• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Snorlax Grows Gigantic?! The Mystery of Dynamax!! (1094)

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
This is the same fandom that thinks any Pokemon composer not named Shinji Miyazaki sucks just because they aren't him. There's no such thing as "standards" to them. Anything that even looks like standards are just arbitrary "criteria" made up on the spot.
Tbh, these kind of reasons sounded odd to me, like people are getting too sensitive on what they are hearing from the show, as those things didn't really affect me. If anything I'm more concerned about the quality of the episode writings/contents.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Is five episodes the new standard to judge a series?
Kalos showed Ash opting for suicide to save Pikachu. (Makes as much sense in context.) And Serena knowing Ash since childhood.

Alola showed Ash immediately befriending 5 strangers and entering the school. Oh, and he caught Rowlet.

Gal...Kan...uh, this series so far likes to take its sweet time going to a made-up destination. Ash hasn't caught anything in 5 episodes, which is the longest time he hasn't caught anything since Caterpie and Pidgeotto.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Kalos showed Ash opting for suicide to save Pikachu. (Makes as much sense in context.) And Serena knowing Ash since childhood.

Alola showed Ash immediately befriending 5 strangers and entering the school. Oh, and he caught Rowlet.

Gal...Kan...uh, this series so far likes to take its sweet time going to a made-up destination. Ash hasn't caught anything in 5 episodes, which is the longest time he hasn't caught anything since Caterpie and Pidgeotto.
So, are they good things or not for you compared to the last series you praised from?

To me, I just accepted that I'm not their targeted audience anymore, so I'm not pushing the standard of the series harder.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So, are they good things or not for you compared to the last series you praised from?
Good first impressions, I'd say. This series hasn't done a good one yet.

Maybe had Lugia been their ride, I'd say it's up there to the others, but the impression for this series has been lackluster.

The impression I'm getting is something similar to how Serena was like the first...20 episodes before she found her calling 4 gym badges later.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Hibanny reminded me of Pochama and Harimaron when it decided to explore the train on its own and because of its facial expressions during certain scenes, and I liked seeing Horubee make a cameo since it's one of my favorite Gen VI species. The Kabigon parts didn't interest me, but I thought the Wooluu flock was adorable.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
So ash was under the impression that normal sized snorlax was daimax despite having his own snorlax?

there’s little hope for continuity at the point
To be fair, that snorlax was bigger than average (and that made Ash and Go briefly think Dynamax was just a slight size increase)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
By the way, people on Twitter think Go is an entitled bastard for rejecting (at first) a Scorbunny who practically searched high and low for him in favor of getting Mew first.
To be fair, that snorlax was bigger than average (and that made Ash and Go briefly think Dynamax was just a slight size increase)

This coming from the kid with the unusually small shiny Noctowl and the adult-sized Charizard.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

Good to know trains in Galar can stop on a dime, because the train only threw on the brakes after Snorlax had moved

Scorbunny also knows Teleport because it covers four minutes worth of climbing Snorlax is mere seconds

Tbh idk if Snorlax was the right pokemon to debut Dynamax with.

Jason White

AspiringPsych
The episode was fine, but as others have stated the overall direction isn't clear. Though I expected this when the creators of the series said that episodes would be more episodic and self-contained. Hopefully, there will be an overarching story as the series goes on. Next week's episode is looking meh, I wanted to see more of Galar before returning to Kanto. At the very least have Team Rocket.

Arroz Nero

Poke-noob
I liked the episode, the only weird thing is how they didn't make more build up or explanation as to why Go changed his mind about catching Mew first, he let go too fast the resolution he had as a kid until now. Also Ash is gonna be Hibunny's punching bag isn't he?
On the musical side I actually liked the ost of the sequence when they are observing Pokemon, and when Snorlax is dinamaxing.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
By the way, people on Twitter think Go is an entitled bastard for rejecting (at first) a Scorbunny who practically searched high and low for him in favor of getting Mew first.

I feel they are over-reacting a bit too much.

Go clearly looked unconfortable with turning Scorbunny down at first. It's clear from the way he worded and how he talked to it.

Also, it's important to note that while we, the audience, know what Scorbunny had passed through, Go had no idea. For all he know, he just assumed Scorbunny followed him up until that point.

All things considered, the scene was handled fairly fine.

As for Go changing his mind... I'd say it was kind of gradual. He seemed to be moved with Scorbunny following him all the way to the Wild Area - thus why he looked unconfortable with turning him down unlike what he did with the Kanto starters on episode 2 - and then he saw all the effort he put to help him with Snorlax. All those caused him to finally decide he should rethink his decision.

By the way, the Ivysaur episode did have Go at one point looking dissapointed he couldn't help Ash with TR since he had no pokémon. Maybe that added to the above points as well.

That's how I see it, anyway

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Go clearly looked unconfortable with turning Scorbunny down at first. It's clear from the way he worded and how he talked to it.
Because he wasn't used to having a Pokemon want to be with him (coupled with his irrational (though not as much given Ash befriended a Mythical and a UB without fighting) wish to have Mew be his first Pokemon), and he's actually more logical (despite the irrational wish) about it than Ash, who lets about anyone join him if they want to (which is Ash's only way for him to get any Pokemon).

PokeFreak1200

Wow Dynamaxing is a dangerous phenomenon, it's first appearance almost caused hundreds of deaths. It'll be interesting how they incorporate dynamaxing/gigantamaxing in the anime, since Pikachu could not damage Snorlax in it's base form. Other than that Scorbunny was surprisingly entertaining with it's antics. On the fence whether or not he's going to evolve all the way, but rn they are really pushing him to be the cutesy Pokemon.

I do have to agree with everyone that so far it's very episodic with no goal in mind. Hopefully they establish some sort of goal, aside from being assistants, soon.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Doesn’t help that the subs take a long time to upload.
No one has any right yo complain about this since thru were damn near nonexistent in the XY days

Anyway lol this episode was fine. Turning against a saga 5 episodes in because people want instant gratification is dumb

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I liked the episode, unpopularly apparently
However most issues people have with the episode is because of the weird pacing and goal definition of the series so far that I can't deny after all. Fortunately the episodes have been entertaining, to me at least. This coming from someone who disliked CotD fillers. Even though this is basically the same thing, it feels more charming.

I still hope they fix some problems of course, Ash is probably going to find some major battling goal along the way, because for now he is just wandering around because even the major research is being done by Gou. We might get hints in the BF episode, maybe

p96822

Evolve me please
It's time for another Pokemon anime review. Go!

I though this episode was okay. It wasn't that welly paced in my opinion. I felt like all the traveling between Ash, Gou and Scorbunny were really boring and they could have just have Scorbunny interact with Gou more then what the episode gave us. Scorbunny is a fun character, but if they shorten the travel time with Scorbunny so giving Gou more of a reason to catch him over Mew.

Snorlax was more of an obstetrical then a character. It mostly there to make the conflict and the reason why Gou changes his mind on Scorbunny. Ether the train could have stop on a dime or because of Giganamax Snorlax's fat would push the train backwards. I do liked that Gou and Ash are becoming more of a team as time goes on. Gou working together with Ash was earned in this episode because Gou not giving up and using Scorbunny to save the day.

Out of that, there not much to say about this episode. So I'll give it a C-