• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Snubbull Snobbery! (126)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Snubbull Snobbery!

Still on their path to Violet City, Ash & Co. find a Snubbull clinging to a Growlithe's tail. They decide to find the owner of the Snubbull and return it, but when the Snubbull goes missing again...they have to get it. Can they do it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Sebok

Banned
I just loved Snubbull. I think "Pug" or "Bulldog" would desribe one better. Meowth's freaking out whenever she bit him was funny.

S

stantler

i think-da da da they is a tad bit of advertizing in this...

when ash asked how many rooms they were she said oh ask jeeves he knows everything

just a thought it was a good episode

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I liked this episode. :) Snubbull was a good recurring character for seasons three and four. It's interesting how her character arc turned out in the end. Too bad it was so hard on Meowth's tail, but snubbull was cute, and it was interesting how I couldn't tell what she liked more- Meowth or just his tail. :D I liked Madam Muchmoney more in her second episode, but she was a pretty interesting character too. I also liked the twerps' reactions when they saw Winthrop snubbull's picture. LOL

Shikamaru

Strawberry Milk
I also have to say that thsi a good episode. It was nice seeing snubull making reappearences in jhoto. My favorite scene has to be when the rich ladie's snubull is with that snubull that looked like a gentleman with a doggie treat in his pocket.

LOL, the first time Snubbull bites Meowth's tail and it just keeping following that tail

Battra

A good episode to introduce Snubbull, I liked how the portrayed it as not liking the rich lifestyle and rebelling, I also liked how Jesse and Meowth were wanting the rich lifestyle but James kept saying it's not easy growing up rich and having everything. I got a laugh out of Snubbull biting Meowth's tail and poor Meowth being used as bait to catch the Snubbull, then Arbok getting its tail bitten to. And I enjoyed seeing Snubbull become a recurring character in series after it took off from the garden to chase after Meowth and his tail, they've made Snubbull the Jigglypuff of Johto. Also anyone else noticed that once again 4kids changed the name of riceballs but instead of calling them donuts they called them popcornballs this time.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Ehee, I love Snubbull! :D Madam Muchmoney kinda weirds me out, with her extravagance (and what kind of name is Winthrop?) so I sympathize as to why Snubbull ran away. Good episode overall ^^

pokemon fan 132

This was excellent episode having a lot of funny elements in it.Introduction of Snubbull was great and i liked how he later continue to reappear in Johto just like Jigglypuff did during Kanto(though not nearly as long like Jigglypuff did).Madam Muchmoney was kinda strange,i can easily see why Snubbull run away.Anyway it was also interesting to see how Jessie and Meowth wanted rich lifestyle while James wasnt too much keen on this idea commenting how its not easy growing up and being rich.

Nevertheless,the whole episode was quite unique and offered many unpredictable and funny situations.It was funny to see Snubbull biting Meowth tail.Poor Meowth this must have hurt.

Raikipper

BSB Lover
Funny funny episode. Poor Snubbull. Hehe, she's kind of like James, but with the sexes reversed and the male Snubbull's just boring instead of abusive.

Actually, I'd say that Snubbull has more in common with Jessiebell. True, there are some definite James parallels too - she had a rich and lavish lifestyle forced upon her which she actually found more restrictive than anything else, was about to be pushed into an unwilling arranged marriage, and decided (temporarily, anyway) to run away from it all...but she's clearly the abusive one in the equation. She clearly regarded Meowth in a similar fashion to how Jessiebell regarded James - basically, as a plaything at her disposal, with little regard for how he actually felt about things.

I wonder what Snubbull's fixation with biting tails was all about anyway? It was weird beyond words! Poor Meowth, I felt so sorry for him.

I did actually really like Snubbull to begin with - in the end, as Johto went on, I think that I just wound up resenting how pointless her character ultimately turned out to be, after all that build-up. The first few times I saw the Johto Journies opening sequence, I got all excited, since the fact that Snubbull was shown alongside Team Rocket led me to believe that they were going to catch a Snubbull and that it would become a regular member of their line-up. That really thrilled me, I guess because it would have been so drastically different to the kind of Pokemon they'd owned up until then. Although Jessie did express a desire to own Snubbull in "Tunnel Vision!, no such thing ever happened. In the end, all Snubbull actually did was wander around for a bit, much like Jigglypuff, crossing the major characters' paths now and then, until her character arc came to an abrupt and equally pointless halt. I guess that, since her owner hadn't been intentionally cruel to her and clearly did feel genuine affection for her, the writers felt that it was only right for them to be reunited in the end.

Last edited:

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I thought Snubbull was a cute character, and it definetley had a thing for Meowth.

It made a pleasant change from Jigglypuff.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I liked how they introduced Snubbull living in a rich environment and being spoiled like crazy. I think it is also a little odd on how Snubbull's owner didn't even have a clue that Snubbull was unhappy. However, it was funny whenever Snubbull would bite Meowth's tail. I am also glad that Snubbull managed to run away from home.