• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sneezy Steel and the Flower Possy- UU RMT

Moog2

Must stay awake...
Hello, all Serebiiers and Serebites. Good evening, or good morning, or goodnight, or good afternoon, or whichever one applies to you. This is a team I made about a week ago, and I'm laddering with it at the moment. It's working really well, so I figured I'd see what you all think of it.

Okay, so I recently discovered the defensive core of Registeel and Cofagrigus, which happens to be where the team name comes from (you know, coughing? like he's sick? :D). In any case, I know the core is very Scrafty/ Chandelure weak and not a fan of special Fire types, but I really liked it. So that's the team's starting point; a Specially Defensive dual status Registeel, and a Physically Defensive RestTalk Cofagrigus.

563.png
379.png

Then I started looking for some offense. ChestoRest Kingdra is a favourite of mine, so I slapped that on the team. It would be the team's main sweeper, the final endgame player. Also, the fact that it beats Suicune 1 on 1 is really awesome. So I added that on. At the same time, I wanted a special sweeper; Shaymin, with it's good speed, strong offenses and solid coverage, seemed like a good choice, as it can dent a huge chunk of UU.

563.png
379.png
492.png
230.png

Next I wanted a setup stopper, something that could stump and/ or force out both sweepers and hazard setters. I love Crobat for this job, along with many others, and I thought it suited the team well. It got thrown on in the fifth slot.

563.png
379.png
492.png
230.png
169.png

Lastly, I wanted a bit more offensive oomph. I looked around for a short while, and tested a few things. Arcanine, who could switch in on a Chandelure's fire move and force it out with Crunch, looked REALLY nice, so I gave it a life orb and stuck it on the team.

563.png
379.png
492.png
230.png
169.png
059.png

The team worked pretty well, for the most part. I found that I was being walled fairly heavily by Umbreon, and that Arcanine's Close Combat wasn't enough of a fighting STAB. I was also finding that once one of my core defensive members went down, I really ran out of switch ins. After a surprising amount of deliberation, I went with a Specially Defensive Bulk Up Scrafty to replace Kindgra. It still fit my endgame-setup-sweeper position, and fit the team a whole lot better. At the same time, Arcanine was dying WAY to fast, and was easily being switched around. If I mispredicted, Chandelure could clean it out with Shadow Ball, at which point I was in a very dangerous situation. Again I wanted more bulk, and I needed something capable of switching in safely on Chandelure. Porygon2 was where I ended up, and I'm very happy with it. Though I'm still somewhat deciding whether to stick with Trace or switch to Download, it acts not only as a Chandelure wall, but as generally good glue for the team.

563.png
379.png
492.png
560.png
169.png
233.png

Lastly, and this is new since I posted the thread, I started to find Porygon2 was becoming a liability, and I still couldn't handle the likes of Darmanitan and Victini all the well. So before I went looking for lots and lots of checks and counters, I grabbed one of my favourite Pokemon in UU, RestTalk Suicune. The first game I played with it, I switched it in turn three, and 6-0'd my opponent. I works like a charm on this team, as since I've put it on, I'm actually getting higher that I've ever been before.

563.png
379.png
492.png
560.png
169.png
245.png

With the team building out of the way, let's get straight to the members themselves.

379.gif

Registeel @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

The first of my two walls. It's really self explanatory, honestly. Thunder Wave paralyzes the speedy offensive threats I'll be switching in on, and those that will be switching in on me. Seismic Toss lets me attack with no attack, if you know what I mean, which I'm sure you do. Stealth Rock is huge for most teams, and Registeel is my dedicated rocker. The last move slot I'm still changing around a bit. Toxic is really nice for set up sweepers and walls, and is the only real way for Registeel to dent them.

563.gif

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Part two of the walling core. Fully physically defensive, this thing can take immense hits surprisingly well. Due to Mummy, even Sheer Force Darmanitan fails to 2HKO. RestTalk let's me get around Toxic, and I must say, having two walls able to get around the move is huge. This team in general absorbs status really well, but back to Cofagrigus. RestTalk is self explanatory; you Rest to get back health and clear status, you Talk to due something while napping. Shadow Ball is a nice bit of special STAB that does reasonable damage to most things, considering this is a wall. The chance for a Sp.Def drop is lovely, too. Will-O-Wisp is a fantastic addition to the team, permanently crippling the physical walls I switch in on, and gradually wearing down the HP of things like Registeel that lack any real recovery.

492.gif

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Seed Flare
- Rest

My first offensive Pokemon, Shaymin is vital to the team. It forces a lot of switches, giving opportunity for prediction and heavily damaging an opponents team. Seed Flare is a terrific STAB move with a terrific added effect, dealing impressive damage to virtually everything that doesn't resist it. Earth Power hit fire type switch ins as well as steel types who otherwise wall me. Psychic deals heavy damage to the likes of Roserade, Amoonguss, and Crobat switch ins, which is nice. Rest is fun to do on a predicted switch, or to take a hit from full health, since Shaymin is fast enough to Rest before being struck a lot of the team. This counteracts Life Orb recoil really nicely, and with Natural Cure, I'm awake as soon as I come back in. Shaymin is a great team member, and one of my personal favourites in UU.

560.gif

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

One of the later additions to the team, Scrafty is typically my go to guy to finish a game off. Once its counters are removed, of which there are few, it's free to wreak havoc. The defensive set lets me switch in on the most possible Pokemon, and start setting up. Drain Punch is the best possible fighting STAB move to use on a defensive Pokemon, in my opinion, and is my main way to recover HP. Crunch hit all of the ghosts switching in on Drain Punch super effectively, and is the reason Scrafty is so hard to wall. I run Ice Punch over the standard Rest to get around the like of Zapdos and Gligar with less resistance, and I've never had an issue with it. Drain Punch and Leftovers seem to do enough for my needs.

169.gif

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 136 Spd / 116 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Roost

Modified version of the Smogon set, with the only difference being the EVs. 252 Attack EVs let me KO Dragon Dance Scrafty almost all of the time, guaranteed if Rocks are up. This alone is huge, as DD Scrafty can rip through my entire team really quickly. This is my main lead, and serves several purposes. U-turn is brilliant for scouting, and works not only to get me the benefitial switch, but to check whether walls are physically defensive or specially defensive. Brave Bird is the mandatory STAB move, and serves to let Crobat be my main (read- only serious) Scrafty check. Taunt shuts down all walls, such as Bronzong, after which I can U-turn on their switch. Roost gives me back health after being dented, and give Crobat surprising survivability.

245.gif

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Wow, is thing ever an improvement over Porygon2. It laughs at the fire types I've been playing around so carefully, and the extra defense is REALLY nice to take some strain off of Cofagrigus. RestTalk, as I'm sure you can tell by now, is a playstyle that I'm rather fond of. This Suicune works pretty simply; switch in to take a hit, rest off damage when necessary, and set up for a win when all water resists/ specially defensive behemoths are eliminated. Another wonderful thing about the addition of Suicune is that it always wins 1 on 1 against Umbreon, and it can serve as my endgame win button, taking a lot of pressure off of Scrafty. Overall, this guy melds WAY better with the team than Porygon2 did, and it's a fantastic threat when it can get set up. Not to mention it's my main way of dealing with *cough* incredibly scary *cough* swift swim teams. I love it.

233.gif

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Not much to say here, this is the glue of the team. BoltBeam coverage hit, as you all know, pretty much everything, and Tri Attack is really nice STAB. If the hax are in my favour, an extra status can hit, too. Recover is what makes Porygon2 so nice; it can tank hits as well as dishing them out. Trace versus Download is a big decision, and one I'm open to changing; I like Trace for the moment for the fabulous Chandelure switch in ability.
And that's that. Let me know what you think, everything's appreciated.

Have a lovely day! ^_^

Last edited:

Moog2

Must stay awake...
Come on, ladies and gents. Nothing for me?