• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Snivy Plays Hard to Catch! (666)

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I am glad that Ash's Mampeto turned out to be female, and also glad that Ash still has it to begin with. Tsutarja's personality seemed good, but something tells me it'll clash with Mijumaru over Ash or something.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Actually I think that was Grass Mixer

I have to disagree with you both. We can't yet decide on what it specifically is as this animation for this move hasn't been shown yet. Grass Mixer has been shown to be a lighter variety of green. This lends more credit to Leaf Storm, and in length to Grass Oath.

Yet, I also disagree with Dustin since he figures that its Grass Oath upon the absence of the calling of a name of the move. The move was used by a wild pokemon, thus it would not be possible to hear the name being ordered of the move in question.

So, in my opinion, we'd just have to wait until Ash calls out the move himself.. Lol, we at least now it's not Razor Leaf.. That would be taking too big of a dump on Bayleef's turf, and Bulbasaur by extension of course although with him being male and all...

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Does this mean Pokabu and Mijumaru are Males?

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Does this mean Pokabu and Mijumaru are Males? And, seeing as Attract was ineffective against Mamepato, is female?

True.. It also means that Mamepato won't have that pink mask and green underbelly when it fully evolves..

dman_dustin

Yet, I also disagree with Dustin since he figures that its Grass Oath upon the absence of the calling of a name of the move. The move was used by a wild pokemon, thus it would not be possible to hear the name being ordered of the move in question.

WHAT! Ash called out Mamepato's attacks when Mamepato was trying to kick Pikachu's but in BW002, all before Ash caught Mamepato. How is this a different situation?

What I meant was no one acknowledged said move as "Grass Mixer" or "Leaf Storm" so I'm led to believe because it was Grass Oath. I mean after all they did acknowledge Attract, and they likely acknowledged vine whip.

At this point I hope it's not Grass Mixer, since it makes me wonder how weak Shooti's Tsutarja is, since this hypothetical grass mixer looks far better than what Shooti's did.

gliscor&yanmega

Didn't watch the video yet but from the pictures it seems like Pikachu, Pokabu, and Mijumaru failed because they were all males and Mamepato was female and was able to help Ash a lot here.

I was right about how this turned out, I figured it would only make sense that Ash would win with a female Pokemon which would only be Mijumaru or Mamepato, I was hoping it would be Mamepato and it was.

Can't wait to actually see the video of it though.

EDIT: Also, I'm really glad the writers decided to show the genders of all of Ash's Pokemon. It's not needed but for me it's interesting to know. I hope whatever other Pokemon he gets has it's gender confirmed. I think this is the first time Ash has had two confirmed female Pokemon on his team(Although this is also the first time all of his Pokemon have had their gender confirmed). Hopefully the writers will confirm the genders of James', Jessie's, Iris, and Dento's Pokemon in the future.

Last edited:

Koh

Tamer
I wish it'd be uploaded already! I watch the raw, then subs. I can usually get the gist of what's going on from raws, then the subs help clarify it.

So all that goes on, huh? Is it just me, or does all that stuff said about Tsutaja make her sound emo?

Bardische

Elegance.
Furou's male Kenhorou... Maybe Ash is going to use Tsutaja there as well, since he was now so obviously shown the gender of his pokemon that he'd recognize Furou's Kenhorou as different then his..

Uhhmmm...Fuuro's Kenhorou is female :O

Yeah, I'm glad we know all the genders this early.

I'm honestly surprised Mijumaru is male, since, y'know, attention ***** and all that :O

Joe.

Things I noticed/cared about enough to post:

-Dento is the cook, who saw that coming!!! (In case your sarcasm radars arent flying off the charts, I'm kidding)
-Pikachu gets attracted, snake runs away.
-Team Rocket.
-OMG, CAN IT BE, MAMEPATO? I'm sure Ash will use it to battle the grass type....oh it was just used to find it so the WATER type can have another battle, screw you writers and overusing that ugly otter.
-Miju gets Attracted, it gets away, woah Mamepato again!
-Oh, just used to find it again, oh well yay Pokabu!
-He gets attracted too, well Ash, you are out of options, use MAMEFREAKINGPATO ALREADY!
-Mamepato finally gets a decent battle/screentime and weakens the Tsutarja, enough for Ash to capture.

I'm glad Mamepato finally got good screentime and technically won a battle, I just hate how it took all of Ash's other pokemon getting "beat" to do so.

Tsutarja seems like it could be one of Ash's more interesting pokemon, female, with Attract? A whole lot of possibilities, sadly knowing the writers....ugh.

Teshub

Banned
This episode was somewhat of a yawner. It was one of the less memorable starter captures. I think attract was more of a gimmick to emphasize that Ash has some female pokemon. Especially with the memepato evolution thing.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I wish it'd be uploaded already! I watch the raw, then subs. I can usually get the gist of what's going on from raws, then the subs help clarify it.

So all that goes on, huh? Is it just me, or does all that stuff said about Tsutaja make her sound emo?

The raw is out on trackers, Serebii/Filb wouldnt have picture if it wasnt, I am waiting for the Zero Raws 300mb version though, the one that is out is the usual 2gb ones.

wowzers

i don't think we will be seeing to much of attract according to bulbapedia " Once captured, Tsurarja promised that she will only use Attract when Ash tells her" i really don't see ash using attract to much but we shall see :p

TicoPokemonMaster

I think that Ash didn't really know mamepato's true strength until now. It looks like now it going to get more screentime. I believe that attract will be one of tsutarja's main attacks.

magicallypuzzled

i really really liked this episode though like some other people i am not quite sure what to make of tsutarja's attitude to being caught. she seems to like ash alot and had trouble putting him out of her mind when she was running away.

but at the same time it was almost like she either couldn't believe ash was really as nice as he seemed or like she was forcing her self to test him for some reason.

so yeah i really like tsutarja and i really liked this episode but i am not really sure what it was i liked if that makes any sense. hopefully her motivations become a little more clear latter on. becuase right now i got to say even though i am enjoying the mysterious aspect. it's torturous to have a character with this much potential and have to wait for it to be brought to light.

RickHoenn

Banned
Whoa! the episode 666? o_O?

Yay, I'm happy Ash catched Tsutaraja and all the genders from Ash's pokemon are confirmed.

I just wonder what's next Team Rocket mission? >.<

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
woah, that is an epic tsutaja, going for the graceful fighting patter huh? what was the grass atack it used to dissapear?
I am excited by the bgms , its epic. The music is awesome in this show

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Dear people wondering where Mamepato is: YOU CAN SHUT UP NOW!!!

Since people are saying the female Kenhoro is ugly, I should mention that I find the mask thing on the male to be off-putting. Besides, I could care more that Mamepato's female, but I don't, so... yeah.