• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So are Pokegirls just not returning anymore?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I still don't think anyone is coming back; my expectations are really low for pretty much everything in the next series

NesRemix

The thing is maybe there wasn't much incentive. Iris didn't appear in XY for reasons, and Serena wasn't a good fit for SM's art style and new Ash, so she was left out.

And Dawn's cameo in BW was viewed as kind of lackluster overall, and could have been much better. Misty's AG cameos and first SM cameo was ok, and May's return in DP was done well. Maybe they just can't fit them in anymore.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
The thing is maybe there wasn't much incentive. Iris didn't appear in XY for reasons, and Serena wasn't a good fit for SM's art style and new Ash, so she was left out.

And Dawn's cameo in BW was viewed as kind of lackluster overall, and could have been much better. Misty's AG cameos and first SM cameo was ok, and May's return in DP was done well. Maybe they just can't fit them in anymore.

So May is the only one allowed to have good cameo? I personally enjoyed Dawn and Misty's cameos - specifically the one at Cerulean gym.

NesRemix

So May is the only one allowed to have good cameo? I personally enjoyed Dawn and Misty's cameos - specifically the one at Cerulean gym.

I said Misty's AG and first SM cameo was good. The second SM cameo was kinda lackluster except a few scenes.

Dawn's BW cameo was always viewed as underwhelming even back in 2012. She basically just came back for a few fillers and then bombed out to Iris' Dragonite in the second round of a tournament. We had some fun scenes between Dawn and Iris but not much else.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
The best thing about Dawn's episodes in BW was when she joined Iris in calling Ash a kid and when she was becoming annoyed with Cilan.
I feel like her character got a regression in that moment, more like it was OOC. I doubt DP Dawn would say something like that to Ash.

NesRemix

Another problem with Dawn's cameo is she had no updates. She's also the only girl to return without new clothes or a new outfit, which I found strange. They gave Misty new clothes for like 2 episodes of screentime, and Dawn stayed for 9 episodes.

Likewise none of her pokemon changed since her special, and we didn't see any cameos/flashbacks to her rivals, or if she won any Contests in Hoenn. In May's cameo they gave us a huge update on her journey, ribbons wons, Drew/Harley watching, a Max cameo, May got two new outfits, tons of evolutions...I thought Dawn would get the same.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
They had already used her Platinum outfit in DP, but it wouldn’t have been hard to give her something new to wear. Misty’s outfit was original in AG; they could’ve done something similar for Dawn.

I wish Buneary or Quilava had evolved, or they had at least shown us her Ribbons. Her cameo was fun but it def. felt rushed

NesRemix

It's weird because Dawn got a very long and generous 9 episode cameo, most other girls only come back for 2-4 episodes, yet for some reason even with 9 whopping episodes, Dawn's cameo still felt rather uneventful and rushed.

I mean can you imagine if Misty stuck around for 9 episode straight either back in AG or SM? Or if May stayed for 9 episodes? It's really weird Dawn got 9 episodes, in real-life time her cameo aired over the course of 2 months, yet it doesn't feel that way, I don't know why. Her 9 episodes "felt" like 3-4 episodes, if that makes any sense.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
It's weird because Dawn got a very long and generous 9 episode cameo, most other girls only come back for 2-4 episodes, yet for some reason even with 9 whopping episodes, Dawn's cameo still felt rather uneventful and rushed.

I mean can you imagine if Misty stuck around for 9 episode straight either back in AG or SM? Or if May stayed for 9 episodes? It's really weird Dawn got 9 episodes, in real-life time her cameo aired over the course of 2 months, yet it doesn't feel that way, I don't know why. Her 9 episodes "felt" like 3-4 episodes, if that makes any sense.
Didn't Misty surpass Dawn having the most total return episodes after her return in SM?

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
If you mean combined, Misty has 8 cameos, 4 eps in AG and 4 in SM.

But Misty only ever stayed for 2 episodes at a time, in all her returns

Misty has 5 cameos in AG. Even though she wasn't there for the entire episode, she definitely appeared in The Scheme Team and it wasn't a flashback or her watching Ash on tv. She had a conversation with him in person so it counts as a cameo which ties her with Dawn.

She did technically appear in another episode in AG (maybe 2? I cant recall) where she watches Ash on tv but I dont really count these cameos since they're not speaking roles.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pokegirl Fan~ said:
I still don't think anyone is coming back; my expectations are really low for pretty much everything in the next series

I would've said something similar three or four years ago, but since Kasumi returned in SM, I don't think it's impossible that other past female companions could return even for just a few episodes since we know that the next saga will feature the old regions from time to time. I really just want Iris and Hikari to return since they're my favorite female companions.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think Lillie might travel with Ash to Galar along with Gladion. They are popular and it would tie in nicely with the games about them leaving Alola to do some training in a different region. Lusamine isn’t holding her children back and I think she’d be okay with them traveling the world and learning about different regions and Pokémon.

Nesremx

Lillie has no goal or real role outside t the Lusamine stuff and I feel like any development she would have onward would just be a retread of May/dawn/serena’s from their first 30 episodes. Lillie is just another beginning female trainer now. How is it going to be any different than any past girl?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Captain Jigglypuff said:
I think Lillie might travel with Ash to Galar along with Gladion. They are popular and it would tie in nicely with the games about them leaving Alola to do some training in a different region. Lusamine isn’t holding her children back and I think she’d be okay with them traveling the world and learning about different regions and Pokémon.

If they go there and head their own separate ways, then I'm all for it. But I wouldn't want them in the Galar cast as permanent cast members since I've had my fill of them already in SM.

AJ97

We don't know. Misty is an exception as she's a part of the O.G pokemon franchise and also, with the release of Pokemon lets go it made sense. For instance, the whole Brock ripping off his shirt during his battle of Kiawe kind of creates a resemblance between the Brock in the games to the real Brock. Brock is Ash's companion with the most episodes, yet we haven't seen him rip of his shirt not once until this episode.

Then again, if you take pokemon masters into consideration or assume one of the old series gets a new game out or something like that, there is a possibility that we might see one of the old characters. However, I think the character will be more similar to the games compared to their legitimate personality. So the odds of seeing a Serena with a huge crush on Ash etc seems very unlikely.