• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So about Wallace being Champion

Sham

The Guardian of War
Well I'll doubt you'll get it then coz I don't see them mentioning it again since they pretty clearly laid out the picture
I personally never cared what happened and I feel like the foundation was there for her to beat Alder. Steven/Wallace I didn’t really care about. I just curious about others opinion.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Same with Iris, Drayden just explains that Iris is the strongest person in Unova.

He didn't say that, and I specifically wrote a bunch of posts about that bit of dialogue back when the episode aired.

How many times was Wallace referred to as the Hoenn Champion anyways?

I think literally just once. It was always considered a pretty throwaway detail.

Sham

The Guardian of War
He didn't say that, and I specifically wrote a bunch of posts about that bit of dialogue back when the episode aired.

I think literally just once. It was always considered a pretty throwaway detail.
Not sure. Drayden just says “she ranked the strongest in Unova” and that last time I watched this was in the dub so don’t remember what the original said. Either way she’s the Champion.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Not sure. Drayden just says “she ranked the strongest in Unova” and that last time I watched this was in the dub so don’t remember what the original said. Either way she’s the Champion.

He said she's the Champion and then defined "Champion" as "the top trainer in Isshu". That last bit was not meant to be a separate clause about Iris specifically.

Sham

The Guardian of War
He said she's the Champion and then defined "Champion" as "the top trainer in Isshu". That last bit was not meant to be a separate clause about Iris specifically.
Well if the Champion is the top trainer in Unova and Iris is the Champion that would be a pretty common sense implication. Nonetheless there are plenty of times in BW where Alder is described as the strongest in Unova and if Iris took his place then again common sense but regardless her title is the same

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Well if the Champion is the top trainer in Unova and Iris is the Champion that would be a pretty common sense implication.

The line just means that there's no higher rank above Champion. You're not supposed to take anything from it that you didn't already know, it's just a description of the term.

I feel like we've been through this before.

Sham

The Guardian of War
The line just means that there's no higher rank above Champion. You're not supposed to take anything from it that you didn't already know, it's just a description of the term.

I feel like we've been through this before.
Ah, well I’d like to think she’s the strongest in Unova even if it wasn’t directly said

Leonhart

Imagineer
It does irk me slightly that the writers can't seem to make up their minds when it comes to the Champions in particular since it seems like they're playing a game of musical chairs at this point, and given the trend I wouldn't be too surprised if Iris is no longer the Isshu Champion the next time we see her, and Adeku is made the regional Champion once again.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It does irk me slightly that the writers can't seem to make up their minds when it comes to the Champions in particular since it seems like they're playing a game of musical chairs at this point, and given the trend I wouldn't be too surprised if Iris is no longer the Isshu Champion the next time we see her, and Adeku is made the regional Champion once again.

Oh, that's definitely happening if either character appears in the anime after we get a BW remake. They've made it very clear that whatever is in the most recent games go for these things.

If we get a Let's Go sequel set in Jouto Wataru might become Champion again too.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Oh, that's definitely happening if either character appears in the anime after we get a BW remake. They've made it very clear that whatever is in the most recent games go for these things.
That’s only if they don’t decide to remake BW2 (which is likely or they’re combining both aspects). The reason why they got away with doing that with Steven and Wallace is because Steven is never stated as Champion in his original appearance (say what you want about “implication” but he was never said so in AG). It’s the same how Iris was never Champion in the original BW anime.

Now Iris and Alder were both called Champions.

Additionally Kanto/Johto never had a “official Champion” besides Lance. So those are different examples

Last edited:
For everyone in any region, the champion is their representation and the strongest, until otherwise stated, Iris is the strongest trainer in Unova.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Under normal circumstances, I won't mind... But Wallace said that he can go toe-to-toe against Steven, then get rekt offscreen by Ash in the same episode is kinda inconsistent... I mean, watch Ash struggle against Steven in M8...

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Under normal circumstances, I won't mind... But Wallace said that he can go toe-to-toe against Steven, then get rekt offscreen by Ash in the same episode is kinda inconsistent... I mean, watch Ash struggle against Steven in M8...
The battle was off-screened so the viewer doesn't know how it went, plus Satoshi had his strongest with a type advantage while said Water-type ace is a Pokemon that thrives in a body of water when it comes to combat (look at the one in BF and end of AG; water battlefields) and "on-par" could be a very relative and loose term either way. Maybe Daigo and Mikuri were down to one-a-piece or maybe Daigo straight up elimated all his Pokemon while only losing three, who know.

Jeal

To become champion, don't you need to win the league first? What, leagues are monthly events now? How much time between BW and now?

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
To become champion, don't you need to win the league first? What, leagues are monthly events now? How much time between BW and now?

I don’t think this is really true. Alder and Drayden probably chose her as Champion as long as she was able to prove herself. Steven getting the title from Wallace doesn’t feel like a League win either.