• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So are Pokegirls just not returning anymore?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Apperantely the previous Poke girls, besides Misty, don't exist anymore.
I blame this to the games, especially LGPE. If the games could make you fight against all the previous regional protagonists/champions/gym leaders, perhaps the other Pokegirls could have a better chance to make appearences.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Emelie said:
I don't get why people keep using the distance between regions as an argument as to why a character might return?

Cilan was in Johto (Japan) and went to Kalos (France). Brock and Misty was in Kanto (Japan) and went to Alola (Hawaii). Dawn was in Hoenn (Japan) and went to Unova (USA).

So by logic shouldn't distance be irrelevant? Especially for Serena since she is so in love with Satoshi.

Generally, I don't think that distance should matter in terms of how likely certain characters are to return in future sagas, although I still find it hard to believe that Serena would travel all the way to Galar from Houen just to reunite with Satoshi. Her crush notwithstanding, she has no reason to make that kind of trip from my perspective.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Generally, I don't think that distance should matter in terms of how likely certain characters are to return in future sagas, although I still find it hard to believe that Serena would travel all the way to Galar from Houen just to reunite with Satoshi. Her crush notwithstanding, she has no reason to make that kind of trip from my perspective.
I mean the whole reason she left her house and travelled several cities was to return a napkin to him; so it’s in the realm of possibilities.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I mean the whole reason she left her house and travelled several cities was to return a napkin to him; so it’s in the realm of possibilities.

It has been mentioned multiple times that the reason she left home was to avoid being a rhyhorn racer her mother was forcing her to become and ash just was a catalyst, so i dont know where "the whole reason she left her house and travelled several cities was to return a napkin to him" BS comes from.

Dawn's cameo in BW also didn't have any main reason, but she did still came just to compete in a small tournament. Writers could write some similar story for both her and iris to come. If writers want for a character to come then they can bring them regardless of how pointless it is.

Leonhart

Imagineer
janejane6178 said:
I would love to see spin off series for each of the Poke girls

I suppose that we could get some kind of Hoso expansion with episodes featuring the previous female traveling companions on their journeys. Although given Haruka's seiyuu's health problems, they would probably skip her and focus on Kasumi, Hikari, Iris, etc instead.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
She literally said that was reason why she begun traveling in XY07 to Clemont. The “BS” is from the show itself.

Yeah and in episode 53, 79,112 and 113 she literally said that the reason she left home was to avoid being rhyhorn racer, how about that.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Yeah, but I would still take this over her staying at home for whole series. I mean she was portrayed as the main Pokegirl since XY001, before she encounters Ash during the series, regardless how ridiculous the reasoning of her traveling can be.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
So having watched three of those four episodes (one of them being filler) she didn’t say anything to contradict XY07

Lol she said in 53 when she was racing on skiddo against her mother, in episode 79 and XYZ ep 19 when talking to her mother and XYZ episode 20 when talking to that old lady she said that she wanted to avoid rhyhorn racing.

Emelie

Bookworm
Misty was busy with her gym but she still had time to travel all the way to Alola. I guess it's because they invited her but why can't Satoshi invite Serena to visit him in Alola or Galar?

Is he too embarassed to look at her face after the goodbye kiss at the airport? :oops: Or does he prefer Misty, his old flame? :p The questions that will never be answered... :rolleyes:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Misty was busy with her gym but she still had time to travel all the way to Alola. I guess it's because they invited her but why can't Satoshi invite Serena to visit him in Alola or Galar?

Is he too embarassed to look at her face after the goodbye kiss at the airport? :oops: Or does he prefer Misty, his old flame? :p The questions that will never be answered... :rolleyes:

He didn't invited them once, prof oak invited them fist and lana invited them in second cameo, he hasn't bothered keeping in touch with his old companions atleast onscreen (dont know about offscreen land).

Sham

The Guardian of War
Lol she said in 53 when she was racing on skiddo against her mother, in episode 79 and XYZ ep 19 when talking to her mother and XYZ episode 20 when talking to that old lady she said that she wanted to avoid rhyhorn racing.
Which doesn’t contradict anything I said. She can leave the house for more than one reason. Seeing Ash on TV is what made her leave her house, hence why she kept the napkin for so long in hopes of returning it. Grace assumingely was training her for awhile (which still didn’t make her leave her house) but once she saw Ash fall from the the tower she decided to travel. Even when Ash asked her where she was going next, she had no clue where she was going even proving further that was her initial objective of traveling.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Which doesn’t contradict anything I said. She can leave the house for more than one reason. Seeing Ash on TV is what made her leave her house, hence why she kept the napkin for so long in hopes of returning it. Grace assumingely was training her for awhile (which still didn’t make her leave her house) but once she saw Ash fall from the the tower she decided to travel. Even when Ash asked her where she was going next, she had no clue where she was going even proving further what was initial objective of traveling.

Well and i always said ash acted as a catalyst for her to leave her home and you said "the whole reason she travelled" and i just said you are wrong, you are just discounting her character development in the series.

Emelie

Bookworm
It's true that Satoshi hasn't kept in touch with any of his old friends but then again he also didn't kiss any of them except for Serena. :p

I just think it's awkward how they kissed each other and then never talked to each other ever again LOL. It's kind of sad in a way, I hope they can still be friends even if he didn't like her back.

Sham

The Guardian of War
It's true that Satoshi hasn't kept in touch with any of his old friends but then again he also didn't kiss any of them except for Serena. :p

I just think it's awkward how they kissed each other and then never talked to each other ever again LOL. It's kind of sad in a way, I hope they can still be friends even if he didn't like her back.
The question I’ve always had was the kiss even mutual? Sure he smiled but that was about the end of it. He went on with his life and went back to normal. I definitely think them not revealing Ash’s feelings was a cop out because they didn’t want to anger either side of the fanbase.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi

Nah, it just that the anime producers priotize more of the merch from the games over than how the characters felt about the others or the logic of their reappearences. And I don't care about Satoshi and his feelings, I care more about the Pokegirls and their interactions, but the anime fails to deliver these.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
The question I’ve always had was the kiss even mutual? Sure he smiled but that was about the end of it. He went on with his life and went back to normal. I definitely think them not revealing Ash’s feelings was a cop out because they didn’t want to anger either side of the fanbase.

I dont think it was to not anger since they themselves promote satosere way too much compared to other pair (even after the series was over), and they only care about there home fanbase i even doubt they even care about international fanbase, as's cop out reaction was a typical shonen hero's response who is just too much focused on his goal rather than romance.

Emelie

Bookworm

Yeah, Serena didn't ask for Satoshi's consent. I think this is a little bit of a problem even if Satoshi didn't seem to mind. I hope this didn't inspire any clueless kids watching to kiss somebody without asking if it's OK first.

But then again Satoshi is also giving her the cold shoulder if he doesn't give her an answer. Isn't that even worse than him just rejecting her? I personally feel that way. Am I really supposed to believe that Serena wouldn't be hurt if Satoshi ignored her?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill

I mean, what else was he supposed to do after that? Be angry or upset after he travelled a whole region with her? It’s pretty clear that it was a quick decision on Serena’s part, and given that she would’ve fell down the escalator if the kiss was more than three seconds, Ash couldn’t react. XY was a typical shounen series with a typical unrequited love shounen subplot, so it makes sense they left the ship ambiguous to adhere to that.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I mean, what else was he supposed to do after that? Be angry or upset after he travelled a whole region with her? It’s pretty clear that it was a quick decision on Serena’s part, and given that she would’ve fell down the escalator if the kiss was more than three seconds, Ash couldn’t react. XY was a typical shounen series with a typical unrequited love shounen subplot, so it makes sense they left the ship ambiguous to adhere to that.
He's oblivious simple as that. The only thing he thinks is "fight fight fight" and Pikachu is the most important thing for him to the point that any girls or boys are just friends to him (I know there's Giselle but it was a gag). And for me who's also a Street Fighter fan, there's a character that literally just act like him (Ryu) so such character trope isn't new.