• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Snow Way Out (066)

Leonhart

Imagineer
According to Dogasu's backback the close captions in the Japanese version do indeed identify the woman as Musashi's mother.

Then that makes the timeline slightly confusing since we know that she left Musashi to fend for herself at some point to pursue Mew for the Rocket-dan. I had assumed that it was while Musashi was still a child though, because Miyamoto (Musashi's mother) looks young in her radio drama artwork.

gentwoer

Then that makes the timeline slightly confusing since we know that she left Musashi to fend for herself at some point to pursue Mew for the Rocket-dan. I had assumed that it was while Musashi was still a child though, because Miyamoto (Musashi's mother) looks young in her radio drama artwork.

Keep in mind the episode would have been originally written well before the radio drama even though it ended up airing months after. Probably a lack of communication between writers or something.

Daizy

I call you honey
So Brock & Misty found a hot spring yet Ash was almost killed in the blizzard. What an unfair situation. And I've never understood how an igloo can keep you warm like it did with Team Rocket.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
By the way, what the heck is with Bulbapedia saying this is a special episode? Didn't it just air out of order due to the Jynx thing?

Leonhart

Imagineer
gentwoer said:
Keep in mind the episode would have been originally written well before the radio drama even though it ended up airing months after. Probably a lack of communication between writers or something.

That's probably what happened behind the scenes. I'm just sour that these kind of inconsistencies existed during Kanto since the writing was usually spot-on back then, to me anyway.

I always thought this episode was oddly quiet. Like some scenes seemed too calm for this series since the anime is usually restless and constantly shifting between dramatic scenes but here everything was more settled. I didn't mind that at all it's just something different. I really loved Jessie's desire to make food from ice since it shows us how poor she was when she was younger.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
I always thought this episode was oddly quiet. Like some scenes seemed too calm for this series since the anime is usually restless and constantly shifting between dramatic scenes but here everything was more settled.

I think this episode might've seemed that way because of the blizzard setting. The Japanese version had less music than most episodes so that we could hear the sounds of the wind and snow falling, although the English dub ruined that by playing music constantly as they usually do.

Ash getting separated from his friends was the worse thing that could've happened since he was all alone with just his Pokemon and I didn't like that sappy moment where they all cuddled together for warmth. I did like the scenes showing Team Rocket's struggle to survive though and how Jessie was cooking up snow food because they had nothing else to eat when they were in their igloo. I also really liked how death was actually mentioned in this episode. 6/10

Jnmisty

I actually like this episode. Ash put his own pokémon before himself and tried to get pikachu to get in to its pokeball. Pikachu rather stay out to keep Ash warm. Plus his other pokemon came back out as well. It was an emotional scene right there. When I think about, it doesn’t really surprised me that Ash didn’t get sick with a bad cold from being in that cold cave all night long. Plus it kind of serves him right to go up a harsh mountain path, getting lost while chasing after Pikachu, and nearly freezing in a cave. While on the other hand, Brock and Misty, tried and failed to convince Ash to go back down the mountain and take the other road instead. They found an underground hot spring and warmed up comfortably.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Speaking of the warmth scene in the cave, I wonder why Hitokage's flame was slowly getting weaker. You'd think that him being a Fire-type would mean that he would have unlimited fire powers.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I will always remember Jessie mentioning her mother in this episode and thinking that her snow food was really sad because it was plain to see that she had a poor childhood.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Watched this a bit before Christmas as a holiday treat. Not as dramatic as I remember, but still sweet.