• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Snow Way Out (066)

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
I was confused by that too when I first watched it. I think it was probably for marketing purposes. At that point in time Charmander was probably far more popular than Charizard, so since those episodes weren't really in the story-line of the show much they decided to bring Charmander back?

That's just a theory of course, and could be dead wrong. *Shrugs*

omg I know right, I had wondered that for many years, it was so confusing! lol that was weird....but cool.

*~Silver*~

omg I know right, I had wondered that for many years, it was so confusing! lol that was weird....but cool.

Yeah. xD I've now been told that it was because Electric Soldier Porygon messed up the airing times with its seizure problems, so that's why Charizard was still Charmander. The episode just aired at the wrong time.

I still think I had a pretty good, and rather reasonable theory though! xD

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
This is a good episode, and it shows the love of Ash's Pokemon for their trainer. However, Ash shouldn't have tried to get Pikachu back in his Poke Ball, Ash knows how much Pikachu hates that by now. But Ash deserved the cold problems, because of his stubbornness.

Emotional episode, 9/10.
Ash knew that Pikachu wouldn't like it, but he also knew that Pikachu would be better off inside the Pokeball. Sometimes what is best for someone may not be what they want.

NPT

Just a member
I really liked this episode because this episode mostly focused on only Ash and his Pokémon. Also, it's good to see Ash on his own for a while.

The best part of this episode was the scene in the cave. It's great when Bulbasaur, Charmender, Squirtle and Pidgeotto were trying to warm Ash up when he was freezing in the cave, it was so touching. The cave scene was one of the most memorable scenes from the Kanto saga in my opinion.

It's sad how Ash had to spend the whole night in a cold cave, but Misty and Brock spent the whole night in a hot spring. But still, it was a very good episode.

The scene where Ash and his Pokemon are all huddled up trying to keep warm was definitely the cutest scene ever!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Aside from the faux-emotional moments between Ash and his Pokemon here, I actually liked Team Rocket's scenes; seeing them in such a bad situation made me feel sorry for them, and Jessie's snow meals from her childhood made me cackle. Seeing glimpses of TR's past is always interesting in my view.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
I loved the scene with Ash and his Pokemon in the cave.Jessie making meals out of snow was funny. 7/10.

Gillachu

Banned
Meh. I didn't like how Brock and Misty got shafted just so Ash and TR could get more screen time. I liked the blizzard scenes, though.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow I liked seeing Ash's friends in a snow setting and I especially liked learning about Jessie's childhood. Seeing Ash's pokemon keeping him warm in the cave was a sweet moment. :3

JudySpell

Banned
Ash and his Pokemon huddling for warmth in the cave was a tender moment but I didn't like that Ash's friends didn't do much here. 6/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Snowy locations were rare in Kanto, so I liked seeing the adventures of Satoshi in the blizzard and freezing cave, although the lack of any Ice-type Pokemon was strange. Musashi having an obsession with snow snacks was interesting, mainly because we didn't know much about her past until now.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I found this episode to be frightening at first since Ash had to manage to survive a powerful blizzard. But what really made me feel in shock is when Charmander had to sacrifice its flame burning and use it as a firewood.

Alloutℯ

Banned
For a snowy episode, you'd think we would have seen an Articuno or something that made sense. I hated how Ash and Jessie got the most focus while everyone else felt minor.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I wonder why Takeshi and Kasumi were ignored during the majority of this episode. I don't see why they couldn't have joined Satoshi in the cave during the snowstorm, and the fact that Takeshi's Iwark dug up a hot spring seemed bizarre given Iwark's fear of water.

Jessie's mom getting a cameo was cool even if we didn't see her face. When Ash was hugged by his Pokemon in the cave I almost worried that they would all freeze together.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jessie's mom getting a cameo was cool even if we didn't see her face. When Ash was hugged by his Pokemon in the cave I almost worried that they would all freeze together.

I'm not convinced that the woman in Musashi's flashback was her mother since that wasn't stated in the original version of the episode.