• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Snivy's attract

Status
Not open for further replies.

STICKTOPIA

Snivy's attract was useful before Ash caught it. Ever since Ash caught it, I only recall one time when it was successful against Trip's Servine. Frillish dodged it, Mincinno countered it and used it's own attract, Trip's Servine countered it the second time, and Georgia's Pawniard was female so it didn't work. So ever since Ash caught it, we saw it use attract 5 times and it was only successful once. Does Snivy really need attract or should it learn another move?

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
Well, Snivy doesn't necessarily "need" attract, but it still works as a good surprise move that could turn things around in the right situation. Of course I wouldn't be against Snivy learning another move sometime in the future as well, as of course it takes more than surprise tactics to get far.

Although, I think the writers will hold off on giving Snivy anything new if only because she already has the powerful leaf storm to use, as opposed to the other poke's that have lower powered moves.

thunderblade12

Snivy's only three attacking moves are all Grass type. Something needs to be done with it. If it evolves I want to see Dragon Tail. Unless Snivy learns Twister, Aerial Ace, Pursuit, or Iron Tail its going to have very little coverage without evolving.

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
Snivy's only three attacking moves are all Grass type. Something needs to be done with it. If it evolves I want to see Dragon Tail. Unless Snivy learns Twister, Aerial Ace, Pursuit, or Iron Tail its going to have very little coverage without evolving.

Oh, I didn't even think of having dragon tail. Hmm, if she really got that, and the effect stays the same as it does in the games (not sure why it wouldn't) it would end up quite the tricky pokemon.

"what's that, your pokemon is the same gender, spam dragon tail, until something gets sent out that's your opposite gender.)

Not that Ash has brains for even that, but still.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I think she will keep its like her signature move, like Flamecharge for Tepig and Shell Blade for Oshawott, the only way I see her ignoring it is, losing continuously due to rellying to much in that strategy and having some kind of emotional episode where she decides to stop using it but I find it hard to believe.

They can get rid of Vine Whipe and give her something cool of another typing.

If it worked always it would be too convinient that every pokemon she fights is male and people whole whine that she would only win with conditional moves.

Haru Glory

Rave Master
Right now, her moves are Attract, Razor Leaf, Vine Whip and Leaf Tornado, right?

She should learn some good moves... Like Slam, Mega Drain, Leaf Blade/Storm, or even Coil. What do you think?

Attract, Leaf Storm, Vine Whip and Leaf Blade is her moveset at the moment, and has been since capture.

I think she will drop attract if she evolves, if not then i think she will probably lose leaf blade.

gliscor&yanmega

The thing with Attract is that if it hits then the battle is basically done, so the writers probably don't want Ash winning all his battles like that with Snivy so they make certain situations where the move doesn't work. With that being said, I think it will eventually get "replaced" with another move. Not sure when or with what move though.

I think overall, Attract and Vine Whip have the most chance of being "replaced", I have a hard time seeing Leaf Storm or Leaf Blade "replaced". Although Vine Whip can be useful in the Anime and I suppose they could give it something else over Leaf Blade.

I'm sure Attract will eventually get "replaced" though, but I think perhaps a little bit later on, after the 5th gym(Depending when that comes).

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
It was a nice gimmick move at first, but Then every Tom, Dick and Harry got it so now its not so special, A new move would be nice seeing how Pikachu, Tepig, Oshawott, Swadloon and Scraggy got new moves

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I see Leaf Blade being replaced as Swadloon evolves into Leavanny and gains the move. Not to have the same two moves, the writers give Snivy Aerial Ace.

I see Leaf Blade being replaced as Swadloon evolves into Leavanny and gains the move. Not to have the same two moves, the writers give Snivy Aerial Ace.

They can still have the same two moves. Pikachu and Tranquill both have Quick Attack. Oshawott, Tepig and Roggenrola all have Tackle.
I think she will keep its like her signature move, like Flamecharge for Tepig and Shell Blade for Oshawott......

Attract? It always felt more like Vine Whip was Snivy's signature move IMO.
------------------------

I actually want both Snivy and Emolga to forget Attract, but that probably won't happen. Maybe Snivy can learn Giga Drain or something and then she won't really need to learn any more moves after that.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

They can still have the same two moves. Pikachu and Tranquill both have Quick Attack. Oshawott, Tepig and Roggenrola all have Tackle.

Attract? It always felt more like Vine Whip was Snivy's signature move IMO.
------------------------

I actually want both Snivy and Emolga to forget Attract, but that probably won't happen. Maybe Snivy can learn Giga Drain or something and then she won't really need to learn any more moves after that.

Quick Attack is basically a staple in Ash's team, and I highly doubt they will all keep Tackle.

I'm expecting her to learn Twister or Pursuit. If you ask me, her final moveset will be

Leaf Storm
Leaf Blade
Aerial Ace (replaced Vine Whip)
Twister (replaced Attract)
Pursuit
Iron Tail

Yeah, Attract is used way to much, and not just by Snivy either. Now practically everybody has it.

Quick Attack is basically a staple in Ash's team, and I highly doubt they will all keep Tackle.

What I was saying was there's no problem with Snivy and Leavanny(if it evolves) having the same move.

WaterShuriken

What I was saying was there's no problem with Snivy and Leavanny(if it evolves) having the same move.

I know but I doubt Snivy will keep the same moveset and I doubt she'll get rid of Vine Whip, Leaf Storm, and Attract as they seem to be great moves for her, so instead of Leaf Blade being "erased", it could just be showcased with Leavanny instead.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
I'm expecting her to learn Twister or Pursuit. If you ask me, her final moveset will be

Leaf Storm
Leaf Blade
Aerial Ace (replaced Vine Whip)
Twister (replaced Attract)
Pursuit
Iron Tail

Yeah, Attract is used way to much, and not just by Snivy either. Now practically everybody has it.

Usually the writers limit a Pokemon with only 4 moves. Having 6 moves might be too many moves to show on 1 Pokemon.

claudicado

Celestic Gym Leader
Although I like Aerial Ace and Iron Tail, those moves are overused, just like Attract is. So I think Snivy should learn Coil (only the Snivy line and Eelektrik can learn this move, so Snivy could showcase it in the anime), Twister or even Glare (I particularly like this option to complement the badass Snivy attitude).

Status
Not open for further replies.