• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Snow Day: Where is Cubone's Bone? (1104)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just curious, is Go’s mom named Go-Go?

When she was calling Go to let hinm know she & his dad would be late, his Rotom phone kept saying “Go-Go, Go-Go!!” for the ringtone (which is now tied with All Might’s ringtone as one of my favorites)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

Indirect nod to Ash’s Primeape (his best OS Pokemon), Go catching one of the best Gen 1 Pokémon, and the return of Guzzlord the screaming of Fearow made this an enjoyable episode.
Which nod?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Ash telling Go about their natural wildness and how to bait them
While I appreciate baiting the Mankey with Nanab berries as a reference to Go & Let's Go, this would've been the perfect excuse to use jelly filled donuts riceballs as bait

D

Deleted member 384931

While I appreciate baiting the Mankey with Nanab berries as a reference to Go & Let's Go, this would've been the perfect excuse to use jelly filled donuts riceballs as bait
That is nice

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Go, can't you catch Pokemon faster. It took you a whole episode to catch just one. I-I can't get used to this incredibly slow pace of yours.

So what was that flashback about Go about. Was he a shut-in before he met Mew and thus rendered this revelation sort of moot.

TobyH2003

Go, can't you catch Pokemon faster. It took you a whole episode to catch just one. I-I can't get used to this incredibly slow pace of yours.

So what was that flashback about Go about. Was he a shut-in before he met Mew and thus rendered this revelation sort of moot.
I think he became a shut in due to his obsession with Mew, and got all the screens in order to track it.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
But this anime got rid of any breeding implications and simply have the eggs exist without a single hint that it came from a parent. It's like a worse example of the stork tale.
True
He can still watch and hatch all the eggs anyway

-------
Apparently that intro with Ash and Go is going to appear in every episode from now on, or at least for a while
It might get old but it looks so cool I don't bother

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Glued to a bunch of screens, not social, lives with a grandmother while parents work away ... Is this a critique of Gen Z? Cause I feel like it is. This is exactly how my nephew's family operates.

Also, is Go's family all movement puns? His parents work for the Go-Go company which is hilarious.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The purpose of Satoshi being there was to show Go's parents that they don't have to worry about their son being a lonely shut-in anymore. Didn't expect it to be that extreme though lmao man was rocking some serious gamer set up.

Looked to me more like hacker stuff.

1). Go isn't quite a trainer that is limited to 6 Pokemon, kind of like Alder (though on more technological basis(, and thus perhaps Sakuragi gave Go some researcher powers of being able to carry more than 6 Pokemon. I mean that's kind of how it already works since he had all his Pokemon in his bedroom in the bug episode.

Pokémon Go lets you store up to 150 pokémon (which you can increase by using coins) so that doesn't surprise me.

Also, how much do monitors like that cost? I assume a lot.

Kid must be well-off.

His parents work on IT. Considering how much technology is important in that universe, I wouldn't doubt if they had some very good income.

Probably the same place Ash's mother got the money to fund his travels for several regions.

My personal theory is that the reason Sakuragi has Ash and Go around is that they either pay less for travel expenses or nothing at all duo being kids.

Glued to a bunch of screens, not social, lives with a grandmother while parents work away ... Is this a critique of Gen Z? Cause I feel like it is. This is exactly how my nephew's family operates.

Reminds me my nephew's as well though my sister divorced and he is mostly a shut-in because of that.

That aside, I feel Go is kind of critique to shut-in (and even, in a way, to obessessed collectors) much like Serena was a critique for the idol industry.