• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Snow Day: Where is Cubone's Bone? (1104)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Nice to see Go finally earn a pokémon instead of immediately hucking a ball at it

So that's two pokémon, and two dozen cardboard statues or so that Go owns

Moving up in the world

Cardboard statues? The only cardboard statues in Gos team rn are sandile sentret and misdreavus. And considering how they are handling Go's Pokemon it's pretty evident they would appear soon too to assist Go.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Guys, listen. Y'all gotta stop rising to Twilight's provocations. Don't you see that by now that he's only in this for the lulz he gets from pissing us off? /:(
I don't think they provocations, I think they're merely bad arguments. And of course, people take issue with bad arguments.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Seeing more of Go's life outside the Institute was neat, showing what his parents do for a living and the implications of their line of work on their lives. I thought given the issues at the institute, that they'd go to fix it, but hey ho.

I do appreciate that Ash took more of a backseat in this episode, sure he helped in the second half of the episode, but this was more of a Go-oriented episode.

Was Fearow's VA the same as Guzzlord's?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
ESHrw2xWsAwuhZx.jpg

Dropping the sickest beats of 2020

I'm pretty sure they're being cynical, which some people here take for serious posts.
Don't confuse honesty with cynicism - it's a really bad trend that'd been cropping up all over the place in recent years.
Being cynical can be funny. Until it's overdone and just becomes annoying. Like it seems like trying to act cool by bashing a child's show at any instant.
Hate those kinds of people. Seems to be the cool thing to do nowadays though, which is rather pathetic. I mean, they could have fun, but that'd take way more effort than they'd be willing to expend.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Go is just one-upping Serena in every aspect, huh.

This was sweet. Go is a character that frankly gets too much hate, even for all the valid criticism you could give to his writing. I really do like him, and if he continues to get this kind of treatment in terms of character building then he’ll probably end up as a favorite. I like that he understands and respects his parents for the jobs they do, but at the same time is disappointed/sad that he doesn’t get to spend time with them. It does seem like there’s more to his story as well (parents mentioning if he got in trouble, why he never goes to school, etc.) so I hope that’s expanded on. Again, Ash & Go’s dynamic is so wholesome. They feel like close friends; it’s nice to see a friendship like that after SM’s very divided focus. The little reference to Primeape was nice, as was Go bonding with Cubone. I hope Cubone is a permanent fixture to his team; he needs it.

Overall, a great Go episode.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ha, I like how Ash mentions Mankey's can be crafty. Maybe it wasn't the writers intention, but that felt like a reference to his Primeape.

Oh it definitely was. It's the only time he's ever interacted with the species until now IIRC.

Go is just one-upping Serena in every aspect, huh.

Come back and say that after Go kisses Ash on the lips.

-

I really enjoyed this episode. Cubone was such a a good boy. I am surprised they mentioned the skull in the Pokédex entry. This was the second of Go's captures that he ended up bonding with and wasn't a drone catch. This is the Go episode I want. Go's parents seem like very nice people and are really glad Go made another friend other than Koharu. His grandma tho. She seems like she would be a fierce battler, she gives me Ash-vibes.

dentula

Something about the atmosphere with Go and Satoshi walking to the bus stop was so soothing. dunno why, but i love seeing the mundane bits of everyday life of normal people in pokemon. with the series up till now, the episodes don't really elicit much regard for regular people living in apartments while the protagonists do fantastical stuff with magical monsters.

The stew. To be honest i'd be delighted if someone prepared a meal with star-shaped carrots for me.

The scene where Cubone gets marauded by Mankey is weirdly relevant to me 'cause i played as Cubone in the PMD remake.

Satoshi's comment on Mankey "they can be crafty" ermageerrhd actual reference to anime continuity.

The Mankey caution sign at the park made me chortle.

Fearow: "AHHH. AH. AAAAHHHHHHHUH."

Guuuhhhh the wholesome levels are off the charts. I hope Go's interpersonal origin story with Cubone suggests Cubone will be a staple on his team.

Overall, this episode is full of details and good feels 100% would recommend.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I really enjoyed this episode!! It was so heartwarming and like I said in the last episode, everyone pitched in and gave it their all. Go earned Cubone’s friendship, I liked that it joined him when he was saying these were his partners.

It’s understandable how Go had been lonely in his younger years and how he is as a person. I liked learning more about him. He’s willing to change himself for the better and the influence of not just Ash and his fellow Pokémon he caught and uses more regularly has a lasting impact. Great episode!

Ash singing with the spoon got to me in the end. And Fearow’s AH AHHH!!!:p If only I saw Go’s Scyther knock out those Geodude... nobody messes with Scyther!:cool:

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The dubfor this episode was good in terms of music and dialogue, though no matter what problems it may it’s still perfect because they kept Fearow’s sub voice (meaning we actually get to hear “AAAAHHH! AHHHHHH!” in the dub)!

On a side note, it kind of sounds like Cubone’s original voice from the 4Kids dub reprises their role as Goh’s Cubone

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
This was an actual good Goh capture, with bonding all episode long.

Since Goh already had 6 Pokémon with him when he caught Cubone, it should have been automatically teleported back to Professor Cerise's Lab, not stayed here.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang