• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Snorlax Grows Gigantic?! The Mystery of Dynamax!! (1094)

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
Galar's got a pretty strong theme of legacy going on.

Good point, and it fits with what the anime appears to be trying to do; a return to of the past regions as well as Galar.

Remix2

There really nothing to say about this episode other then to compare this to os, xy and even sun and moon snorlax episode this is the weakest one of them all.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
There really nothing to say about this episode other then to compare this to os, xy and even sun and moon snorlax episode this is the weakest one of them all.
Does SM28 count as a snorlax episode?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So far this anime adaptation of Gen 8 has been consistently good so far. I love the animation, especially the facial expression and kick movements of Scorbunny, in this episode and I was curious how they would handle Dynamax since the games hint it takes place in these massive dens as opposed to outside. This is a pretty good introduction episode to dynamax and episode depicting Go's first Pokemon, Scorbunny.

Remix2

I feel like the animation is cutting corners, but it's made up on how expressive the characters are. I'd like to see a serious battle. Feels weird that Team Rocket isn't in every episode anymore.

I imagine the cutting corners on the animation is the result of them realizing that wasting all there animation talent on stuff that don’t matter(like the jump rope scene) which result of thing that should be well animated like Necrozma vs lunala looking stiff isn’t the best idea.

At least I hope that the case.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I imagine the cutting corners on the animation is the result of them realizing that wasting all there animation talent on stuff that don’t matter(like the jump rope scene) which result of thing that should be well animated like Necrozma vs lunala looking stiff isn’t the best idea.
Or that time during Serena & James' training episode when a shot of Ash talking was strangely very fluid animation you'd see in a special scene of a movie.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

At least I hope that the case.
The animation in this episode wasn't really bad or felt like corners were being cut tbh. The only poorly animated episode as of now is the Ivysaur one.

Remix2

The animation in this episode wasn't really bad or felt like corners were being cut tbh. The only poorly animated episode as of now is the Ivysaur one.

Ya the ivysaur episode was the closest thing to be poorly animated, the rest of it have been fine( episode 2 being really well animated) but it doesn’t have the one or two animation highlights that sun moon have every one or two episodes.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ya the ivysaur episode was the closest thing to be poorly animated, the rest of it have been fine( episode 2 being really well animated) but it doesn’t have the one or two animation highlights that sun moon have every one or two episodes.
Pikachu vs Scorbunny could be called an animation highlight, as well as Snorlax's Gmaxing

Leonhart

Imagineer
mehmeh1 said:

I didn't have any real criticisms of the animation in this episode, although I did notice that the scenery looked slightly dull. Whether it was on purpose to show Galar's colder climate or not I'm not quite sure, but the sky looked permanently grey for the majority of the episode.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I didn't have any real criticisms of the animation in this episode, although I did notice that the scenery looked slightly dull. Whether it was on purpose to show Galar's colder climate or not I'm not quite sure, but the sky looked permanently grey for the majority of the episode.
Methinks it was a jab at how London is a synonym of dark, grey skies.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Yay!!! Go finally caught Hibunny! About time he got over his unrealistic wish of catching Mew as his first Pokémon. I’m really liking Hibunny. He was really eccentric and emotional this episode.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
This isn't just Dynamax.. this is Gigantamax! I didn't expect their first Dynamax to be a Gigantamax! Now they're going to be confused on future Dynamaxes they see when there's only a size change and not form change.

Dawn looked this horrified at Ash just saying he wanted to scale a vertical cliff face (DP156). What would she be thinking now just seeing him glide up an entire Gigantamax Snorlax in no time flat with relative ease?
excellence07.jpg

Feels weird that Team Rocket isn't in every episode anymore.

Why lol? They only appeared in every episode for half of the generations that have existed.

yeah because it was a filler

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Nice nod to Bugs Bunny early in the episode (where Bunnelby is eating carrots)

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Scorbunny really stole this episode with all its little mannerisms and stubborn refusal to directly get Goh's attention despite desperately wanting him to notice it. I honestly was surprised how much I felt when Goh refused to be its trainer. I mean a wild pokemon comes all that way, gives such a heartfelt offer, and you tell it "no"? It was real gut punch. But it fits with how Goh seems to have some issues with understanding what being a pokemon trainer is.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Seeing a Bunnelby eat carrots really made me happy. Now all I need is to see Ash's Pikachu eat cheese and I'll be complete. Moo Moo Cheese is a common ingredient in Galar cuisine.