• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Snivy Plays Hard to Catch! (666)

R_N

PS: Called it on Tsutarja being another abandoned Pokemon. Potential tie-in with the TP "liberate all Pokemon!" plot? Possibly.
I think it would be better to say that Tsutarja is the one doing the abandoning.

Also, Cobalt_Latios, Iris deduced Tsutarja was female because Ash's male Pikachu was affected by attract. Which is something she could actually notice ahead of time considering the tails and all.

Last edited:

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
You still have to wonder whether Ash got 3 starters because the makers had so little faith in the designs of the other fire, grass and water types to be marketable mascots, or whether they were ACTUALLY heading back to the roots of the show.

I am surprised by the fact that TR didn't even encounter Ash and Co. Not that I am against it. Had that happened, they would've had to pull another escape in the end. Overall I am glad with them.

Well, imagine how difficult it must be to create brilliant getaways for characters who youve had shocked, watered and generally abused for a decade!! ;)

True

Bringer of Truth
I can see Mamepato being Ash's strongest bird, just by how it battled.

I like the gender diversity in Ash's team, kind of hoping his sixth pokemon is female too, so he has half male and female. He'll probably catch more though.

Overall, great ep.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
It was a very great ep =D

I especially enjoyed the battle between Tsutaja & Mamepato :D writers did very well on it, I just love the animation 4 gust. Tsutaja was a very good battler, she has great moves not to mention speedy, she's definitely gonna be a reliable member on Ash's team :3

I also liked it that they revealed all the gender of Ash's Pokemon though I didn't expect Miju 2b male and Mamepato 2b female, I thought the opposite. Well, I have no problem with Miju but Mamepato... I don't like the female Kenhorou much :/ the male atleast, somehow looks a bit better...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It was a very great ep =D

I especially enjoyed the battle between Tsutaja & Mamepato :D writers did very well on it, I just love the animation 4 gust. Tsutaja was a very good battler, she has great moves not to mention speedy, she's definitely gonna be a reliable member on Ash's team :3

I also liked it that they revealed all the gender of Ash's Pokemon though I didn't expect Miju 2b male and Mamepato 2b female, I thought the opposite. Well, I have no problem with Miju but Mamepato... I don't like the female Kenhorou much :/ the male atleast, somehow looks a bit better...

Maybe she'll be the female equivalent to Bulbasaur & when Ash returns to Pallet Town there'll be a love interest between them

Battra

Wow not since Johto has Ash had all 3 starters on his team, plus we've confirmed the genders of his entire roster so far. I really liked the chase between Ash & Tsutaja, very nice way of of showing off both of their character traits.

Funny how Snivy is supposedly based on the serpent from the Garden of Eden, and now Ash caught one in episode 666...
PS: yes, I know, the Bible actually has the number of the beast as 616 and Hollywood changed it for the movie, but still it seems odd.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Funny how Snivy is supposedly based on the serpent from the Garden of Eden, and now Ash caught one in episode 666...
PS: yes, I know, the Bible actually has the number of the beast as 616 and Hollywood changed it for the movie, but still it seems odd.

Mine says 666.

I loved the episode. The fact that it ended up becoming a little bit of a cat-fight between the two females (Mamepato and Tsutaja) was cool. I loved each of their screams (Tsutaja's when she broke free of Gust and Mamepato's when she shot off the second Air Cutter) they were a really nice touch.

Well, you know what they say: the only time a cat-fight is fun to watch is when it involves real cats.

G50

No longer posting
I liked this episode. It was cool seeing a Female Tsutarja for the 1st time. It will be interesting to hear what they make her sound like in the Dubbed version. I like how Ash just wouldn't give up, and finally used knewly-found out Female Mamepato who is immune to Tsutarja's Attract attack to KO her and catch her. I liked seeing Tsutarja listening/watching how Ash treated his Pokemon while being determined to catch her. She was definitely second guessing running away for awhile. It was hilarious when Dent and Iris pointed out that maybe Ash figured out that Mamepato was a Female, but then he says "I didn't know that". I'm glad Ash caught the Tsutarja in the end.

75/100

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
A very fun episode. Iris and Cilan as Ash's new traveling companions are working out well, and it's only their first episode to be shown as a group.

A female Snivy is very interesting, but it got me thinking of Ash's female Bayleef. Looks like we got another affectionate grass type~ Snivy's use of Attract to use against Pikachu/Oshawott/Tepig, but not affecting Pidove (because it's a girl) is quite clever.

Snivy can be pretty useful now in the anime showcase; determining a Pokemon's gender, as we know it's a female. :p

Since Pidove is a girl. looks like the writers want Ash's future Unfezant to be the regular looking one.

I chuckled a bit when Iris and Cilan believe Ash knew what he was doing, putting Pidove against Snivy's Attract, believing it was female to his knowledge before. But nope. xD Derp Ash.

Now there's 5 Pokemon in just 7 episodes of the new series. Wowzer!

Torpoleon

Great episode. It was nice to see Ash go after a Pokémon to catch it in Unova and where he used his whole team. It sucked that Pikachu, Oshawott & Tepig couldn't really do anything, but I loved that Pidove was used in action where she did something useful.
10/10

wind21

Snivy is my favorite of Ash's Unova captures, for its maturity (not a very sophisticated reason, I know). It's nice to see the way it considers Ash, liking him for his protectiveness of Pikachu but also not so sure that it wants to be captured. That's really all there is to it; it's a very simple plot that's expanded to fill out the screen time.

There are 2 scenes that really stuck with me, one being the glare Ash gave Iris when she criticized him for not knowing how Attract works (I was about to roll my eyes, but Ash had the better reaction). The second, and much more meaningful one to me, was when Snivy escaped from TR and laid down on the rocks deep in thought, not really taking too much notice of Pidove circling overhead. It's a somewhat sinister scene, knowing that Pidove is going to bring Ash to try and catch Snivy again.

Ash almost drowning in the mud-river(whatever it's called) was pretty shocking, since this didn't seem that dangerous to begin with. We've seen Ash just across chasms rather than take a bridge across and do other crazy things, so it's startling to see him almost done in by something like this.

One serious thing about this episode, though, is the way Ash relentlessly pursues Snivy, even though it doesn't want to be caught at the beginning. It's not the right thing to do, to force someone to like you when it's really not there at first. Snivy is shown to be a very mature pokemon, so the argument that it's just a pokemon doesn't really work here. I sincerely think Ash should have respected Snivy's wishes after it doesn't willingly want to be caught, and then Ash fails the first time to catch it.

SmartD

It was a good episode. Ash catches a female Snivy, which was hard to catch.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Aside from the cheesy group shot at the end, I realy liked this episode :] Snivy's voice is nice, and it would be interesting if Snivy really did ditch it's trainer..Thats kinda new..

Now I want a Snivy..I guess that goes with the episode too ^^;

XXD17

Draco rex
This episode was my favorite one when it first aired in Japanese and now it is still my favorite one...I love Snivy's voice! It also makes me more proud of my female serperior ;)

AmericanPi

Write on
Great episode. It was nice to see Ash go after a Pokémon to catch it in Unova and where he used his whole team. It sucked that Pikachu, Oshawott & Tepig couldn't really do anything, but I loved that Pidove was used in action where she did something useful.
10/10

I literally screamed when Pikachu, Oshawott, and Tepig got immobilized. Grr; how annoying. But I loved Pidove; I'm relieved that the writers haven't forgotten about Pidove. Pidove rocks! :)

halloweenghost

Awesome Episode I love Snivy. I guessed it was gonna end up that Pidove was a girl. And no Team Rocket attack. I love episodes where they are not constantly interrupting ash slowing down the flow of the episode.

LOVED Hearing the music from Celestial Tower!!!! thats one of my favorite music in the Game!

Overall great episode! hurray for Snivy!!!!!!!