1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

So are Pokegirls just not returning anymore?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Sham, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Sonnas

Sonnas Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering why the anime made that video that seemed like Ash was going to win...only for him to lose like why make that video in the first place if you knew he was going to lose?

MockingJ likes this.
  2. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Don't know, but it did succeed in making people think that Ash was going to win. Now, back on topic. Considering that the next saga will include all regions, we might see some past Pokegirls returning, but I don't know.

MockingJ likes this.
  3. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Even the animators were disapointed by the result.

4. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

Given the possibility that the new saga might be a reboot, it seems that if Haruka, Hikari or the other female companions do show up again, they'll be replaced by new versions of their old personas. The thought that we might never see the old versions of those characters again is depressing, even though the odds of the old Haruka returning were already slim to begin with.

Firefo×Fennekin, Sonnas and MockingJ like this.
  5. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Well of course the outcry wasn't major in DP or BW since Ash only make Top 4 and Top 8 in those series, respectively. But he made Top 2 in XYZ so people got mad that he was so close to winning that time.

Firefo×Fennekin and Sonnas like this.
  6. Sonnas

Sonnas Well-Known Member

But weren't they the ones that made it and knew about it or they knew and they were dissapointed about it?
    Yeah that makes more sense.

Firefo×Fennekin likes this.
  7. AznKei

AznKei Rabi-Ribi's Cocoa is cute! ^_^

I think it's more about the show being more than 20 years that existed and some fans used that milestone so that he can really finish his journey and start a new series with a new protagonist.
    But the directors and writers have more power/control about the leagues outcomes than the animators, since they're just animating the characters.

8. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Outcry was also in addition to this the title of that episode not to mention the fact that ash always beats his rival who usually beats him throughout the region in the league (gary, paul and trip), and lastley when it was revealed that gen 7 dont have any gyms and trails were introduced so people at that time thought KL was going to be last league.

I dont think animatiors have any right in this, its the directors and the production team who orders writers what to do.

9. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

That, and a lot of fans thought that Satoshi was at his peak in Kalos given all his training and his ability to sync with Gekkouga. So they expected him to win based on how powerful he was in that saga.

Frankly though, I don't think that fan backlash really affects the series overall however, because if it did then most female companions probably would've returned more frequently given their huge fanbases and the interest from fans to see them again.

10. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ "Christina"

Reboot or not I'm not really expecting to see any of the companions to return anymore

11. Lunalah

Lunalah Well-Known Member

What video are you talking about?

12. Didn't they learn a thing from BW, that Rebooting doesn't work?

13. game3524

game3524 Active Member

It worked for Movie 20.

maartjeverhoef likes this.
  14. AznKei

AznKei Rabi-Ribi's Cocoa is cute! ^_^

It rebooted after the show went for 20 years to the point that most fans except the old ones know Ash's origins. Try 5 years instead, and let's see if it works as well. And I see BW more like a reset than a reboot because Pikachu is still with him instead of Ash started his 1st journey with his very 1st Pokemon.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  15. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

BW wasn't a reboot though so what are you implying?

Lunalah and Emelie like this.
  16. Sonnas

Sonnas Well-Known Member

17. Lunalah

Lunalah Well-Known Member

18. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Maybe it's part of giving the long-term watchers fanservice-have the now adult watchers smile seeing a companion they haven't seen in ages, so they wait a while for the generations. However because genwunner pandering is a thing, so far they've only done it with Brock and Misty

19. Hard to believe that none of the girls met each other Jotho and Hoenn aren't that big

20. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Hoenn's pretty big judging by the maps that we've seen. But I do wish that Iris had met May when she went to Johto though. At least I'm assuming that May was still there, but who knows if she was still doing Contests there.

KenzeyEevee likes this.