• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Snow Day: Where is Cubone's Bone? (1104)

dman_dustin

Don't they live at an apartment instead of a house?

It would definitely be cheaper than actually owning property.

And who knows they might actually own the whole building, it is big enough for Go to have a bigger room than mine (I think) and I live in a house and not an apartment, hell his apartment is bigger than the house I live in.

Plus it might be easier if they just had an apartment instead of an actual house.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Damn Go's room had like 6 monitors, the guy must some serious multi-tasking stuffs because he could get a massive monitor otherwise. But his parents eventually got proud of his son about exploring the world instead of being a shut-in when he was younger. I saw a video about a baby being very spoiled of a smartphone, so I'm aware being a shut-in isn't good for anyone's health.

I like that his Pokemon are benefitting of his problem solving with Cubone instead of just been there for being part of his collection. Yeah, Ash is reduced as a sidekick role but he was there to give back the gift that Go lost because his Scorbunny was in a hurry.

Anyways, it's a good episode for me. The highlight to me is that Go could pretty solve things on his own, even if he got to ride with Ash's Dragonite to accelerate things up. And Go's hometown looks pretty cold, just like mine's, probably less dynamic but we haven't seen much of the town anyways.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was glad that Gou used his spare Pokemon to find Karakara's bone since one of the criticisms that his character usually receives is that he doesn't use his Pokemon enough. I was actually surprised that Gou didn't capture one of the Mankey since it seemed like the episode was slowly building up to that, but at least he caught Karakara.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Now this episoe had the pokemon lost its item and became depressed cliche. But it still was really great. the scenes at the beginningn with Gou's pokemon were adorable. and I liked how he used some of them in this episode. There were a lot of hilarious moments too. Such as Scorbunny dragging Gou and Ash singing at the end. I liked how the wild pokemon helped them. I also cried because of this episode. Because of Gou's past and Cubone's sadness. This episode was really good. Way better than I expected.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I like how they gave Go's pokemon some actual personalities it was really cute to see Taillow not happy about the cold for instance lol.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
OK. Episode watched.

I have to say, I was worried Gou would hate his parents because of them being busy all the time. You know, that overdone kids show trope? But nope, he outright respects them and what they do for people.

I still want them to flesh out Gou's past more. His parents wouldn't jump to the conclusion he got into trouble for no reason, after all. They've already hinted at something back in episode 3.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I have to say, I was worried Gou would hate his parents because of them being busy all the time. You know, that overdone kids show trope? But nope, he outright respects them and what they do for people.
This anime had to avoid that, as it cannot commit to long-term family troubles that aren't even related to Pokemon. Go having a strained relationship with his parents has no place since Pokemon weren't or aren't involved.

Unlike Koharu's issues with people thinking she loves Pokemon because her father loves them too.

Henry's Journey

Reminds me my nephew's as well though my sister divorced and he is mostly a shut-in because of that.

That aside, I feel Go is kind of critique to shut-in (and even, in a way, to obessessed collectors) much like Serena was a critique for the idol industry.

Um, what? I don't see how is Go a "critique" to collectors or Serena to the idol industry? specially because this franchise is centered around collecting Pocket Monsters, Go's goal is to collect Pokemon... like UN Owen said it's probably a critique to Gen Z.

That being said this was such a enjoyable episode, I think the only time when I enjoy slice of life genre is when Pokemon does it, lol, I'm really enjoying the Pocket Monsters series, maybe it had a lazy start but it's gotten better.

J. D. Guy

So where did gou parents get the money to buy him 6 monitors?
As mentioned, since Go's parents are off doing work a lot, they probably are a well-off family financials-wise.

OK. Episode watched.

I still want them to flesh out Gou's past more. His parents wouldn't jump to the conclusion he got into trouble for no reason, after all. They've already hinted at something back in episode 3.

While Go doesn't hate his parents for them not being in his life as often as he would like (or would be considered healthy, depending), I kind of get the feeling that he still wishes they were. There may be an implication that part of Go's shut-in habits may be tied into that. He respects them and what they do, but it wouldn't necessarily mean he isn't negatively impacted by their absence in some way. (He'd technically be a "latch-key kid" if his Grandma wasn't also there.)

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

I always wondered if Japan had different cultural sentiments on those things. "Your parents are never around because the work so hard to provide for you" or something along those lines.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I think they just don't care about the 6 Mon rule anymore cause it's not a real limit in Go or really even Let's Go or SwSh due to the portable box system. They can have 6v6 rules for battles without limiting people's ability to hang out with Mons in their free time.

This. Pokémon GO allows you to have 150 Pokémon on hand at once, and can be further added to if you pay Pokecoins for extra storage. Gou is a 100% representative of that game, not to mention the player in GO also works as a researcher.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Um, what? I don't see how is Go a "critique" to collectors or Serena to the idol industry? specially because this franchise is centered around collecting Pocket Monsters, Go's goal is to collect Pokemon... like UN Owen said it's probably a critique to Gen Z.

Go can be pretty obessessive with catching Pokémon (just see how he can suddenly change). Also there seems to be some effort on making him bond even the pokémon he just throw balls at.

As for the idol industry on Japan, idols pretty much can't have a boyfriend or even think about marrying or having children without having to give up their carreer. Their lives are pratically owned by their manager. Performances do ressemble "idoling" a bit so Serena ultimately rejecting to be Yashio's pupil might be a shot at that.

I always wondered if Japan had different cultural sentiments on those things. "Your parents are never around because the work so hard to provide for you" or something along those lines.

It's pretty much this.

They also have this whole sense of community where one should put aside burdening people with personal problems.