• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

snorlax EV spread?

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
I'm going to be breeding for careful snorlaxes soon.

given that i can, with patience, get one with any three perfect IVs, which should i go for? also, once i get it, what EV spread should i give it?

it's a standard curselax:

RoadBlock @lefties/chesto
careful
curse
shadowball
return
rest

thanks in advance for the advice!

Edit: i know that sp. atk and speed are pretty much wasted stats on a Lax, so i'm really just deciding from the other 4 which is least important. HP, maybe, because it's already got so much?

for your snorlax, the ev's should be 196 HP, 124 Special Def, 116 Atk, 84 def
this way, all the EV's are used in the right spots.Hp is important because u have to make the most of what you've got. same for special def. for the last 90,you can split it for def if u want.

Last edited:
210 is not divisible by 4 dummy. You are wasting a whole Stat point in total over both HP and Sp Def.
Same with 90... :rolleyes:

Try, 200 HP, 120 Sp Def, 110 Attack, 80 Def.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
thanks, will do. so, which perfect stats should i try for?

i was thinking i'd just go for HP and the defenses, and rely on its base stats and EVs (and curse) to get it up to a reasonable amount.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
i know, and given the time, i would. but the thing is, only 3 IVs are passed down through breeding. so, if i had to pick just 3 to have flawless, which would they be?

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
UPDATE: thank you all for your help, but i've been hatching for a while, and tonight i get

Snorlax - Impish - Immunity
EVs:
HP:30
ATK: 31
DEF: 31
SP ATK: 28
SP DEF: 31
SPD: 31

since this is the closest i will ever get to straight 31's, and it's the second-best personality, i was wondering if there was a chance that someone could tell me what the best EV spread of this snorlax is? if you want to get the same end stats, or close to it, it'd probably be a bit heavier on the Sp Def EVs. but i'm looking for an exact spread, like what BB did for careful.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
i worked it out, and i can get about the same results with

impish 144 HP /92 ATK /64 DEF /208 SDEF

as i can with BB's careful spread. just a few points lower in SDef. if i give it the same spread, won't it be a little heavier on defense than it should be?

Rudoku

Your mom
I like having 156 points in HP (or 160 for yours), but I like seeing 500's on pokemon that can have those stats.