• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Snorlax Grows Gigantic?! The Mystery of Dynamax!! (1094)

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Subs came out the same day the episode aired, which is better than waiting days, weeks, months or even years like it was mere years ago
Yeah, and it's time consuming to do the translations as well. I remembered I made videos myself speaking in French and it took 1 hour to sub a 15 minutes video in English, because YouTube, so I couldn't imagine how much dedication required to translate from Japanese in a weekly basis for this show. So for me, we're grateful they're doing these for us, as I wouldn't dare to do them.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Other than that Scorbunny was surprisingly entertaining with it's antics. On the fence whether or not he's going to evolve all the way, but rn they are really pushing him to be the cutesy Pokemon.

I'm fairly confident Scorbunny will stay as it is. The fact we've seen him kicking small rocks makes me think at some point it will lose to a Cinderace, then beat it by learning Pyro Ball.

Sometimes the anime can be that predictable lol

I liked the episode, unpopularly apparently
However most issues people have with the episode is because of the weird pacing and goal definition of the series so far that I can't deny after all. Fortunately the episodes have been entertaining, to me at least. This coming from someone who disliked CotD fillers. Even though this is basically the same thing, it feels more charming.

Same here.

I've found the episode and the series as a whole really enjoyable so far.

I'm ok with Ash just travelling around and exploring the Pokémon world. It was one of the reasons why I like the Decolora Islands arc as unpopular as it appears to be.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
I like the depiction of Gigantamaxing in this episode. Wow there is a lot of detail to the foliage on Snorlax's belly! I like that they actually go into it. Scorbunny is a perfect Pokemon for Go. I hope it doesn't evolve. Lesson to all Poke Engineers -- don't build train tracks in the middle of the wild area. Think about how many Wuloos they've probably splattered :eek:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
We haven't seen a trainer using it yet, so it's too early to say.
After seeing the massive bosses from the Marvel vs Capcom games, I doubt they would impressive to look at compared to normal size Pokemons.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I wish we saw more of Galar and the new Pokemon, to be honest. Maybe it will change since its just the start of the series
Me too, Janejane. Me too. Galar is being severely neglected, not just in the anime, but throughout the franchise general.

I don't mind (in fact I approve of) the fact that they're continuing to do things different from the usual traveling formula. But I want Pokemon to focus on the "current thing" ie the Galar region and what it has to offer.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Me too, Janejane. Me too. Galar is being severely neglected, not just in the anime, but throughout the franchise general.

I don't mind (in fact I approve of) the fact that they're continuing to do things different from the usual traveling formula. But I want Pokemon to focus on the "current thing" ie the Galar region and what it has to offer.
The games already highlight the two aspects of Gen VIII that have had any kind of effort put into them whatsoever - gym battles and the Wild Area - just fine without needing the anime to further beat the fandumb over the head with it

Instead, the anime is focusing on the parts of the game that people were extremely divisive over: the pokémon

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Lesson to all Poke Engineers -- don't build train tracks in the middle of the wild area. Think about how many Wuloos they've probably splattered :eek:

Its curly fleece is such an effective cushion that this Pokémon could fall off a cliff and stand right back up at the bottom, unharmed.

Yeah, I think they're gonna be just fine...

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
Oooph, Go really comes off as an entitled brat in this episode. I know that he captured Scourbunny in the end, but rejecting Scourbunny at first because he wanted Mew to be his first pokemon? Yikes.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Oooph, Go really comes off as an entitled brat in this episode. I know that he captured Scourbunny in the end, but rejecting Scourbunny at first because he wanted Mew to be his first pokemon? Yikes.
*glances at the thousands of breejects circulating through Wonder Trade*

Yeah, "entitled," sure, let's go with that :p

Yeah, I think they're gonna be just fine...
There's absolutely a separate train track that purposefully goes through areas where Wooloo roam and tries to score the most points by sending them flying

People place bets on which train scores the highest

Leonhart

Imagineer
janejane6178 said:
I wish we saw more of Galar and the new Pokemon, to be honest. Maybe it will change since its just the start of the series

I feel like Wooluu was enough for this episode, honestly. Besides, this was meant to be an episode that showcased Kabigon and the Daimax mechanic more than an episode about showcasing the new Gen VIII Pokemon.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I feel like Wooluu was enough for this episode, honestly. Besides, this was meant to be an episode that showcased Kabigon and the Daimax mechanic more than an episode about showcasing the new Gen VIII Pokemon.
Im talking about the new series in general

Soniman

Break the Limit
The games already highlight the two aspects of Gen VIII that have had any kind of effort put into them whatsoever - gym battles and the Wild Area - just fine without needing the anime to further beat the fandumb over the head with it

Instead, the anime is focusing on the parts of the game that people were extremely divisive over: the pokémon
"Everything about Galar is bad so they don't need to give it focus" is not a strong argument