• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Snivy Plays Hard to Catch! (666)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Snivy seemed cold as far as personality goes so I didn't think she was a good choice of Grass type for Ash. 5/10

I don't think she was 'cold'. She seemed serious, but Ash has had pokemon like her before so she was a welcomed addition to his BW team from my perspective.

Gillachu

Banned
Lol at Ash's Pidove being so underrated before this episode and then her suddenly becoming relevant. I liked that she was female.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked this episode the most out of BW's first dozen episodes because we got gender confirmations for Satoshi's Pokabu and Mijumaru, and also because Satoshi captured that elusive Tsutarja. She was quite sneaky, and her use of Mero Mero had hilarious results. Satoshi's Mamepato shined as well.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Not since Johto had Ash caught all 3 starters for his team, plus we confirmed the genders of his entire roster up to this point. I really liked the chase between Ash and Snivy: it was a very nice way of showing off both of their character traits.

Alloutℯ

Banned
It's nice to see an adventure episode like this once in awhile. I love Ash chasing Snivy everywhere and slowly gaining her trust, as well as finally learning what gender most of his Pokemon are.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
The Snivy chase was fun. Cilan and Iris obviously had a difference in opinion on Ash's tactics on how Ash was trying to catch it, but I think the funniest part of this episode was when Cilan and Iris were praising Ash for using Pidove (when he was having problems with Snivy's Attract) and then Ash actually didn't know Pidove was a girl, their reactions along with Pikachu's were great hehe.

Fun episode, even if it was as simple as Ash chasing a Pokemon around. I like that we get to know the sexes of his Pokemon here. Referring to his Pokemon as "it" never felt right to me.

ZilverLox

Banned
I loved this episode. Snivy was adorable, her English VA is perfect. It's really nice that Team Rocket isn't after Pikachu anymore, unlike before, where they'd be planning a new strategy to capture it, then fail, every episode. It looks like they've got more important things to worry about. Thank goodness for that.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Snivy chase was fun. Cilan and Iris obviously had a difference in opinion on Ash's tactics on how Ash was trying to catch it

Dent and Iris being in disagreement about the capture method here was amusing, and I agreed with them since Satoshi chasing after Tsutarja like a madman seemed silly even for him.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It was nice to see Ash being that determined to catch Snivy by chasing her around many places after failing to catch her at first. It was great to know the genders of many of the Pokémon in the episode from seeing Snivy using Attract, which froze Pikachu for a bit. It was a surprise to see her use Leaf Storm because it was powerful and I didn't expect such a powerful move to appear that early.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mega Altaria said:
It was a surprise to see her use Leaf Storm because it was powerful and I didn't expect such a powerful move to appear that early.

I was surprised as well since I expected Tsutarja to be wild in the first place, although we eventually found out that she had a previous trainer which explains how she knew such an advanced move like Leaf Storm.

Snivy evading Ash at every turn and using Attract whenever she got cornered was super funny to see and it was actually cool to get gender confirmations. I was surprised when Ash's Pidove was revealed to be female and even slightly upset since I always liked the design of the male Unfezant more. Snivy always seemed like it would've fit Iris's team better though so I wish she'd caught it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
Snivy always seemed like it would've fit Iris's team better though so I wish she'd caught it.

In the sense that Tsutarja's final evolved form could be considered dragon-like sure, but I'm glad that she didn't capture it since I don't think she would've put it to good use the way Satoshi did throughout the saga.

Jnmisty

Well, when Snivy’s vine whip hits Ash instead of Pikachu, I feel like Snivy had a the what in the world did he do moment.

Scorbunnie

Snivy using Attract to get auto wins bothered me. Attract was never that powerful in the old episodes but now it was capable of winning the battle with just one hit. I was so glad that Pidove was immune to that bullcrap attack.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jnmisty said:
Well, when Snivy’s vine whip hits Ash instead of Pikachu, I feel like Snivy had a the what in the world did he do moment.

Tsutarja was probably surprised that a human would defend a Pokemon. She apparently had a previous trainer before Satoshi came along, and I think it made her realize that there were actually good trainers out there.