attacks you mentioned, only Shadow Ball and Aerial Ace really have some practical use, albeit not enough to rescue the poor bugger: Shadow Ball, having a decent 80 power, can hit everything with a super-effective hit that Dark can hit likewise. Unfortunately, it still lacks STAB, which leaves much to be desired even when it does make a super-effective hit. Aerial Ace, while covering all of Sneasel's weaknesses on its Dark-type side, has but a meager 60 base power, so even then it still will not be hurting many things. Brick Break hardly does anything for Sneasel: while it's super-effective against Rock types, they all have such incredible defense that most of them can shrug it off. It might catch a Tyranitar off-guard, but that thing could clobber Sneasel with an Rock Slide anyway.

Manyula does not deserve to be relegated to such a second class of existence. What it needs more than anything is a healthy Special Attack stat: it has all the moves it needs except for Crunch or some other powerful Dark move, and even if its defense does not increase much it would still be fast enough to be able to put a serious dent in any threats to whatever might be sent in against it. While HP and Defense are certainly two things that would be helpful for it, those priorities cannot come before that of keeping its Speed high and making its Special Attack good, and its Special Defense is already good enough.

Essentially, I want to see Manyula actually be a Dark/Ice type instead of some faceless physical sweeper.

You forgot CRUSH CLAW *75 base power, 95% accurate*. Which makes Sneasel good actually, seeing as that lowers defense with a 50% chance, and 95% isn't all that bad. Yeah it can miss, but so can Tackle lol. I'm looking forward to the surprise Weavile has in store. And Sneasel's been a physical sweeper since GSC days. I doubt there will be much change...

Vycksta

Pikachu1125 said:
Weavile is all about looks.
Duh, cause it's still the only thing we can go on. Still a shallow reason to hate him though.

@ Eszett: Seems that Teehee beat me to it... Sneasel is a physical sweeper despite lack of STAB. ... and Teehee beat me again with the mention of Crush Claw. I'm actually surprised I didn't bring that up, but I had a friend here at the time so i'll blame him. ^^

I honestly don't think Weavile will be screwed in terms of stats. The only question is special attack but I still think it'll be fairly average, take into consideration the fact that he's an evolution. Granted Sneasel's is base 35... but you never know, it could be like the Scyther/Scizor stat change... gain power in some stats, lose it in others. I wouldn't mind that.

Status
Not open for further replies.