• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So are Pokegirls just not returning anymore?

MockingJ

Banned
Yeah why did Alexa get a special episode to herself featuring Yveltal? That whole episode was a waste and Serena should've gotten a special where she arrived in Hoenn and met a Hoenn Legendary or Lisia.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I think that by the end of the XY era, the writers just weren't interested in promoting OR/AS anymore. So perhaps that's why we didn't get a special episode featuring Serena in Houen. I would've rather seen her in a special post-XY episode over Citron, honestly.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
I think that by the end of the XY era, the writers just weren't interested in promoting OR/AS anymore. So perhaps that's why we didn't get a special episode featuring Serena in Houen. I would've rather seen her in a special post-XY episode over Citron, honestly.
I think they probably felt that they had given OR/AS enough promotion from Alain going to Hoenn in his special episode.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
That excuse is pretty pitiful and I think they know it too. If Clemont can get a whole special of basically doing nothing with Cilan, then so could Serena.

Imo ORAS wasn’t promoted enough. There were those ME specials, and Sawyer and Steven, but I really wanted someone- Serena needed another capture the most- to catch a Hoenn starter or Pokémon (Mudkip needed that redemption...and never got it). It was a free excuse to have more Pokémon on the cast, but that was wasted. They also had a perfect opportunity to have Serena meet Lisia, Wallace, and maybe May while doing her first Contest in a special...and that was wasted too.

I hope they can give Lillie/Mallow/Lana justice after SM, but I’m not holding my breath.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Honestly let’s just face it: maybe they were just done with Serena. They probably got tired of writing about her and decided not to. Sure she has a lot (questionable) popularity but nobody wants to write about a character they are no longer invested in. That seems like the most plausible. They had the material to give her a special; they didn’t. They could of given her a cameo instead of giving Misty and Brock TWO...they didn’t.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Honestly let’s just face it: maybe they were just done with Serena. They probably got tired of writing about her and decided not to. Sure she has a lot (questionable) popularity but nobody wants to write about a character they are no longer invested in.
I honestly got the feeling that they really didn't want to invest in her character at all with how she was handled particularly in the first year of XY, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason why she didn't get a special.

Sham

I honestly got the feeling that they really didn't want to invest in her character with how she was handled particularly in the first year of XY, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason why she didn't get a special.
I’ve always had that theory they didn’t put that much investment in her. Between like you said the first year of XY, having her practically breeze through diet Contests and then her last focus episode was practically a 360 with her goal going from being Kalos Queen to making people smile; while also deciding to go to Hoenn.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Honestly let’s just face it: maybe they were just done with Serena. They probably got tired of writing about her and decided not to. Sure she has a lot (questionable) popularity but nobody wants to write about a character they are no longer invested in. That seems like the most plausible. They had the material to give her a special; they didn’t. They could of given her a cameo instead of giving Misty and Brock TWO...they didn’t.
I'll be worried if they carry that kind of mentality for the current/future companions as well, especially since we already have the National Pokedex controversy for SwSh not too long ago.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Poke Master 7 said:
I think they probably felt that they had given OR/AS enough promotion from Alain going to Hoenn in his special episode.

That's probably it. When it comes to Iris, I wanted her to appear in the second Mega Evolution special with Alain instead of Daigo appearing there since Iris went chasing after Rayquaza at the end of her special episode.

SatoSereFan224888

I think it is happening. I think Serena was written off with the start of Sun & Moon. Something tells me something bad happened to her in Hoenn but it's kept secret. Unless Sword & Shield will have Ash much older like around 20 years old where's he now a tutor for young trainers just starting their journeys and he's married to Serena but that seems unlikely.

SatoSereFan224888

I assure you this didn’t happen.
But somehow I feel past girls are being written off. It's like they vanished into nothing.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
That excuse is pretty pitiful and I think they know it too. If Clemont can get a whole special of basically doing nothing with Cilan, then so could Serena.

It's funny because it's true!

Yveltal and Xerneas should have appeared in the anime in general, Zygarde didn't need all the focus it was given.... not at all. Xerneas and Yveltal should have been had big appearances too. And if Yveltal is so 'evil' then make him the antagonist, damn it! This special is easily the worst special, all of the rest are enjoyable for the most part. But this one wasn't needed at all, and felt like a lazy way of giving Xerneas and Yveltal's obligatory appearances.

Replace that with a special where Serena goes to Hoenn, meets Lisia, gets a Mudkip, and participates in her first contest.... and it's an instant improvement!

I think it is happening. I think Serena was written off with the start of Sun & Moon. Something tells me something bad happened to her in Hoenn but it's kept secret. Unless Sword & Shield will have Ash much older like around 20 years old where's he now a tutor for young trainers just starting their journeys and he's married to Serena but that seems unlikely.

And this is why the rest of us Amour shippers get treated like a joke.
Serena's not coming to Galar, sorry. If Dawn and Brock didn't return after leaving, then she's definitely not.

Blastmaster

Part of me thinks it has something to do with the how much the tone of each series clashes. Iris's relationship with Ash revolves around constant teasing, which would be out of place in a series where Ash is super hyped up by everyone. Serena's relationship revolves around constant praise, which would be out of place when Ash is silly and the butt of tons of slapstick.

Though I have no idea why Serena didn't at least get a side special.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
It's funny because it's true!

Yveltal and Xerneas should have appeared in the anime in general, Zygarde didn't need all the focus it was given.... not at all. Xerneas and Yveltal should have been had big appearances too. And if Yveltal is so 'evil' then make him the antagonist, damn it! This special is easily the worst special, all of the rest are enjoyable for the most part. But this one wasn't needed at all, and felt like a lazy way of giving Xerneas and Yveltal's obligatory appearances.

Replace that with a special where Serena goes to Hoenn, meets Lisia, gets a Mudkip, and participates in her first contest.... and it's an instant improvement

Zygarde, Puni-chan, and Greninja...the unholy trinity of spotlight hogs. That’s why I’m so glad they’ve started doing the AU movies. Instead of the Legendaries being confined to same-y rinse and repeat “friendship is the most powerful bond!!” movies; we can actually get proper game adapted arcs instead of them appearing in a movie and then being shoehorned into the anime at the last second.

That godawful special completely sucked the potential out of a good Serena side story. She was bamboozled out of getting a Mudkip and I’ll maintain that opinion until she gets one

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
The thing about the anime is friendship will not always get you a win - a perfect example is Ash VS Paul at Lake Acuity.
Chimchar evolves, but it is so weakened that despite it's bond with Ash it couldn't even knock out another Pokemon on Paul's team other than a tired Ursaring, so it goes down to it's former teammate electabuzz.
The legendaries need some sort of side story that lets us connect with them as characters, some sort of unique personality.

SatoSereFan224888

And this is why the rest of us Amour shippers get treated like a joke.
Serena's not coming to Galar, sorry. If Dawn and Brock didn't return after leaving, then she's definitely not.

I hear you. I feel the writers are shoving AureliaShipping but there's no chemistry between Lillie & Ash. Plus Lillie is nowhere as cute as Mallow or Lana. If Lillie goes to Galar, I will be super pissed and never watch the Pokemon anime ever again. She doesn't deserve to go to Galar.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Wow, I am just now realizing that Brock didn’t get a cameo in BW. I guess I was happy Dawn got one, I didn’t even think of Brock even after all of these years lol.

Sham

I hear you. I feel the writers are shoving AureliaShipping but there's no chemistry between Lillie & Ash. Plus Lillie is nowhere as cute as Mallow or Lana. If Lillie goes to Galar, I will be super pissed and never watch the Pokemon anime ever again. She doesn't deserve to go to Galar.
This post smells like onions (kidding) but in all seriousness our girl is too good for Ash.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I know many of you are following the rules, but I'll just throw this out there as a friendly reminder.

This topic is fine for now, but let's try to leave shipping out of this discussion.

There is a shipping community here to discuss shipping topics. Character bashing is also not needed. Character bashing just leads to senseless arguments.

That is all I wanted to say. This is just a friendly reminder. That is all. :)