• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Snivy Plays Hard to Catch! (666)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Episode 7 of Best Wishes is also episode 666 of the Pokemon anime series. Does anyone else think it's a bit odd that we got a she-devil-esque Pokemon like Tsutarja for episode number 666? Just throwing that out there since it seems like interesting trivia lol. Anyway, I've seen the episode now and have written my usual essay. Thank God I'm on a forum that allows me the freedom to type my thoughts without getting punished, so long as I avoid touchy subjects. Anyway, there are tons of memorable scenes in this episode that I look forward to talking about and I must admit, after seeing so many generic capture episodes lately, I thought this one was a breath of fresh air. Tsutarja really is a Pokemon we should've gotten in the main cast years ago. Why the long wait? Anyway, things start off with Ash, Iris, and their new companion Dento, on their way to Shippou City to challenge the Gym Leader there. I have to admit, it seems nice to get a new cast member in Best Wishes since Ash and Iris were getting boring. Dento is so faaaabulous, he'll fit right in with them :)

I'd like to note that we got some nice Isshu route music at the start of the episode, which made me super cheerful for some reason. Just as I was admiring the music though, I noticed that Ash seemed sad. A few seconds later, it was revealed that he was suffering from hunger. I guess I forgot that we hadn't seen him eat in a while. Iris, being an able girl with experience living outdoors, decided to go search for food in the forest. After Ash and Dento waited a while for her to return, Iris came back with a basket of fruit that she apparently got from the forest. I was a tad confused though, as those fruits didn't appear in the trees in that area. I mean really, bananas, in a non-tropical region? Crazy. Just as Ash and the others were planning on eating the food raw, Dento mentioned wanting to cook them first. Dento started cooking them afterwards which is apparently his specialty in this series. I had to wonder though: where the heck did they get those tables and cooking equipment? Gah! He made some sort of muffins with the fruits, which just makes little sense but whatever. It's an anime I guess, so it might not make sense all the time.

Ash and Iris liked Dento's cooking so much, that they went for seconds but noticed that the food was missing, despite Dento having told them that there was some left. Iris and Kibago then noticed something in the bushes, and they all went to scope things out. As Ash and Pikachu crawled through the tall grass, Ash spotted the thief who took their food; a wild Tsutarja. He seemed pleased to see one in the wild and then, in typical Ash-fashion, decided capture it, which seemed to surprise Iris and Dento. Ash simply threw the Pokeball at Tsutarja, and the Pokemon appeared to be caught. However, at the last second, Tsutarja escaped and fled into the tall grass once more. Too bad. Despite it fleeing, Ash still wanted to capture it so he, Iris, and Dento went searching for it again. After making it out of the tall grass again, Ash and friends spotted Tsutarja on a rock, eating more of that muffin stuff. I thought it looked super cute, honestly. Makes me want my own Tsutarja someday. Ash had Pikachu attack it, and we got some Isshu Wild Pokemon music in there! Awesome, since that theme fit in so perfectly with the situation at hand.

Pikachu used it's Quick Attack on the wild Tsutarja, but it managed to dodge that like a champ and didn't even flinch! Tsutatja then finished off it's muffin crumb, and got serious. I loved that smug expression on it's face though; now I get where the fan-name "Smugleaf" comes from lol. Ash ordered Pikachu to use it's Thunderbolt, but that sneaky Tsutarja used it's Attract on Pikachu in order to put a stop to Ash's strategy. I laughed at Pikachu's voice while in it's infatuated state haha. Ash was confused, but Dento was smart and explained the effects of Attract for him. Tsutarja used it's Vine Whip against Pikachu, and slapped it around a bit; nice. I found it odd that the vines came out of it's collar though. Anyway, Ash went to Pikachu's aid since it was hurt and he got hit by Tsutarja's Vine Whip. Oh yeah baby, feel the burn! At least he now knows what his Pokemon have to go through in every battle haha. Tsutarja was surprised to have Ash suddenly intervene and it fled using it's Grass Oath. Yes, Grass Oath; not Grass Mixer or Leaf Storm, just Grass Oath. Back to the episode, despite Tsutarja having hurt Pikachu, Ash was still determined to find it and capture it. I’ve said it before; Ash is as sadistic as they come :p

In an attempt to find Tsutarja again, Ash sent out Mamepato to do some aerial scouting. I knew he'd resort to his old ways. Well at least Mamepato appeared; now the complaints about it not appearing can end (I hope). Meanwhile, in some rocky area near a mountain, Team Rocket was receiving yet another message from Boss Giovanni. After getting instructions, Team Rocket started formulating a plan and as they were, Tsutarja overheard. It attempted to leave but that grass was 100 times noisier than normal grass and Team Rocket noticed it! Jessie tossed a Pokeball at it but Tsutarja managed to run quickly and then dodge the Pokeball. Jessie sent Meowth to battle it with Scratch, but Meowth attacked a rock instead. Looks like Tsutarja knew how to use Kawarimi no Jutsu teehee. Tsutarja fled to some rocky area and rested on the rocks. It then thought about how Ash had saved Pikachu from Vine Whip earlier, and I wondered why it was thinking back to that since it seemed pretty weird. Mamepato located Tsutarja at that point and started circling the sky above it, which alerted Ash and the others of it's location and they ran to the rocky area. Why did we get Giant Hole music though? It sounded really depressing for the current situation. Tsutarja then woke up and noticed that Ash and friends had found it's little hideout :c

Just as Ash called up to Tsutarja, we got Mijumaru pulling yet another "Psyduck" by popping out of it's Pokeball without being told to haha. I loved that little music that played as it came out and how it sounded so Japanese; a reference to the fact that Mijumaru's line is based on the samurai? Mijumaru apparently wanted to prove it's worth, so it agreed to battle Tsutarja itself. Just as Ash, Pikachu, and Mijumaru were climbing the rocks, Tsutarja used it's tail to cause the rocks to tumble down on them! They barely dodged them by hiding behind that bigger rock and I thought that was a little violent. Just as Tsutarja was leaving, Ash and his Pokemon arrived and I thought Ash having Mijumaru on his hat was the cutest thing ever! Ash had Mijumaru use Water Gun on Tsutarja, but it dodged it. Iris and Dento appeared then and I was like "about freaking time!". Tsutarja then used Vine Whip again, but Mijumaru deflected it with it's shell and then proceeded to use Shell Blade. Sadly, Tsutarja just had to use Attract again which made Mijumaru useless. Tsutarja made quick work of Mijumaru after that with another Vine Whip, and Ash had to return Mijumaru to it's Pokeball. Geez, how hard can it be to capture one pesky little Tsutarja? Come on Ash, get it together man!

Tsutarja then left again, and we got some more sad music playing for a few seconds. Ash had Mamepato go after Tsutarja and Ash and Pikachu quickly followed. I thought it was funny to see Iris and Dento just stop running since those clothes really aren't the best choices of outfits for them to be wearing in a forest after all. Tsutarja tried to escape Ash by heading to the trees, but Ash wasn't giving up so easily. He actually grabbed a vine and starting swinging from vine to vine to catch up to Tsutarja. It reminded me of Tarzan. The trees thinned and Tsutarja landed on a lily pad on a pond just as Ash and Pikachu's vine ripped and they also fell on a lily pad. Apparently though, the pond was more like quicksand that started to pull both Ash and Pikachu under. Was this the end of our heroes?! Nope. Iris and Dento, fresh from their coffee break, got there in time to toss a vine at Ash to pull him back to land. All of this happened as Tsutarja watched from the grass on the other side of the pond. I still didn't understand what it's problem was. Did it hate Ash and his Pokemon? Was it jealous of the bond between Ash and his Pokemon? What? It was at that point in time that I noticed that Ash, Iris, and Dento had strayed very far from their camp :x

Just as Tsutarja was getting a drink from a stream, it noticed that Mamepato was circling above in the sky and Ash and Pikachu arrived soon after to challenge Tsutarja for the 50th time in the episode. Ash sent out Pokabu which surprised Iris. Dento explained how the Fire-type Pokabu was strong against the Grass-type Tsutarja. Pretty basic stuff there, Iris. Ash had Pokabu use Ember but Tsutarja dodged and used...Attract. Predictable. It hit Pokabu and it started to teeter a bit and it's voice was hella creepy! Ash returned it and Tsutarja made a gesture that could be translated as "bring it on!" So cool. Just as Pikachu was ready to give it a shot, Mamepato decided that it wanted to battle Tsutarja. Ash had Mamepato use a Flying-type move of some sort but Tsutarja dodged it. Tsutarja then launched another Attract and, although Mamepato tried to dodge it, it was caught up in it! Luckily though, Mamepato was unaffected by it, so it must mean that it's a female. Tsutarja then used Vine Whip on Mamepato but it was able to dodge. Tsutarja was getting desperate and used it's Grass Oath but Mamepato dodged it and hit Tsutarja with another Flying-type move! Things were getting really tense at this point and I'm surprised Tsutarja was able to stick around.

Ash had Mamapato use Air Cutter and then Quick Attack which both proved effective against Tsutarja. Ash tossed the Pokeball but Tsutarja escaped again! Grr. Tsutarja still had fight left in her and she attacked Mamepato once more. Mamepato then used Air Cutter once more and then Tsutarja smirked. Ash tossed the Pokeball one last time, and it seemed like Tsutarja allowed herself to be caught. Hmm. Well Ash captured it at last anyway! He then brought out his snake and seemed content that he finally caught his fifth Isshu region Pokemon. Even Iris and Dento seemed pleased, although it might have just been because the whole tedious ordeal was over with at last haha. The last scene was cute since it showed Ash and his five Pokemon together. Aww. Well this episode was, odd to say the least. Attract got boring after the first use and it only helped confirm some of Ash's Pokemon's genders. Team Rocket's lack of an actual role was surprising though, so I'll give the writers credit for not resorting to using them all the time in this series. I was expecting a fun episode, but this one was just average; not too fun but also not too bland. I'm giving this Tsutarja episode a 8/10 which is the same as I gave the previous episode. Sadly, it looks like the episodes are slowly going downhill, but oh well. Until next time, stay faaaabulous.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Gotta say, I'm glad that this episode made official that Ash caught Tsutarja and what an episode it was. I've been waiting for this one ever since the previews of Best Wishes and am glad that Tsutarja gets to be part of Ash's team since Tsutarja is my favorite of the Isshu starters and it's nice to see Ash getting female pokemon. And speaking of female, this is a milestone that Ash has 2 confirmed female pokemon in his team with Mamepoto being confirmed female. It's also cool that Ash's Tsutarja is getting differences from Shooti's right off the bat by having attacks like Vine Whip, Attract and Grass Oath, though it'd be nice if the 2 meet at some point in the future like Ash's Grotle and Paul's Torterra. I enjoyed the watch from start to finish, and it seemed as though Tsutarja had somewhat of a loner personality by how she was impressed with Ash protecting his pokemon but then shook it off. Though I wonder if Attract will be used in the future or if it'll go the way of Bulbasaur's Sleep Powder and Bayleef's Sweet Scent into the realm of no use.

Also on a funny note it seems that Dento's bag reaches into Hammer Space even better than the bags in the game. How in Arceus' name does Dento fit a table, those chairs and those cooking utensils in a bag so small anyway?

I like how Ash's first attempt to capture Tsutaja failed. That must be what the 2nd time that's happened?

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Just saw the episode pics, and gotto say, I am surprised by the fact that TR didn't even encounter Ash and Co. Not that I am against it. Had that happened, they would've had to pull another escape in the end. Overall I am glad with them. But could someone please tell me what Giovanni was telling TR about on the video?
So far we got the gender of everyone of Ash's poke'mon confirmed apart from the wild card. I like Tsutarja, but I think she'll turn out to be a Treecko/Grovyle, but Mampeto was really impressive too. Sad that it lost against Koromori, but that's ok since it just battled Pikachu back then.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
I loved the episode. The fact that it ended up becoming a little bit of a cat-fight between the two females (Mamepato and Tsutaja) was cool. I loved each of their screams (Tsutaja's when she broke free of Gust and Mamepato's when she shot off the second Air Cutter) they were a really nice touch.

It looks like Mamepato might become a better member of Ash's team now, although I would prefer she had been male, since I prefer the male's design.

I like that Jessie attempted to catch Tsutaja. Everyone wanted her to get another snake anyway. A really nice episode overall, although I'm still waiting on Kibago to do something, battlewise.

Iota

dman_dustin

But could someone please tell me what Giovanni was telling TR about on the video?

I'm not sure how accurate the fan translations (of those who watched the episode, and know Japanese), but apparently Giovanni told them that the secret Isshu Organization *Cough*Team Plasma*Cough* is on the move and they need to be "careful."

Afterwards James mentions that they should "catch more Pokemon" although I think he actually said something more similar to "bolster their forces" which yeah just mean capture more Pokemon.

And around that moment, Jessie spots Tsutarja, and fails to capture her.

I also to those who've said it, are surprised at Team Rocket's minimal appearance here. I mean this episode heavily focused on Tsutarja so much it felt like "The Loner Tsutarja Show" as opposed to Pokemon. And I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason Team Rocket even showed up was because Tsutarja was "spying" on them. Since it would be a very awkward appearance of Team Rocket, if they didn't throw in "Jessie trying to capture Tsutarja." Though I have to laugh at Jessie just giving up. I seriously wonder what they did afterwards, did they move from their location or did they just stay there like statues waiting for more orders? I guess we'll never know.

RickHoenn

Banned
I'm not sure how accurate the fan translations (of those who watched the episode, and know Japanese), but apparently Giovanni told them that the secret Isshu Organization *Cough*Team Plasma*Cough* is on the move and they need to be "careful."

:eek:

OMG! I hope they appear soon, in DP TG only appeared brief at DP36 :( and their first proper appearance was only til DP60...

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Don't worry, with BW being faster paced, I can see Team Plasma appearing earlier than Galactic.
Also I never thought that Meowth's attacks would be strong enough to leave its mark on solid stone. I pictured his nails being broken.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
his strength varies in some episodes

remember when they got lost in DP and he destroyed barry's empoleon when in the episode after he broke them trying to open a lock

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
I'm glad that Ash got Smuglass. I watched the episod eon Youtube and... wow. Filler much?

Don't take this personally, but I HATE when ppl call Ash by his Japanese name Satoshi. It just irks me for some reason.

dman_dustin

I'm glad that Ash got Smuglass. I watched the episod eon Youtube and... wow. Filler much?

Yes because the episode Ash captures a Pokemon can completely be ignored, and no one will would have any trouble when he sends it out in a future episode, because he's always had it, right?

Unlike the case with Ash's Phanpy evolving (which I'll still disagree with), this whole episode was devoted to Ash capturing Tsutarja. This isn't like Pokabu or Mijumaru or even Mamepato where their captures came out of the blue at the end. In this episode there was build up in this episode (it felt even longer than Ash finally catching Gible, if only because he wasn't trying to catch it the entire episode), for pretty much the entire 22 minutes. It cannot be a filler no matter what your definition is.

Unless of course you're referring to BW008.

Cobalt_Latios

Well, I did manage to watch this (was going to write up about it... but due to my location for the past few days, typing it up on my iPod would have been... awkward. Not to say I haven't done it before, it would have just been annoying), and I have to say, I actually thought it was well done.

I thought it was quite amusing that it turns out Mamepato was female; afterall, I thought having Tsutarja being female was going to be odd... but Mamepato's was kind out there (although, it helps to identify which form it's going to be). Iris's reaction to that was pretty hilarious... although I can't seem to think that's what her reaction was of... guess I'll have to watch it again.

Anyhow (bullet style! YEAH!) :
- Iris is going to be the one who forages for food.
- Dento 1-Ups Brock by having a portable kitchen (3 tables, a burner, and something else that makes me think it's portable water). At least we now know who's going to cook for the group.
- Iris doesn't appear to be very accustomed to cooked food.
- Something seems amiss with Dento's cooking rig... (I have no clue what it could be)
- They notice rustling in the grass, and it's obviously Tsutarja.
- Turns out Tsutarja stole one of the "pancake" thingies, and Ash attempts to catch her... it fails (battle her dammit!)
- "Aw shoot... It was so close too!" (it wiggles three times before it breaks free)
- Ash sets Pikachu on her (use Pokabu dammit!!)
- It seems that the Wild Pokemon Battle theme is being used for this, wow, they're actually using the right music for the right situations.
- Tsutarjaa acts like some kind of stuck up rich lady. Yup, Smugleaf she is.
- Thunderbolt on a Grass type... wth are you doing?!
- Tsutarjaa used Attract (and it uses that exact same animation for each and every other time... okay what?)
- She also knows... Vine Whip?
- And Ash takes the hits! I kind of expected this... especially since he seems to prefer having himself beaten up rather than his own Pokemon.
- Tsutarjaa is shocked!
- So, upon reading another post, what I thought was Grass Mixer is Grass Oath. So GM involves "shiny" while GO involves "dull". Easy enough.
- Ash sends out Mamepato to go look for her. SEE! He does still have his little birdie. ARE YOU GUYS HAPPY NOW?
- TR gets a quick briefing, of what I cannot be sure, but it seems Jessie in interested in getting Tsutarjaa, who just happens to wandering about.
- Catch fail + Meowth attack fail. No bat.
- *reads other posts* He was mentioning TP? Yesyesyesyesyes :D.
- Tsutarjaa decides to rest a bit, had a "rough" day, begins to think about her little battle against Pikachu and Ash intervening her vine whip.
- Mamepato spots her, and begins circling around like a freaking vulture. Wrong Poke there...
- It's official, the writers have some random obssession with "Tower of Heaven" theme. We literally heard it last episode. It's a great song and all, but jeez, you're going to make us sick of it by the time we actually get to the aforementioned structure.
- She's spotted, and now Mijumaru wants to battle her. Is it bad that, even though Mijumaru is sort of based off of Piplup's character, I much prefer Miju to Poccha?
- Is it just me, or does Ash have no type theory this time going, as he's perfectly willing to put Mijumaru at risk? That, or he just doesn't care about typing...
- Tsutarjaa attempts to scare them off by nicking a rock off the side of the rock face. It works! Yet, they're quite persistent.
- Mijumaru vs. Tsutarjaa... and he just used Water Gun. Goddammit Ash! Send out Pokabu. You have a fire type, use it!
- Thank you Iris, I do believe he actually needed to be told that (I heard "type", "Tsutarja" and "Mijumaru", I'm pretty sure I can guess what she said based on that, and the context used)
- Dento points out that Mijumaru is strong (interpreting)
- Iris is not amused at all.
- Mijumaru goes to use Shell Blade, but Tsutarjaa is faster and uses... oh, could it be... Attract :/. And it works. So Miju's a guy. Who knew.
- And... one vine whip = one ko on Miju. That was quick.
- Tsutarjaa runs off... again.
- Ash sends Mamepato to track Tsutarjaa, at least now he's sort of thinking. Also, it seems Iris is Pessimist at times, Dento seems to be a perpetual optimist.
- Tsutarjaa seems annoyed that Ash is so damned persistent.
- And now he's swinging... on vines. Thank you for nothing, you useless writers.
- He falls/fails, lands on a giant lilypad and begins to sink into a marsh? It's not quicksand... and it seems like murky water, but... it looks more like mud.
- Ash doesn't want Pikachu to get wet/stuck?
- Iris and Dento come to his rescue.
- Random E4 music. Yes, it's official, I've listened to the OST a few too many times. Not my issue, it's awesome :D.
- I swear, I don't know what he's saying, but it sounds too much like "thank you" for it to a coincidence. Damn gratuitous Engrish.
- Not sure about the context, but again, that ToH theme. 2 in one episode. C'mon, there's got to be more than just this for music, right?
- Tsutarjaa thinks she's finally away from those commo- I mean kids, so she decides to have a drink from a nearby stream... but she's once again spotted by Mamepato. "Curses, foiled again!"
- And of course she accepts battle.
- FINALLY! Pokabu is sent out. I expect capture in one nice battle. Go!
- Okay, seriously, ToH is one thing, but spamming the Evolution theme is another entirely. What the hell?
- Pokabu uses Ember... wait, where have I seen this animation before? Oh no... they're already resorting to clip animation. I had so much faith in you guys ;_;.
- OH COME ON! YOU MISSED?!
- Eh crap, Attract.
- Yup, Pokabu is Male too.
- Wow, Tsutarjaa really is smug, now she's taunting him
- Oh... wait, isn't flying good against Grass? Oh yeah, send Mamepato in!
- Mamepato used... Gust? I saw some kind of air funnel.
- Attract again... okay seriously??
- It... failed... wait, so Mamepato is a girl too? :eek:. Whoa, sneaky writers. No, screw it, Aipom was female too... but we didn't find that out till... late season 10. So we get Kenhorou... dull.
- Some kind of Eureka moment was had between Iris and Dento... I'm gonna need subs on this one. If only for this scene and the TR scene. Battles I can handle.
- Wow, Ash pulled a fail moment there. Not sure what he said, but whatever it was, everyone felt it: Iris, Dento, Pikachu... even the music. Oy, Ash, learn dammit, LEARN!
- Vine Whip and Grass Oath. And... I'm pretty sure we're hearing the Gym Leader theme... I think.
- Mamepato knows Air Slash? Since when?
- Quick Attack, and it appears to be enough for Ash to catch her.
- "Aw Shoot... it was so close too!"
- Tsutarjaa is not giving herself up that easily.
- Oh wait, that's not Air Slash, it's Air Cutter.
- Direct hit! (And Air Cutter has less accuracy than Air Slash... I don't get it)
- She seems pleased that she gotten defeated. Maybe he proved to be a worthy adversary?
- Good lord, 6-8 shakes before a confirmed capture? That would drive someone insane ingame.
- Oh neat, the capture theme is being played. 100% game music really does a difference it seems.
- Not sure what he says after letting Smuglass out of her ball... maybe "welcome to the team", or something to that extent.

Great episode. This smugleaf is going to be quite the entertaining character. I think Miju and Tsutaa (two "a"s to indicate female) are now my favorite 2 Pokes of Ash's team now.

edit: Hmm... Smuglass. I like the sound of that.

C_L

Last edited:

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
- Is it just me, or does Ash have no type theory this time going, as he's perfectly willing to put Mijumaru at risk? That, or he just doesn't care about typing...
I thought we figured that out last episode (and he says it again in this episode) when he states "Types don't matter in a Pokemon battle."
- Some kind of Eureka moment was had between Iris and Dento... I'm gonna need subs on this one. If only for this scene and the TR scene. Battles I can handle.
- Wow, Ash pulled a fail moment there. Not sure what he said, but whatever it was, everyone felt it: Iris, Dento, Pikachu... even the music. Oy, Ash, learn dammit, LEARN!
Basically Dento realizes that Mamepato is a female and he and Iris believe that Satoshi sent Mamepato out on purpose this time because he knew that. Iris even says "I think a little better of him now."

Satoshi actually had no idea.

Cue facefaults and "Iris is not amused" face XD

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

Basically Dento realizes that Mamepato is a female and he and Iris believe that Satoshi sent Mamepato out on purpose this time because he knew that. Iris even says "I think a little better of him now."

Satoshi actually had no idea.

Cue facefaults and "Iris is not amused" face XD
ROFL! Oh lord, that just makes it even funnier.

In short:

Dento: So... Mamepato is Female, maybe it's because he wanted to see what combination worked and just saving it for last.
Iris: Ash, using that kind of strategy? Oh wow, maybe he is a pretty decent trainer.
Ash: I.... uh... I actually didn't know.
Dento: Oh...
Iris: Please tell me you're kidding.

So, Ash was pretty much just chucking all his Pokemon at Tsutarja in hopes that something would work, and his Mamepato just so happens to be female.

I suddenly like this episode a lot more now. I love little bursts of comedy like this. :D.

C_L

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
ROFL! Oh lord, that just makes it even funnier.

In short:

Dento: So... Mamepato is Female, maybe it's because he wanted to see what combination worked and just saving it for last.
Iris: Ash, using that kind of strategy? Oh wow, maybe he is a pretty decent trainer.
Ash: I.... uh... I actually didn't know.
Dento: Oh...
Iris: Please tell me you're kidding.

So, Ash was pretty much just chucking all his Pokemon at Tsutarja in hopes that something would work, and his Mamepato just so happens to be female.

I suddenly like this episode a lot more now. I love little bursts of comedy like this. :D.

C_L

Yeah, it was like...
Dento: "I see! Mamepato is female!"
Iris: "I get it! Attract won't work on another female!"
Dento: "And Satoshi knew it the whole time. That's why he sent out Mamepato to battle."
Iris: "Eh? That was a pretty good idea. I think a little better of him now"
Satoshi: "Mamepato is a female huh....I had no idea at all"
(Cue facefaults)

What made the scene hilarious was how the music killed itself.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Hmmm...I really need to see this ep subbed...I think after Tsutarja used that leafy move Dento mentioned something about a trainer....maybe he assumed it was Grass Oath and it couldn't have learn it if it were a wild pkmn so it was previously owned by a trainer>.>

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
"I've never done anything under the influence of my mind"
Of course you don't Satoshi. Of course you don't. W...we definitely had realized that a long time ago.

-Something I didn't catch the first time was that how Tsutarja apparently refuse to listen to and even abandon their own trainers if they don't like them enough. Writers, please do not drop this plotline. This could be a great backup to training Tsutarja and may even give her some background.

-Fan-thought, wouldn't be interesting if the guy who ditched Pokabu also had this Tsutarja and it left him? Also, I can't remember if it was here, but I liked the idea of Mijimaru and Pokabu competing with each other for Tsutarja's love. It just seems like something Miju would do.

-The writers definitely know what they're doing with the TRio here. Kojirou makes it clear that one Pokemon is not going to work. I expect something good to happen with those guys.

Last edited: