• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Snorlax Grows Gigantic?! The Mystery of Dynamax!! (1094)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1094.jpg

Snorlax Grows Gigantic?! The Mystery of Dynamax!!

Ash & Go have arrived at the Wild Area, a huge area filled with wild Pokémon. However, they soon come across a Snorlax which soon grows to massive sizes. As they came to learn about the Dynamax phenomenon, Ash & Go are excited by this. However, the Scorbunny they encountered in Wyndon has also come to the Wild Area in search of Go. Will they be able to meet again?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

D

Deleted member 384931

I found the episode meh. Nice that Ash takes the lead. But Scorbunny get captured because it helped and shutting it down before that idk how to feel about that. 6/10

VoltTacklingPika

I kinda wish this episode was just all about Scorbunny, because that thing is cute and funny. It's journey through the Wild Area was shown in a montage and it looked far more entertaining than what Ash and Gou were doing with the Snorlax.

There were some funny gags in this episode, too. The sight gag on the train when Scorbunny opens the door to find the room full of carrots and just one Bunnelby; Scorbunny being eaten by Snorlax; and Gou throwing the Pokeball and missing because he has no athletic ability whatsoever all got a laugh out of me. I'm happy Scorbunny is on the cast now because it needed an extra body and now I can enjoy watching it kick the crap out of Ash on a semi-frequent basis.

Besides that, I had a slight issue with Gou walking back on wanting Mew to be his first Pokemon. I understand why they did it, but they presented this Mew thing as being important to Gou and then just had him change his mind because he thought Scorbunny was cool. So now I'm wondering what the point of spending half of episode one establishing Gou's infatuation with Mew was.

The context for the show's events feels flimsy, too. Things are just happening and there's no connecting thread or vision for what's to come. If you lay out what's happened and what's to come, you can see how disconnected it all:

Ash meets Gou, fights a Lugia, becomes a research fellow
A bunch of Ivysaur appear in Vermillion City for reasons
Ash and Gou go to Galar
Ash and Gou in the Wild Area
Ash and Gou do a bug catching contest
Ash and Gou go to Hoenn for Battle Frontier stuff
Now they're in Sinnoh for something unrelated

Older series did this as well, but they always had the context of "Ash and friends are on their way to somewhere, and have just gotten distracted along the way" (or, in SM's case, it was another day in the life of Ash and friend's on Melemele), whereas here it feels very random.

axelme

just from the description i knew this series sounded awful. i tried watching this one to see how it was and the last one.

all i can say is wow. truly awful. i thought sun and moon brought this series to a new low but this one makes sun and moon look great. its like the writers arent trying all that hard anymore.

this episode was boring and if these last 2 episodes are like what the other ons were like this just makes me sad. i mean...we are what 5 episodes in and they have barely shown galar pokemon.

this new charcter is the most unlikeable one this series has ever had. in appearance he's n ash clone . personality wise he's different but he's still annoying and him and ash together alone with no one to balance that is to much. i mean if i wanted to see a series of 2 versions of ash traveling....well i will stop there because i never would.

so far i cant say this is a great advertisement for the new games. im not sure why they decided to do it this way

maybe it'll get better but there's not a lot of optimism hre. sun and moon did improve over time but it still never really turned into anything good. it was just only ever okay

this is just how i feel. my opinion on things. but just from what i've seen i'd rather watch the orange island mess again than go through this

Shotgunrain

just from the description i knew this series sounded awful. i tried watching this one to see how it was and the last one.

all i can say is wow. truly awful. i thought sun and moon brought this series to a new low but this one makes sun and moon look great. its like the writers arent trying all that hard anymore.

this episode was boring and if these last 2 episodes are like what the other ons were like this just makes me sad. i mean...we are what 5 episodes in and they have barely shown galar pokemon.

this new charcter is the most unlikeable one this series has ever had. in appearance he's n ash clone . personality wise he's different but he's still annoying and him and ash together alone with no one to balance that is to much. i mean if i wanted to see a series of 2 versions of ash traveling....well i will stop there because i never would.

so far i cant say this is a great advertisement for the new games. im not sure why they decided to do it this way

maybe it'll get better but there's not a lot of optimism hre. sun and moon did improve over time but it still never really turned into anything good. it was just only ever okay

this is just how i feel. my opinion on things. but just from what i've seen i'd rather watch the orange island mess again than go through this
At this point the anime is no longer an advertisement for the games. SwSh sold 6 million copies in its first week, and is the Switch’s fastest selling games ever. This is despite the change in direction of the anime. The anime has stopped being an advertisement for the games for quite some time now. It is just used to sell plushies and other merch nowadays.

Sham

The Guardian of War
It is 8 o clock where I live. People are probably just now waking up which explains the lack of comments.

Episode was still pretty meh though
I guess I’m just use to people still talking about this around this time (it’s 11 where I live) but you’re right; it is pretty early.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
.... wow only five comments? Was this episode THAT bad?
It wasn't that bad. But the thing with me it's that I'm watching this on YouTube where I'm constantly being entertained from other videos and I'm looking for novelty, so I thought the episodes were dragging things a little bit too long for my tastes. I guess I'm not their targeted audience and I don't consider myself a hardcore Pokemon anime fan.
It is 8 o clock where I live. People are probably just now waking up which explains the lack of comments.
It's 5 AM where I live when it was uploaded on YouTube, but I woke myself much later and watched it whenever I feel like.

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Poor Scorbunny being ignored most of the time. Although, we didn't see Koharu but we got to see her Pokemon, I think she would get along with Scorbunny, because of the Pokemon being ignored and Koharu's habit to overlook things ahead of her.

It's a good thing Go captured it. His goal doesn't really require to capture Pokemons but his bond with Scorbunny would be an useful asset especially when dealing with dire situations like pushing a Gigantamaxed Snorlax out of the train tracks, although not its full body but by making it eat a Gigantamaxed fruit from a tree on its belly, so it can shrink to normal size.

Also the Bunnelby could make an interesting cameo if Clemont & Bonnie were inside the train as well without having them to meet Ash & Go, or having it scolding Chespin just like in XY.

Not a bad episode. At least our heroes witnessed the Gigantamax form for the 1st time and Scorbunny ended being with Go.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
So far this show pretty much survives entirely on its cute character animation. Which is also why episode 3 was the weakest episode so far since the animation in that one was fairly sub-par.

Not gonna lie though, I would totally watch an entire episode of just Hibunny getting into antics trying to make its way to Satoshi and Go.

axelme

Is five episodes the new standard to judge a series?

i'd say that by the first 5 episodes is a fir number of episodes to wait. i'd say by episode 5 the identity of the series is fairly well established . if not fully you have a decent enough idea of what its going to be like. by the fifth episode there should be something to get you into it

Last edited:

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Is five episodes the new standard to judge a series?
This is the same fandom that thinks any Pokemon composer not named Shinji Miyazaki sucks just because they aren't him. There's no such thing as "standards" to them. Anything that even looks like standards are just arbitrary "criteria" made up on the spot.

That said, this series is five for five now. And yes, like everyone, I knew Go would move Mew down his list to catch Scorbunny. Still a good catch.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
My thoughts on the episode:

I love Scorbunny.

That is all.

Same. Scorbunny is just so fun. Really happy of picking one as my starter on Sword.

Also Megumi Hayashibara did a good voice work in one the scenes. She clearly moduled her "hibanny" phrase in a way that made it seem like Scorbunny was saying "bye". Brilliant and just what one could speak of such high-caliber VA.